Pink gun? - Page 3

Pink gun?

This is a discussion on Pink gun? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Bat47 A gun is a tool, a deadly serious one and to have it in pink makes light of that fact. It ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Pink gun?

Quote Originally Posted by Bat47 View Post
    A gun is a tool, a deadly serious one and to have it in pink makes light of that fact. It is not a fashion accessory. If she were my daughter I would impress that fact to her. Just my 2 cents
    I look at like this. If it gets her to carry and be responsible for her own safety, so be it.
    Glock 27
    BENELLI NOVA

Senior Member Array InspectorGadget's Avatar
    Imagine the idiot that survives the shot and has to explain to his boyfriend bubba how his victim shot him with a Hot Pink pistol, when this hits the news in prison.
    Colt 1911 New Agent, CTLaser

You do not work for them, they work for you.
    Senators http://senate.gov/general/contact_in...nators_cfm.cfm
    Congressmen http://www.house.gov/house/MemberWWW_by_State.shtml

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Piglet View Post
    kentuckycarry said:

But it would also "suck" to be the bloke who was forced into pulling the trigger. Any time a self-defense shooting takes place, both parties lose, not just the perp. The ensuing quagmire of a criminal and/or civil trial, lost income and legal expenses is nothing to take lightly, not that I think you were. It's just that anything that can help someone not have to pull the trigger should be eagerly welcomed.

As much as I wish it were otherwise, I think that pjw315 really does have a point. When the gun that the woman is using to hold a determined adversary at bay is hot pink, I think there is a very good chance that there would be confusion about whether the gun is real or not. Hot pink guns just aren't seen very often in real life, and never (to my knowledge) in the movies, which unfortunately is where a lot of punks get their "education" .

Also, remember that it's hard enough for many criminals to permit a woman to "control" them (psychologically speaking) even when she is sending a clear message that she means what she says and the BG better mind himself. Many, if not most, of these morons are very misogynistic. Because of this, anything that makes a woman's image seem more serious and businesslike is a very good thing when attempting to control such a criminal. A pink gun is just too "cute". It sends a confusing message in my opinion, one that, while in reality not at all contradictory (nothing wrong with beautifying our tools), your average thick-skulled criminal would have a difficult time sorting out.

Anyway, that's what I think. Sorry to contribute to the digression here, but I thought it was worth talking about.

On topic:

Have you been to TJ's Custom Gunworks? I think they will be able to take care of you very nicely. TJ offers lots of different frame color options, some of which are quite wild. There are lots of photo galleries on his site showing his work, too. Here's the link to his main page:

TJ's Custom Gunworks - Master Pistolsmithing - Gunsmithing With Pride & Craftsmanship For Over 20 Years

Though there aren't many options for a pink gun coming straight from the manufacturer, if you want to spend a little there is almost always a way to get what you want. As others have mentioned, DuraCoat is promising, though I haven't any personal experience with it.
    Point taken and I see your side of it. But like I said, she doesnt want a totally pink gun. To me they look like a toy. I do want her to be taken seriously if the case arose, and without having to shoot. But I see no harm in having a pink grip or a pink grip and cylinder. If it is light enough outside to see the color of the cylinder or grip, it's light enough to see that black or silver barrel, not to mention the bullets in the cylinder. Remember we're talking about a revolver here...............They make hot pink tazers too.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Lowe View Post
    So, what's wrong with Taurus? I've owned a PT92AFS for over 15 years, and it has always worked for me. Goes bang every time I pull the trigger, and puts the shots where I want them to go.
    I would prefer to get her a Smith or a Ruger. I just have more confidence in them. She has a Rossi which is made by Taurus and I'm not crazy about it. Ya get what ya pay for and Taurus is on the lower end...
    Also, just because Taurus offers a pink revolver, I'm not giving up quality for color.

I personally don't see why people get so upset at colored guns. A gun is a tool, yes it is, however if it gets a person more apt to protect themselves because they like carrying a pink gun, then so be it. A car is also a tool and can be just as deadly, yet you see cars in all sorts of colors. Whats the difference in what color a gun is anyway? My wife wanted stained wooden grips for her bersa, got them and she couldn't be happier with it. Sure stained grips and a colored gun is a big difference, but they are both the same principle. Both are cosmetic only, persoanl preferences and have no effect on how the gun works. What difference does the color of a gun make? Whats the difference, other than personal and individual taste between a pink taurus or glock, and a bead blasted j-frame? Nobody is going to see the gun anyway except the person carrying it and in a shtf situation, the bad guy on the business end of the gun. At that point, I really don't think anyone will care what color the gun is.
    Remember, no matter where you go, there you are.

Quote Originally Posted by kentuckycarry View Post
    Ok , My daughter is 19 and she has her own Rossi 38. She wants her permit when she turns 21 but she wants a pink gun. She likes revolvers and I'd really prefer to get her a Ruger, maybe a sp101, or a Smith, something better than the Rossi. I'd want her to try it out first anyway and decide for herself. What are my options on making atleast the handle pink? Or making the gun itself pink? I've done research and could'nt find anything on these guns as far as pink grips. I found Taurus has pink ones, but I want her to have a good solid gun and Taurus doesn't fit the bill for me.
    I would have to send my wife out to buy it!...If I walked in and asked for a pink gun I'm afraid they would think I was a puffer or something!
    USMC 1984-1992
    To err is human.
    To forgive is divine.
    Neither of which is Marine Corps policy.

"It's all about shot placement."- David (Slayer of Goliath)

I have seen pink guns over the years and the hubby calls them "pimp guns".
    I really think pink is good for hair barrettes and watch bands....but not a weapon.
    A weapon, IMO, is not a fashion accessory, but a self defense tool.
    I know, there are pink hammers and screwdrivers, but I find those silly too.
    This is personal choice. BUT if this is what it takes for your daughter to get a weapon for self defense and learn to use it.....find her a good pink gun.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

I would prefer to get her a Smith or a Ruger. I just have more confidence in them. She has a Rossi which is made by Taurus and I'm not crazy about it. Ya get what ya pay for and Taurus is on the lower end...
    Also, just because Taurus offers a pink revolver, I'm not giving up quality for color.
    Rossi is it's own company, though it is owned by Taurus. The Rossi and Taurus revolvers are both good, serviceable revolvers. I would just say she needs to work her way up to a Smith or even a... Ruger, though the Rugers are a little on the heavy side.
    Glock 19/FEG/FM HiPowers/Keltec P32 for me. When I can't use my 870,N98 or Marlin .30-30 of course...

If Pink is such a bad thing for a gun, then why do we all get "nice looking" guns with the fancy wood grips, or great looking holsters that go beyond basic functionality. Lets not be hypocrites just be the color pink is now involved! Many of us select models of guns that are nickel plated, or stainless slide, Bi-toned whatever. Why? because we like the LOOKS of it. Why is pink any different?

FYI - personally I really don't like the idea of a pink gun - simply because pink isn't my color, however I just bought my daughter her first gun, a PINK Crosman 760 pumpmaster airgun (BB/Pellet).
    "Gun Free Zones" is where only criminals carry guns.

Dura Coat

We had a Kel Tec P32 Dura coated in pink that looked like the gun had been dipped in Pepto Bismol. Now the bad news is the guy who had it done for his girl got dumped between the time he ordered it and it came back. The good news is he kept it and shot it. When I saw it last it had had around 200 rounds of FMJ and 20 of JHP and there was only slight wear on the finish. No worries for maintenence or durability.

If she likes it and will carry it, I wouldn't care if it was pink, blue or green apple green.

I don't know about Rossi, never owned one. But I have owned several Taurus pistols and a 617B2 revolver. I found all to be good quality firearms. Fit and finish has been good to excellent on all the examples I've ever owned, and I would not trade my PT92 for the Beretta 92, even I was offered money to boot.

Cool needs more pink

Although I love the Smith Wesson, the barrel has to be pink. It needs more pink!~
    Now that I am older and have a better understanding of myself, I need a pink revolver and haven't found the one.
    Spirit51 likes this.

I know guys that like pink guns...... o Yea... I think!

My Smith air weight has pink grips. It came with both pink and black grips, but why not use the pink if I have the option siting right in front of me?

Yeah this is the only other one I've found besides the Taurus. Not real crazy about the Charter Arms and it being only 12 oz it wont do her. She hates my 642 because it is so light. A pink Hogue Grip would suit me fine, but they dont make them.
    I realize you're not very interested in a Charter Arms, but two quick points for anyone else who might be reading (or in case you have a change of heart).
    You're correct that Hogue doesn't make a pink grip that fits CA revolvers. (It took me two emails to Hogue CS and a 10 day wait to confirm this...), but CA does sell a pink grip for their revolvers on their website.Charter Accessories Store Product Display

Second, CA also makes a DAO revolver that's a little "heavier" than the 12 oz model you mentioned. The Undercover DAO weighs in at 16 oz. Charter Undercover DAO #73811

I learned these things while researching a gun purchase for my daughter. She initially liked CA's pink guns, but later decided they had "too much" pink. OTOH, she liked a S&W w/ stainless frame and pink grips. I was pushed for time and had a hard time finding any DAO, s/s frame, light weight, 38 spec guns in stock. I ended up w/ the CA "Undercover" DAO w/ s/s frame and added the pink grips. She likes the combo. I'll also add that the pink grips from the CA store are slightly bigger than the compact grips that come w/ the gun. The pink grips have room for the pinky. Maybe it'll help in controlling the gun better.

During my research, I also came across a Ruger LCR w/ pink grips. It was a limited production for a specific distributor and was no longer available.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links