New to me Kahr CW40

New to me Kahr CW40

This is a discussion on New to me Kahr CW40 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well, I hope I didnt screw up. I've never jumped on the 40s&w band waggon, or Kahr for that matter, but I couldnt pass this ...

New to me Kahr CW40

Well, I hope I didnt screw up. I've never jumped on the 40s&w band waggon, or Kahr for that matter, but I couldnt pass this up. My buddy had this CW40 and has never had any issues with it. We've been shooting before but I've never paid any attention to it. Im a Colt guy through and through. Anyway, I made the mistake up picking it up the other day, and I just fell in love with it. its so incredibly thin and light and I can actually get all three fingers wrapped around the grip. It just melted there in my hand. So, I ended up buying it. I hope it works out for me. I hope its not too much to handle. He said it wasnt too much. I've polished up the feed ramp and lubed it up. Im ready for the range tomorrow. Do you guys have any advice? Thanks, Kevin.

Jesus said "and if you dont have a sword (AK), sell your cloak and buy one. Luke 22:36

I have a CW9 and a K9 and it is one of the best (if not the best) CC pieces that I have had. Just recently purchased a K40 and was very impressed with it as well. Recoil is a little more "snappish" than my K9. I compared the CW9, the CW40 and the 45 before I decided on the CW9. I found that I was a tad quicker on doubles taps with the 9 than either the 40 or 45. Recoil was not a problem with any of them, I was just a little quicker with the 9.

Congrats on acquiring a fine weapon. I have a CW9 and because of the thin profile and the light weight it is my easiest carry gun. Never a problem after hundreds of rounds. The 40 has to be sweet. Enjoy.

VIP Member
    Enjoy, you made an excellent purchase.

I have a cw40, big problem child. From faliure to go to battery to locking open every shot. It was to be my every day carry but never made the grade so to speak.
    Current collection: Too many according to the wife...

Good looking weapon. I dont have one, but if you experience problems dont simply ship it off, try different ammo first. Most often you will find that special round that feeds great along with the stopping power you wanted. Good luck.
    "Eternity is Too Long to be Wrong"

Texas CHL Instructor & Holder & Utah CFP Instructor
    NRA Instructor & Life Member
    Member TSRA, USCCA, TCHA
    Christian, Heterosexual, Pro-2A, Pro-Life, Conservative, Common Sense American

Thanks guys. My buddy never had any problems with it, but he has only put 400-500rds through it. Im just in uncharted waters for me. Im new to poly frame guns (I havent liked them in the past, and I've bought and sold 3 Glocks), new to the 40s&w, and new to Kahr. So, I'll take it out today and see if its a keeper. I just hope I didnt make a mistake. Thanks again for the comments. Kevin.
    Jesus said "and if you dont have a sword (AK), sell your cloak and buy one. Luke 22:36

Very nice.

It is a very popular model based on sales.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

I have a CW9 and love it. Steve48

Also have a CW9 and it's just an awesome gun. So small, light, and thin. Perfect carry piece.
    Dave
    Springfield XD .40 Service
    Para Ord Hawg 9
    Kahr CW9
    S&W 22A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joBMq...eature=related

Well, it went perfect today at the range. I ran 112rds of Winchester white box through her and had no FTF or FTE's. I did however have the magazine slip out about a half inch every now and again.I was probably inadvertently hitting the mag release while shooting. I called Kahr when I got home to see if there was a remedy for this, or if I had to adjust my grip. They said they fixed this problem by changing the mag release to an all steel version. So he shipped it to me at no charge. We'll see if it fixes the issue. But man, what a nice gun. It feels really nice in my hand while shooting and the recoil wasnt bad at all. Im hooked on Kahr, and 40s&w too!!

Links