hefty guys how do you prefer to CC - Page 2

hefty guys how do you prefer to CC

This is a discussion on hefty guys how do you prefer to CC within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; 5'8", 250lbs, XD-45 SOB in a UBG Chanute....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: hefty guys how do you prefer to CC

5'8", 250lbs, XD-45 SOB in a UBG Chanute.
    Semper Fi!

Engineers Up!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyB View Post
    44" waist....aint that cute......try 54......pocket carry a 642/CA bulldog/Taurus pt111....I have carried OWB..I also wear Perry's suspenders to hold up my huge freaking pants.

I'm 5'8 and wish I was 210 (Hell, I wish I was 250) . I find pocket carry the most comfortable. I too wear suspenders, so IWB is out for me (not old enough to wear belt and suspenders at the same time). I wear Carhart, Walls, or Dickie jeans most of the time and I can pocket a Kahr PM9 in a Desantis Holster w/ no problem. The micro 380s like the Ruger LCP, the Keltec P3AT and the yet to be released Kahr p380 should disappear with ease. I like the pocket carry for ease of concealment, ease of disarming, and comfort. And I can use a public urinal without freaking people out.
    I guess the question is how 'hefty' are you? I used to manage a Tux shop and saw it all. Many men wear their pants low (just over the hipbones). This sucks up the gut, and rolls it over the waistband creating the 'dunlap' effect. If this describes you, pocket, ankle, and SOB are the only ways you will carry comfortably. Wearing the correct size pants , and suspenders (plus/minus a belt) will allow you to try other forms of carry that might be more to your liking.
    "The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us." Patrick Henry 1775

Vegetarian: Indian for inept hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyB View Post
    44" waist....aint that cute......try 54......pocket carry a 642/CA bulldog/Taurus pt111....I have carried OWB..I also wear Perry's suspenders to hold up my huge freaking pants.

yeah im right up there around 340 with a 533 inch waist. :P

but ive got a high point( i know it not a gun that lends itself to CC very well but it is my first hand gun) ive already recieved my GFL it allows open and concealed (I think im gonna stimulate the economy with the purchase of another hand gun) ive been using an uncle mikes holster and wearing a shirt that covers it for the most part.

by the way my name is Stephen, i go by rmodel65 on any forum im on came from the fact im building an "R" model shelby clone with some modern updates like 4 wheel disc 17inch tires etc. look foward to posting here. any magazines any one recommends i might want to order to gain some knowledge on the art of CC?

heres is a pic of me a few years ago at school and no thats no mustard on me shirt for anyone wondering :P just a stain from some yellow titnted clear coat i had been playing with ;)

Distinguished Member Array morintp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by StevePVB View Post
    Sorry...the rest of us on this thread call BS on your claim to "heftyness"
    Ok, can I at least say that I'm a bit hefty? I really do have this gut here. I'd love to give it away if I could. But I think it's here to stay.

As a guy that is quite a bit more than hefty, I use the same rigs the smaller fellas wear. However, I think for us BIG guys, a really good belt is more important. The less than ideal belts that others might be able to get away with will do nothing but frustrate you. Do your self a favor and buy one of the best belts you can find: beltman, UBG and the like.
    Last edited by BigEFan; May 12th, 2008 at 01:59 PM.
    Lex et Libertas Semper Vigilo, Fortis, Paratus, et Fidelis!

"Not only do the people who put their lives on the line to protect the rest of us deserve better, we all deserve better than to have our own security undermined by those who undermine law enforcement." -Thomas Sowell

Wherever there's fried chicken or barbecue
    Milt Sparks VM II. I carry IWB with minimal discomfort. 5'8" 300lbs. Guns include full size Walther P99, Glock 30, and Kimber TLE II.
    Pitmaster

HELGA: Where are you going?
    HAGAR: To sign a peace treaty with the King of England.
    HELGA: Then why take all those weapons?
    HAGAR: First we gotta negotiate...

300 lbs. PM9 in Nemesis pocket holster.

+1 on the VM2.
    I, like Pitmaster am a big guy at 6'7' & 300lbs plus a little more. I also carry a Springfield XD45 Service in a Brommeland Max Con V. Please excuse the dirty clothes, I had been outside working on my tractor.

The only thing needed for evil to exist is for good men to stand by and do nothing!!!

6'3" 270ish, For most carry, I would use a Milt Sparks VMII. But, it got a little uncomfortable after sitting for 8 hours at a desk. About a month and a half ago, I was looking for a holster with enough forward cant that it could be easily covered with a Polo shirt. I found a Galco small of the back holster and tried putting it in various positions and found by putting it in the 2:30 position I could get the grip of the firearm between my stomach and hip bone, it was perfect! Because of the holster design everything is tight to the body and is very concealable and comfortable.

Well someones got to say it Tex, at 6'7" and 300 lbs+ do you even need to carry a gun?

Distinguished Member Array Chooie's Avatar
    5'10" and 270, I carry an XD40 service IWB in an UBG Canute. I also carry a KelTec P3AT in a Ron Graham K-RAT in my front pants pocket.

Hello guys..I'm new here..but I'm 6'4" 325lbs and I carry a OWB Blackhawk Serpa for my G23C. Its not the most comfortable at times it hinders me sitting in certain chairs. I tried the Supertuck Hybrid Holster, I could not get that to feel comfortable for anything. I have a bit of a GUTT...so 4 o'clock or 4:30 is the best position for me. I'm thinking about trying another IWB tucker like a Dakota Defender or something like that. I'm really interested here so if anyone else has any other options, I'm open for suggestions as well. The one I wear now hides under a T-shirt fairly easy. I have a small problem concealing the print when I sit down or bend over. I'd like to find a SOB, or IWB that was comfortable and not so hard on my rolls...lol. HELP!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links