Defensive Carry banner

First Revolver M&P 340 snub.

4K views 20 replies 15 participants last post by  XD9mm 
#1 ·
We had a pretty big gun show in Pa last weekend so I went with the intentions of only buying if I found the EXACT gun I was looking for, a S&W M&P 340 revolver.I wanted something small and light for summer time carry but yet still powerful If I didn't find one I wouldn't have been disappointed but man am I glad that I found it. It came with a Hogue grip and Trijicon front sight. I have put about 50 38's and 50 357's through her so far and can say that it's a handful and a bit tiring with the 357's. The 38's however make the gun a pleasure to shoot. Now I just need to decided on what holster to get for this little beauty.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Dang that is sweet. The local shop has one, but is is close to $900.... not willing to part with that much, but it has my finger prints all over it. I really am interested in you take on the big dot front sight. It looks really nice to pull up, but how do you like it to shoot with?

:gah:If you tell me how bad it is I can stop drooling over the one at the local shop...

Nice Gun..

Thanks for sharing...

#9 ·
In regards to the sights, initially I didn't think that I would like the sight set up since it really doesn't have a rear sight but I love it. The big Trijicon front sight is great and makes it very easy to get the sights on the target. The grips are really comfortably while shooting this little monster also. Unfortunately for you I have no bad things to say about this gun. Please don't buy it from that dealer though. If you decide to buy this gun, please do not buy it from that dealer. To answer Sui-juris's question, I paid $660 for this gun at the gun show. So just keep your eye out at your local shows and jump on it if you see one.

#6 ·
That is nice. Some manufacturer would make a TON of money if they could come up with a night sight attachment for the fixed-ramp Airweights. Until then, I'll deal with a painted front ramp and just be jealous of setups like yours. Good purchase!

Nice grips too, I just bought them for my Airweight.

#7 ·
The M&P 340 is my new carry piece too. Mine has the S&W Crimson Trace laser grips. I use a Desantis Nemisis pocket holster and have ordered Desantis Speed Scabbard (in black, of course) for OWB use.

I'm working my way up to .357 Magnums. I started with 38 special, using 38 +P now, and will try .357 in a week or two.

#8 ·
very nice, I wouldn't mind having one of those myself. Big-dots rock.

#10 ·
I bought one last year , great little revolver . I was going to show you some pictures of some of my holsters that I have for it , but this forum will not let me duplicate pictures that I have already posted . I don't have time to take new ones now. I have a UBG regulator in black shark if you are interested in it give me a PM .

#14 ·
XK9mm Thanks for the followup... I will have to hit the local gun shows to find one. I have been carrying an AMT .380 backup for years that has been rock solid reliable, BUT it is heavy compared to those little powerhouses.... Looks like a new 340 may be in in my future.... and new leather and.... :image035:

#15 ·
I have a 340M&P. Love it!!! That "Big Dot" front sight is great! I carry in a Don Hume IWB Leather holster. Paid 699.00 at the local gun shop.

#20 ·
M&P 340 at the local shop...

$689 w/o laser grips
$889 w/ CT laser grips....

The only other shops locally are Ganders and they won't be much better.. Waiting for the next show...:mad:

#21 ·
Like I said earlier, if you can pick on up for under $700 then did alright. $689 isn't that bad, it's about $30 more than what I paid for mine but I got a pretty good deal. It sounds like you really want on so you might as well jump on it. The only concern I have for putting a set of laser grips on this gun is losing the Hogue grip which I think is awesome. It's very comfortable and supportive, which I would hate to lose.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.