380 Bersa review & questions - Page 2

380 Bersa review & questions

This is a discussion on 380 Bersa review & questions within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by LongRider T Where did you get the wood grips? They are nice looking. marschalgrips.com The Bersa cc actually belongs to my wife ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 380 Bersa review & questions

Quote Originally Posted by LongRider View Post
    T Where did you get the wood grips? They are nice looking.
    marschalgrips.com The Bersa cc actually belongs to my wife now, she kinda stole it from me after trying it out. Anyway, she had to have nice wood grips. Marschal is out of country, so their shipping takes a little longer than most, but I had my grips 2 weeks after ordering them. They fit perfectly, no mods needed.
    Remember, no matter where you go, there you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaystekan View Post
    marschalgrips.com The Bersa cc actually belongs to my wife now, she kinda stole it from me after trying it out. Anyway, she had to have nice wood grips. Marschal is out of country, so their shipping takes a little longer than most, but I had my grips 2 weeks after ordering them. They fit perfectly, no mods needed.
    Thanks, will show the wife it is for her gun and looks do matter to the ladies I am glad she went for the black one and not the stainless though. But anything that has the lil darlins carrying is a good thing
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Quote Originally Posted by mech1369dlw View Post
    . . . The recoil spring has 2 different size ends. Check out each end as you put it over the barrel. The smaller end goes towards the rear of the barrel. If put on backwards, it develops some extraction problems. Also, on re-assembly, if you keep the end of the spring on the top as you put it into the frame, it will go together a whole lot better than if you have the end in any other position. Most of them usually take 300 or so rounds to get where you can start to trust them. . .
    +1. Yup, I really like my .380, great little gun. Mine was pretty well broken in w/ a little over 100 rounds and no problems since. I use Golden Sabers for carry ammo, but I know a lot of folke swear by Corbon DPX as well. Check out the following for a foolproof diagram to assist reassembly.

Bersa Thunder 380 Chapterhouse

I also recommend Bersatalk.com, there's a ton of knowledge and really good folks; lots of fun ad occasionally some free giveaways. They also have a resident gunsmith from Colorado Gun Works in Ft. Collins who knows his stuff. All this plus the lifetime warrany, and I think you made a good choice.
    Last edited by Roland of Gilead; May 12th, 2008 at 11:19 AM. Reason: Add'l ammo info
    Freedom ... must be fought for, protected, and handed on ... or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. -- Ronald Reagan, 1967

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    First off congrats . Bersa are fine little affordable firearms . Second off i have and do still carry a .380 and when i do i carry ball ammo and treat it like a big .22 in that it will do the job if i place my shot . I have a friend i carried to the grave who was killed by a .380 . It took 3 years tho . He was a big fella ( about 340 and 6'6 in his time ) who in a bar first belittled a fella and then got shot . The fella was out of prison before the complications of his shot killed my friend . So in this case well the .380 worked .. and in fact it worked at the time because my big friend fell to the floor rather than continuing to razz the fella . However to me it ment that if you carry one you place them as you would a .22 and carry for penetration over anything else .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Here's another set of Marschallgrips

I use the Don Hume 721OT for carry.
    Life is too short to be serious!

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Repairs View Post
    First off congrats . Bersa are fine little affordable firearms . Second off i have and do still carry a .380 and when i do i carry ball ammo and treat it like a big .22 in that it will do the job if i place my shot .
    That has to be the rawest cosign for a gun I have ever heard, thanks for the share, but damn. Sorry about your bro. I agree 100% shot placement is what I keep emphasizing to my wife who does not like to practice. Though she is more than a decent shot, with less power AND less ammo 14 vs 8 she HAS TOO make more hits with fewer rounds. Not sure that I understand why not hollow points? Isn't the .380 a small, high velocity bullet so that it is wounds channel not penetration that is its greatest short coming?
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links