I'm Lovin' It!!!

I'm Lovin' It!!!

This is a discussion on I'm Lovin' It!!! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just purchased a Springfield Armory XD .40 (sub) and I'm thoroughly enjoying it. I was torn between the Spring and a Glock. Thought about it ...

Thread: I'm Lovin' It!!!

I'm Lovin' It!!!

Just purchased a Springfield Armory XD .40 (sub) and I'm thoroughly enjoying it. I was torn between the Spring and a Glock. Thought about it for two weeks. Just wanted asked about ammo. Are there any favorites. I'm wanting good quality for protection, not so much gun range time. Also, wantiing to know about holsters and where to purchase. I'm leaning toward an in-the-pants holster or even shoulder. Thanks all you crazy gun carriers. LOL
    Guns Don't Kill People.........Trauma To Vital Organs & Loss Of Blood Kill People

Try the "Defensive Ammunition and Ballistics" subforum.

...and the "Concealed Carry Holsters" forum.

Searching those forums has provided me with a LOT of answers to questions I've had.

Quote Originally Posted by DistantHorizon View Post
    Try the "Defensive Ammunition and Ballistics" subforum.

...and the "Concealed Carry Holsters" forum.

Searching those forums has provided me with a LOT of answers to questions I've had.
    This is a very good suggestion.

There are a lot of very good defensive .40S&W rounds out in the market today. If you search for IWB (Inside Waste Band) holsters you should be able to find a number of very good holster makers and recommendations. Personally, I don't like IWB holster and would NEVER carry in a shoulder holster because you would always need a cover garment.

Have fun searching this great site.
    Be Observant and Be Safe.

Current: S&W 442, Springfield XD9sc, XDm9, and Glock G26, G19, G23C,
    and SIG P226-40 TT, and Ruger GP-100, and Beretta 92FS
    Former: Taurus 92SS, SIG P220 TT, S&W 360, SIG P239-40, Ruger 22/45 MKII

Quote Originally Posted by 1YoungGunna View Post
    Just purchased a Springfield Armory XD .40 (sub) and I'm thoroughly enjoying it. I was torn between the Spring and a Glock. Thought about it for two weeks. Just wanted asked about ammo. Are there any favorites. I'm wanting good quality for protection, not so much gun range time. Also, wantiing to know about holsters and where to purchase. I'm leaning toward an in-the-pants holster or even shoulder. Thanks all you crazy gun carriers. LOL
    Congrats on the new purchase, but I have some bad news for you. You have just embarked upon an expensive journey filled with many expensive purchases...you won't be able to stop!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by 1YoungGunna View Post
    ...........Just wanted asked about ammo. Are there any favorites. I'm wanting good quality for protection, not so much gun range time. Also, wantiing to know about holsters and where to purchase. I'm leaning toward an in-the-pants holster or even shoulder.............
    First off, congratulations on the new shooter. I had exactly the same gun until it went to my daughter when she got her CCH license.

For ammo, I like Remington Golden Sabers or Winchester Rangers in the 155 or 165 grain weights. The one I would not recommend would be the Federal Hydra-Shok, especially the 165 grain load. I don't know why, but with this round Federal bolsters the name "40 Short & Weak" with it producing virtually the same energy (352fpe) as a 9mm Hydra-Shok (345fpe). Compare this to the 165 gr. Golden Saber (485fpe) or the 155 gr. Winchester Ranger (502fpe) and you'll see what I mean. If you want some seriously nasty stuff, you might look at the DoubleTap ammo loaded with the Speer Gold Dot bullet. The 155 grain makes 590fpe and the 165 grain makes 563 fpe. Have fun.

Hoss
    Sig 239 SAS 40 S&W / Sig 239 9mm / Kahr PM-9 / Walther PPS .40 / Sig P-245 / Ruger LCP
    Beretta Tomcat / Walther PPK / BDA 380 / Taurus 85 / Kel-Tec PF-9 / Am. Derringer 357

NRA Life Member
    My Web Site

Ex Member Array TacticalCompact's Avatar
    I just wanna know why you have your wallet, wrist-watch, and car-key complete with grocery-store club cards in your Avatar which should have a knife and flashlight in it instead LOL!

Maybe you are just trying to be funny :D

Springfield xd 40 sub is my edc. I absolutely love that gun. I use gold-dots in it. I am no ammo guru, in fact I know next to nothing about ammo, but I have heard good things about gold-dots and it's what my local gander mtn armorer suggests, so I use them. I carry it in an crossbreed supertuck. Forget it's there sometimes. Anyway, great purchase and Congratulations!!!!!
    Remember, no matter where you go, there you are.

Thanks everyone for the great information, especially retsupt99. LOL And my avatar is just the things I never leave the house without. Need communication, a time piece, funds, keys, and to bring home the groceries. So good eye TacticalCombat. LOL
    Guns Don't Kill People.........Trauma To Vital Organs & Loss Of Blood Kill People

Sponsored Links