Xd40sc Vs. G27

This is a discussion on Xd40sc Vs. G27 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a the XD40SC now. I was looking at the G27... what is the difference between the to? Which one shoots better? Which one ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Xd40sc Vs. G27

Xd40sc Vs. G27

I have a the XD40SC now. I was looking at the G27... what is the difference between the to? Which one shoots better? Which one do you like better and why?

2. Remove Ads

The only thing I don't like about the XD's is that the slide is higher profile than necessary. XD is a good gun though. I own the G27 and really like it a lot. Great belly gun.

To be honest with you, overall not a nickels worth of difference, save for the grip safety on the XD. Both fulfill the same mission as a compact and powerful carry gun that is reliable to a fault.
    God bless our troops!

I have the G27. There are absolutely no good reasons why I'd try anything else. Folks call Glocks ugly? Springfield calls that a 'sub'-compact!? You decide.

I bought an XD45 as my first handgun so when I went looking for a subcompact for daily carry I was biased toward XD's but I actually bought the Glock 27 instead. I shot both and tested both in IWB holsters at the range. The Glock 27 for whatever reason felt better in my hand and I was more accurate with it. I also find the Glock 27 to be a little easier to conceal. The XD subcompacts are a hair bulkier than Glock subcompacts. The Glock is scary accurate for a 3" gun. I once shot it off sandbags at 35 yds with tuned handloads and I was able to produce slightly sub tennis ball size groups (not an accurate representation of combat accuracy but it's nice to know the gun will shoot far more accurately than I can shoot it). I have shot a 27 and 23 side by side and despite it's smaller size I actually shot the 27 a little better. I do have Pearce +1's on my mags for the Glock.

Both the XD and the and the Glock are fine handguns. I'm not a diehard Glock or XD guy. I have one of both and I like each for it's respective use. Go to the range and rent a Glock 27 and shoot it beside your XD. You may find that the XD fits you better. Don't be swayed by what people say on here. While advice is good you should make your final decision based on how comfortable you feel with the Glock vs. your XD.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyrigger View Post
    I have a the XD40SC now. I was looking at the G27... what is the difference between the to? Which one shoots better? Which one do you like better and why?
    I have both and like the XD better...my XD is a 45 Compact though.
    I like the grip safety and the way it fits my hand a little better...

All that matter is which one you like best and more importantly which one you shoot most accuratley! Both are awesome, dependable pistols...
    USMC 1984-1992
    To err is human.
    To forgive is divine.
    Neither of which is Marine Corps policy.

"It's all about shot placement."- David (Slayer of Goliath)

Glock 27

Just purchased a Glock 27 and it is a great shooter. I have been carrying my Glock 32 in 357 sig and that is also a great shooter. I figured I would get a smaller glock and I got a great deal on it . I also have the +1 extension. I figured it would not be as accurate at the 32, however, I think it is very close. GREAT GUN. I love this gun more every day I own it and for $335 with 3 extra mags, 2 holsters and less than 200 rounds throught it . I Stole That gun.
    Glock 32 (357 sig)

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    There are a few features that make the guns slightly different. Here are a few:

Glock
    A bit smaller
    Tenifer finish
    More aftermarket support

XD
    Ambidextrous mag release
    Grip safety
    Optional external safety
    (Optional) Magazine disconnect (I think)

Each gun has its followers and distractors. Pick the one that fits the best and shoots the best for you.

I personally prefer the Glock and now have 5 of them.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

got the g27 and have no need to look back. i enjoy my xd too though. but owning both i will tell you my g27 is my primary carry and the xd secondary.
    its whatever feels best for you. everybody is different.
    handle both guns and pull the pros and cons and decide from there.
    i dont know anybody that doesnt love their g27
    "An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it."

I have handled the xd...its not a bad gun. I still think the Glock is a benchmark I sold mine in a moment of stupidity. I think you will not be unhappy w either neccessarily....but the g27 would be my choice.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Thumbs up

I've owned both, and still have the G27.
    'Nuff said...
    Glock 22, NS
    Glock 20, NS
    Ruger MkIII bull-barrel
    Quote Originally Posted by Dal1Celt View Post
    You can't cure stupid, but you can give it a good whoopin to straighten it's thought pattern.

hmm a lot to think about... I would love to go shoot the G27, but there is not a range that rents guns, for that matter no indoor range... i guess that is a down fall of living in Alaska.

thanks for all the info.

I think both are great guns. I know how you feel though. You get that itch to get a new gun even though you are happy with your current one. LOL.

I don't think it would be worth it to trade/sell the XDSC and take the loss, and then have to pay more for the Glock, when they are essentially very similar.

I love my XD and have only had it for a few months, but sometimes I think about trading it on an EMP or just buying another CC gun. Not because I don't love the XD, but because I just like buying new toys. It's an addiction.

I've owned both, shot both, like 'em both OK. For me the G27 gets it. I shoot it better, it is a little more comfortable to conceal, and accurate.

Both are excelent choices.
    G-23, 27, 35 (all .40)
    G-29 10mm
    H&K 45c
    Les Baer Thunder Ranch 5"

I went to the range one day and shoot the M&P 40c, XD 40sc, but could not shoot the G27. I shoot the M&P better then the XD, but not by too much. I did not buy either at the time, but later as the price of ammo kept going up I shoot the G26, which is the same size as the G27.

As you can tell by my collection I prefer the Glock over the Springfield, or the S&W. My most recent purchase was the G26, and I love the reliability and accuracy of G26. Right now I can shoot the G26 as well, if not better, than the G19 or G23.
    Be Observant and Be Safe.

Current: S&W 442, Springfield XD9sc, XDm9, and Glock G26, G19, G23C,
    and SIG P226-40 TT, and Ruger GP-100, and Beretta 92FS
    Former: Taurus 92SS, SIG P220 TT, S&W 360, SIG P239-40, Ruger 22/45 MKII

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links