Nighthawk T3 range report.

This is a discussion on Nighthawk T3 range report. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I posted pics in the following thread so I won't tie up extra bandwidth posting them here too: http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...-end-guns.html (see post #33). - I posted ...

Thread: Nighthawk T3 range report.

I posted pics in the following thread so I won't tie up extra bandwidth posting them here too: http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...-end-guns.html (see post #33). - I posted this range report over on THR as well.

I was finally able to get my new Nighthawk T3 to the range yesterday. I was a little pressed for time as I had plans for a late lunch with my folks, so I didn't get to put quite as many rounds through it as I otherwise would've. I also had to adjust the sights on my G19 and run the initial rounds through my Walther/S&W PPK to see how it would perform. Here's the days results:

All shots were fired strong hand, standing at 5 yards shooting for function, feeding and combat accuracy only:

.230gr WWB fmj: 24 rounds, no FTF/FTE, approx. 3" group for all rounds, impacting about 2" left and 1/2" low ... gotta be me pulling the shots.

.230gr Black Hills remanufactured fmj: 50 rounds, no FTF/FTE, group was roughly 4" total, centered just left of bullseye.

.230 Wolf fmj (poly coated steel case): 28 rounds, 2 FTF. Both were the last rounds in my 15 year old CMC mags - I already knew I needed new mags springs in them. Otherwise, feed and ejection was perfect with two Wilson 47Ds and the two supplied NHC mags. Grouping was on par with the WWB but a bit more centered on target.

.230gr Speer Gold Dot HP: 14 rounds, no FTF/FTE but the worst accuracy of all, about 3" left of bullseye. I was eventually able to walk them in but this isn't an SD round I'll be carrying in this gun.

Next range trip I plan to try Remington Golden Sabers, Cor-Bon DPX & maybe their SD hp load (the brown box stuff).

I also bought a yearly pass today so I'll be shooting more often now.

Also got my G19 sights adjusted and they're dead on with 115gr. DPX.
    The Walther PPK is another story ... well, at least it LOOKS pretty!
    Jack

What an outstanding handgun! I know you'll have many more great days at the range. Thanks for the report.
    Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

Unfortunately, I need a LOT more practice with this one to get the accuracy it's capable of. I had one of the RSOs squeeze off a few rounds and he drilled the "X" each time. Not sure if I was just in a hurry, I'm just too use to my Glock (I shot it great with WWB and DPX) or what but it really is more accurate than my shooting shows.
    Jack

I still am not capable of shooting as accurately as this gun can be. I have put around 1,000 rounds through my T3 with no failures so I'm sure that you'll have the same results.

VIP Member
    Congrats, Jack. I'm sure that with practice you'll get the hang of hitting the X.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Sponsored Links