New 637

New 637

This is a discussion on New 637 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ok, because of the super-duper snubbie thread recently I have been on a snubnose hunt lately. I was at my gunshop today and found a ...

Thread: New 637

New 637

Ok, because of the super-duper snubbie thread recently I have been on a snubnose hunt lately. I was at my gunshop today and found a used 637 in excellent condition. The cost was about 240 with tax and a box of powerballs. I like this gun so far, been messing with it all day long. I just ordered a superfly pocket holster and that got me thinking. Should I bob or not? I bought this model mainly because of the price, but I like the looks of the 637 a lot more than the other snubbies. I was thingking the hammer would possible snag n my pocket at the worst possible time. I am thinking of bobbing the hammer myself. Does anyone know where to get a 637 replacement hammer? I was to mess with a spare hammer and keep the stock one in original condition, so I was looking for a place that sells hammers, but have had no luck. Anyone know of a place? Also anyone know of a smith that does bob-jobs?
    Remember, no matter where you go, there you are.

Administrator
    Sorry about that...I'm sure you will like your 637!
    "Just blame Sixto"

Mo
    I bobbed mine - special ordered it from MidwayUSA. Go search "637 MIM Hammer" and you'll see it.

Took like a month to get it. Just made sure it fit and then bobbed it. I still have the original hammer in case I sell it or want to revert.

I have a 637...and I would keep the hammer just as it is.
    Pulling it from a pocket is not a problem if you just put your thumb on the hammer..pretty easy to develop muscle memory for that...

Note to self...
    Be sure you never keep your thumb on the trigger?????this in itself would be quite a trick...
    Remember...finger/trigger...thumb/hammer...ahhhh, now I have it!

Thanks, ICTsnub...
    These 'brain farts' are getting more serious...
    Last edited by RETSUPT99; May 4th, 2008 at 07:49 PM.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

HKR
    I had a 637 and it was a great JFrame. You can get a new hammer from Midway or from S&W.

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Pulling it from a pocket is not a problem if you just put your thumb on the trigger...pretty easy to develop muscle memory for that...
    +1

I've been practicing with my 637 since I got it and it's almost second-nature now.

I have a 637 also and carry it in a DeSantis Nemesis holster and the hammer is'nt as much of a problem as you would think for pocket carry. I would cover it with the thumb when drawing and leave it on the gun. Great little snub .
    Para82

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Pulling it from a pocket is not a problem if you just put your thumb on the trigger...pretty easy to develop muscle memory for that...
    Just remember to keep your thumb off the trigger until you're rea....wait a minute, we do it different in Kansas.

Yes we like to put our thumb on the hammer instead. Just kidding! I am always having to edit my posts and some get away from me from time to time.
    God bless our troops!

Just pulling Retsupt's leg a bit. I eliminated my digital confusion with a 640!

Sponsored Links