EAA witness opinions?

EAA witness opinions?

This is a discussion on EAA witness opinions? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; For those of you who own a full size eaa witness pistols what do think of these guns? would you say they are a high ...

Thread: EAA witness opinions?

EAA witness opinions?

For those of you who own a full size eaa witness pistols what do think of these guns? would you say they are a high quality firearm? Also are these guns cz clones or their own design? I like their wonder finish allot but want feed back before I take the plunge. Also does anyone where a good leather iwb rig can be found for these guns,or what holsters for other guns will fit it? Last thing is could anyone with a witness pistol please post some pics? thanks

I borrowed a friend's EA Witness 9mm for a few weeks, it wasn't the wonder finish though.
    My impressions were pretty positive, it wouldn't be my first choice for a CCW but as a home SD gun it'd be fine.
    Good, solid gun, a little heavy, nice capacity. Probably one of the smoothest triggers I've ever shot but it was a bit long.
    I liked the cocked and locked option too. Nice sights..
    More affordable version of a CZ I guess you could say.
    " Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master." George Washington

I have 2, and they are keepers. Accurate, built like a tank, easy to take apart, and you can change barrels and mags and have another caliber! Oh yea, and reliable!
    John
    Assault is a behavior, not a device.

"Don't never take no shortcuts." Patty Reed, Donner Party

Lifetime NRA member

Distinguished Member Array clarkston_cz's Avatar
    Truthfully, my 10mm Witness has a superior trigger pull than my old 75B, but not my CZ-USA tuned 75B Stainless.

Tanfoglio offers a great gun at a good price, but I'd prefer a CZ in 9mm or .40 before the Witness.

That said. Because of all the fervor about the 10mm on my forum's
    CZF Clone Club. I bought the Witness 10 for the platform (CZ75-my favorite)
    and the awesome cartridge.

That was 8 years ago. I've been very happy since day one.

VIP Member
    My friend shoots competitively and his quote is "people in the know consider them sweet shooters". He is a SUPER shooter and has won lots of $$$ and competitions. He has a full size witness in 9mm for "stock shooting" ( I think thats what he calls it). If he shoots one they are good guns!!!
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

I've heard all good things about them

great guns

ive shot a witness 9mm that my neighbor owns next to my dreaded ,sigma sw9ve and its a sweet shooter ,nicely made ,feels great in the hand and i hate to say it but my sigma puts its shots dont laugh ,within a 12 inch circle at 15-20 yards once it settles in ,his witness easily halves that 4-6 inches with a few flyers my sigmas getting better i could barely get it on paper when new,its tightening up slowly or im figuring out the trigger.his witness was 349.00 i paid 299.00 minus the 50.00 rebate and 2 free mags,were both happy.

Distinguished Member Array sniper58's Avatar
    I owned a Witness .40 for 5 years and loved it. Solid, tight fit and highly accurate. I shot over 5000 rounds without a hiccup. I recently sold it to buy another 1911 - to stay with one platform, one pistol, one caliber. Otherwise, I'd still have it. I can't speak to the CZ, but I am a Witness fan!
    Tim
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    ________
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    The EAA Witness is a CZ clone. I've held them before but never had a chance to examine one closely or shoot it. You might check full size CZ 75 holsters for fit.

Don't let the low price fool you. These are nicely finished, accurate, reliable guns.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

Have a 45 Witness for about 5 years. No problems. Doesn't like SWC handloads or Wolf but does fine w/ all other fmj or jhps I 've used. It is as accurate as any handgun I've ever owned(over 40). Little big for cc but a great bedside pistol.

[QUOTE=swiftyjuan;715110]I have 2, and they are keepers. Accurate, built like a tank, easy to take apart, and you can change barrels and mags and have another caliber! Oh yea, and reliable

Easy to take apart? I can't remember the last time you even cleaned a gun let alone take one apart thats why you want me to come home isn't it
    Really the EAA are very nice and very reliable.
    Politicians are like diapers, they should be changed often and for the same reason. ~ Robin Williams ~
    www.desbiensgunleather.com

Links