Need some advice on high end guns. - Page 2

Need some advice on high end guns.

This is a discussion on Need some advice on high end guns. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Congratulations! You asked for opinions, so here's mine: Spend a total of $2K. $1200 on a beautiful Springfield Armory TRP in Stainless Steel $800 on ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Need some advice on high end guns.

Congratulations! You asked for opinions, so here's mine: Spend a total of $2K.

$1200 on a beautiful Springfield Armory TRP in Stainless Steel
    $800 on a beautiful Seecamp LWS380 (also in SS)

Now you've got a high end 1911 that will shoot with the best of them, and a top-of-the-line matching BUG - AND you didn't blow a fortune.

Just my two cents. Good luck with your decision.

P.S. BTW, the most accurate firearm in my safe is also my CZ 75B ($450), followed closely by my S&W 686.

Distinguished Member Array Wasabi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by benderx4 View Post
    Congratulations! You asked for opinions, so here's mine: Spend a total of $2K.

$1200 on a beautiful Springfield Armory TRP in Stainless Steel
    $800 on a beautiful Seecamp LWS380 (also in SS)

Now you've got a high end 1911 that will shoot with the best of them, and a top-of-the-line matching BUG - AND you didn't blow a fortune.

I agree, only for the 1911 I'd go with a Fusion 10mm (Scout XL or PRO-Series ELITE Custom?). Along with the Seecamp, that would be a very nice $2Kish combo.

Fusion Firearms

Thanks for all the insight guys (and girls). I do currently have a 1911, I think it's my fifth one, an SA Mil-Spec that I bought used two or three years ago (that's it in my avatar).

I've actually spent a good deal of time considering this purchase and while it's all but certain to be a 1911, my preference of model (from my list) changes fairly frequently. As Qk said, they're all good guns and it's just hard to narrow it down to the one. It may very well be decided by what this shop has in the case and their price.

As I said, there might be a pristine used model there from my list and saving a few bucks on the deal wouldn't hurt my feelings any. I've already decided on ivory grips from Nutmeg Sports and emailed Jim with a few questions this morning - you only go around once, right?

My biggest problem is the shop is closed on Mondays, so I have to sweat out the anticipation until Tuesday.
    Jack

maclean3, is there a great 1911 gunsmith in your area? Why do I ask? If there is, I would have the pistol made to my specifications. I have a beautiful custom 9mm Colt 1911 that I bought from a friend. My friend gave up on the gun after sinking $2,500 into it and it still didn't work properly. I gave $1,000 and put another $500 into it. The before and after results are in the photos, you can judge for yourself if my advice is wise. Regards, Richard

As I bought the custom 9mm Colt 1911, except for the Nill grips:

After being worked on by Marianne Carniak, Alex Hamilton, and Virgil Tripp:

Senior Member Array mech1369dlw's Avatar
    What a small world. Tomorow morning I go before the judge for the same thing, mine is for 33 months worth. I have had the fusions and currently wearing a spinal stimulator that was implanted a year ago. You gonna have enough bucks to get one of each. Go for it. Just like pringles, can't do just one.
    A person is justified in the use of deadly force, if such person reasonably believes deadly force is necessary to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm to such person or a third person.

Mech: you've got a PM.
    Jack

Nice to hear that justice was served. I don't think you could go wrong with any of your selected items, but I'd go for the Wilson...

Hope your back is doing all right!
    A man in the hands of his enemies is flesh, and shudderingly vulnerable. - author unknown

Here are two of you choices and fine ones they are.....

http://www.treasureislandbedandbreakfast.com
    Ed Brown Kobra Carry | HK P7M8, P2000sk, P30s | Sig P238, P239SAS, 1911 C3, P232, P938 | Colt Defender, Mustang Pocketlite, 1911 | Rohrbaugh R9 | Kimber Covert Ultra II | Browning HP, Buckmark 22LR(suppressed| Walter PPK(1966) | Kahr PM9 Black Rose |

Sweet pics Duke!
    I was thinking more of the Ex. Carry but I'd be equally happy with a Kobra Carry should they have one at a nice price.

The Rohrbaugh would definitely take over when a pocket gun was called for but the more I consider the price, the more I'd rather spend that kind of money on a 1911. There is a nice used one on the Rohrbaugh Forum for much less than $1300 though if anyone else is looking for one.
    Jack

My dream carry gun.......

Wilson Combat CQB compact, alloy frame.

Though Ed Brown lives a stone throw away, WILSON COMBAT FOR THE WIN!

Senior Member Array Knuckledrager's Avatar
    Ed Brown all the way. I get to see a whole lot of high end production 1911 platforms. The Ed Browns have been the most consistent.
    "The liberty of the individual is no gift of civilization. It was greatest before there was any civilization." Sigmund Freud

Why not Pistol Dynamic?

-JT

AEA
    Wilson Customer Service (if needed) is more responsive and friendly than Ed Brown's.

Wilson's "unwritten" warranty follows the gun, not the 1st buyer. So, if you see a good used Wilson, you can buy it without any worries about service (again.....IF needed).

Every time I think I've settled on a model you guys bring up points I hadn't thought of so this is REALLY going to be a tough decision. I was pretty much leaning toward a Nighthawk Talon III with a Baer TRS Commanche second, then I thought Talon III or Baer Stinger, then Talon III or Brown Ex. Carry, then Brown Kobra Carry or Talon III, then Kobra Carry or Wilson CQB Compact ....
    Jack

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links