Old EDCs/new EDCs (pic)

This is a discussion on Old EDCs/new EDCs (pic) within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've gone through several phases in carrying. First was "got to have a flickable safety." Then came "got to have NO flickable safety." Now it's ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Old EDCs/new EDCs (pic)

Old EDCs/new EDCs (pic)

I've gone through several phases in carrying.
    First was "got to have a flickable safety."
    Then came "got to have NO flickable safety."
    Now it's "more bigger is more better."

I've been scrimping and looking for awhile, so when I finally found an XD-45 compact service at the gunshop, I broke the piggy bank. As luck (or fate) would have it, the gunshop also had a 442 for sale. I figured "why wait?"

Old EDC's on left (XD9sc, P3AT). New EDC's on right (XD45c, 442)
    Of course I can always mix and match, and the two on the left will still have their places.

Now, if I can only get that machine gun, spare mags, a shotgun, another .45, and more spare mags before the election.
    Attached Images

2. Remove Ads

Since we're boasting... =d

My first carry was the Springfield XD .40. Than I bought my Para Ord Hawg 9. I just recently purchased the Kahr CW9, but I still carry the Para Ord Hawg 9 mainly, but carry the CW9 now and than.

Dave
    Springfield XD .40 Service
    Para Ord Hawg 9
    Kahr CW9
    S&W 22A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joBMq...eature=related

Quote Originally Posted by Defensor View Post
    My first carry was the Springfield XD .40. Than I bought my Para Ord Hawg 9. I just recently purchased the Kahr CW9, but I still carry the Para Ord Hawg 9 mainly, but carry the CW9 now and than.
    You've got several good choices when it comes to carry.

And I'm not boasting. I worked many 60-hour weeks to save for my guns. I see it as a necessity to buy all the high-capacity guns and mags I want for the next decade or so before the election. Maybe we won't see another assault weapons ban, but I'm making preparations in case it happens.

Buy early, and buy often, as long as we can.

Distinguished Member Array XD 45's Avatar
    what holster do you use for CC for your xd 45
    XD .45, Glock 23, Mossberg 590A, M&P 15 Rossi 641, RIA 1911

If You Want To Know The Mind Of A Man Listen To His Words

Quote Originally Posted by XD 45 View Post
    what holster do you use for CC for your xd 45
    I'm still experimenting, but I've either received or ordered the following:

1. Smartcarry, security style (two holsters in front), large sized holsters. With two holsters to choose from, I can wear it in the right holster as is traditionally worn (I'm right handed), or I can wear it in the left holster with grip pointing right. This causes the small bump to be nearer the zipper line in my trousers. With baggy enough pants, I could even carry two guns there.

2. Deep concealment shoulder holster: Deep Concealment Shoulder Holster
    I've got this on order. I've tried one, and it holds the gun as tight to your body as you want. MadDog started a thread and posted some picks awhile back of his deep concealment holster.

3. I'm trying to order a combination IWB/OWB holster from Bluegrass Holsters, a forum sponser. He calls it the Mason/Dixon holster.

There are lots of good leather holster makers that make quality holsters. I want several carry options since I'm still experimenting (hence the shoulder holster and SmartCarry), and if I can get the IWB/OWB combo, it will save me around $100 vs. getting one IWB and one OWB.

I used a kydex holster with my XD9, but I didn't like it. The kydex scratched the finish on my gun immediately, and the holster wasn't made to accommodate the chamber indicator up, so my chamber indicator was gouging a channel in the kydex. I think I'll be using leather or fabric from now on.

Good luck in your search for a holster. Lots to choose from. I've got a list of about 20 holster makers that at one time or another I considered buying a holster from. And still may yet. My holster box is only half full.

Perhaps my wording came across different than I meant it to Grady. Sorry if I sounded prickish, it was more or less a nonchalant comical phrase. Would kind of like to see what everyone else carrys, if we could turn this thread into another one of those oh so picture heavy threads. =D
    Dave
    Para Ord Hawg 9
    Kahr CW9
    S&W 22A

Perhaps my wording came across different than I meant it to Grady. Sorry if I sounded prickish, it was more or less a nonchalant comical phrase. Would kind of like to see what everyone else carrys, if we could turn this thread into another one of those oh so picture heavy threads. =D
    No problem. Maybe I was a little sensitive because I thought it might come across as bragging. I know some people (myself included at times) have struggled to purchase even one gun. So I feel bad posting pictures of 4. I've never in my life had that many. I just bought 2 yesterday. But I'm very concerned about the elections, and I'm also trying to make up for lost time. I was negligent for so many years in taking care of my family, so now I'm spending more than normal to try and make up for lost preparations.

You weren't prickish. I was overly sensitive. Now, go buy some guns and make up for it!

I enjoy seeing others' pics, also. That's why I posted these, hoping someone might enjoy them. So yeh, I'd like to see some more pics!

No worries at all man, I'm not the money tree either. But either way, hats off to late night forum junkies like you and I that can banter to and fro at the wee hours of the night. And yea, lets get some pictures rolling!! =D

Dancing bananas because I'm almost reaching that point to where everything is funny =D
    Dave
    Para Ord Hawg 9
    Kahr CW9
    S&W 22A

late night forum junkies like you and I
    Oh dang, look at the time! And it's even later in NC where you are. What'd you do, buy a large coffee at the drive-through on your way home after work?

I've gotta get in bed. I work 12 straight starting tomorrow. Saving for an AK. My thanks to the Brady Bunch for helping me realize the urgency of this next purchase.

Buy early... buy more... buy often.

Haha, I work swings, so I normally go to sleep between 4-6am. But since it's the weekend I am morally obliged to burn the midnight oil, so to speak. Have a good night Grady, and good luck saving for the AK! I need to get a new rifle thinking of the fact.....

Haha, nite all! =D

^^Bananas are funny at 5am^^
    Dave
    Para Ord Hawg 9
    Kahr CW9
    S&W 22A

Senior Member Array bluelineman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by grady View Post
    Now, if I can only get that machine gun, spare mags, a shotgun, another .45, and more spare mags before the election.
    Don't forget a sound suppressor & threaded barrel.

Quote Originally Posted by bluelineman View Post
    Don't forget a sound suppressor & threaded barrel.
    You're right! Those are on my list, too.

Grady I got a galco skyops holster for my .45 and it is one you might look at but test fit it to make sure its what you want. Im a poor college student so I got the skyops to hold me over till I can afford a better one. Man got to love the expense of college.

Quote Originally Posted by XD 45 View Post
    Grady I got a galco skyops holster for my .45 and it is one you might look at but test fit it to make sure its what you want. Im a poor college student so I got the skyops to hold me over till I can afford a better one. Man got to love the expense of college.
    I looked the skyops up and have a couple questions that the website picture wouldn't answer.

1) Are the sides of the barrel covered completely? (Mine is 4" barrel.)
    2) I'm assuming it's a tuckable?
    3) How much coverage does the sweat shield offer, in case I wear it against my bare skin?
    4) How well does the belt gizmo hold the holster in place?

I know how extra funds at college can be scarce. And I went decades ago--I'm pretty sure prices have skyrocketted since then.

I see your avatar is Air Force. Were you/are you/will you be in the Air Force?

Yes it covers both sides of the barrel
    Yes it is tuckable the y clip was a area that the pants falls into and then the shirt goes between holster and y clip
    Have not tested sweat sheild as of yet so Unknown
    the Clip holds it pretty good but not the best
    The AF is the family business and so I am in ROTC either going intel or Security forces have not been told as of yet.
    check out the link for pics of mine
    http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...3-sky-ops.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links