hefty guys how do you prefer to CC

This is a discussion on hefty guys how do you prefer to CC within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; how do you guys prefer to CC, what setup what gun etc?...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hefty guys how do you prefer to CC

how do you guys prefer to CC, what setup what gun etc?

XD40sc with Crossbreed Supertuck. But, I don't see any reason to change "after" I lose weight.

Hello and Welcome to the Forum. I use a Mika Pocket holster and a S&W 638
    in cargo shorts.
    quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

I am 6'3" and 280 lbs and I have a Glock 36 and use an IWB holster, a Dakota Defender by K&D. Nothing is perfect, but it is comfortable to me and with a baggy T-shirt my wife doesn't know when I'm carrying. And also, I use a 1.5" Wilderness Tactical belt with the insert for support. Works much better than a standard belt. But remember us hefty guys still vary in shape so this might not work for you.

I'm a big guy(size 44 waist) and I am able to conceal a g23 IWB(K&D dakota defender)without any problems. At first I stuggled with sag and having to pull my pants up alot. I took the advise of some of the guys here and got a good gun belt. Now I have a very comfortable and stable rig.
    I sometimes carry my XD9 service model IWB in the winter with a coat as a cover garment.

In the summer, I carry a CZ P01 in a Galco matrix OTB holster. I wear an oversized shirt, and while it's clear that "something's there" on a windy day, I really don't care, because I have the license. Few folks ever notice, even in the winter, when bulkier clothes permit me to carry my Beretta 92 FS.

Gained weight...lost weight...gained weight...lost weight...gained weight...lost weight...climbing the hill again...

Same IWB holster (Fist #1A), same gun (Ultra)...I just change belts...not a problem.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array Tally XD's Avatar
    I guess I am what you would consider "hefty"..I am 5' 8" and weigh about 210. I got the beer belly syndrome.

I carry my XD 45 Service model in the CompTac Minotaur Hybrid on my right side between 4:00 and 5:00 o'clock carry position. I found that to be the most comfortable spot that allows me to be comfortable and not have to shift it around getting in and out of my Jeep. I also recommend a good belt. I use the Beltman bull hide 1.5" without the kydex strip and it works very well.

I tried the 4:00oclock and 3:00 o;clock postions but it continually irritated my side while sitting.

The 4:30 position is very comfortable, tucks very well to my body and stillallows me to reach for the draw relatively easily.
    I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry.
    - Barack Obama Chicago Tribune, April 27, 2004

Distinguished Member Array morintp's Avatar
    I consider myself hefty. I'm 5'11" and 185 and have a belly. I also have bony hips (and my wife says I have no butt). I'm with Tally, 4:00 is about perfect for me. My gut doesn't interfere and it's off the bone of my hip. It's still an easy draw, especially if you get a little extra cant on your holster.

I'm 6' and 250 lbs 44" waist, I use a colt defender 3" with a galco paddle holster, a dom hume iwb, a smartcarry and a pager pal holster.When it's cool to cold I use the galco, hands down the best and most comfy of the bunch, unfortunately here in north texas its just too hot most of the year to use and not print, so I use the pager pal and a BUG ( becouse i dont have a clip holder) or the smartcarry ( it can hold an extra clip) and all are very comfy.
    EDC's Colt Defender 45 acp and S&W 442 .38
    Springfield XD 45 acp
    Ruger SR9
    Ruger Super RedHawk .44 mag
    mossberg 590 12 gauge tactical
    bushmaster AR15-M4

44" waist....aint that cute......try 54......pocket carry a 642/CA bulldog/Taurus pt111....I have carried OWB..I also wear Perry's suspenders to hold up my huge freaking pants.
    "Just because I'm paranoid,doesn't mean they're NOT after me...."

Quote Originally Posted by morintp View Post
    I consider myself hefty. I'm 5'11" and 185 and have a belly. I also have bony hips (and my wife says I have no butt). I'm with Tally, 4:00 is about perfect for me. My gut doesn't interfere and it's off the bone of my hip. It's still an easy draw, especially if you get a little extra cant on your holster.
    Sorry...the rest of us on this thread call BS on your claim to "heftyness"

44" waist...how adorable...try 54.....I pocket carry a smith and wesson 642/Bulldog or Taurus pt111.....I also wear suspenders to hold everything up.I'd post pictures,but this site can't handle the size picture I'd need....
    "Just because I'm paranoid,doesn't mean they're NOT after me...."

Distinguished Member Array Wasabi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by StevePVB View Post
    Sorry...the rest of us on this thread call BS on your claim to "heftyness"
    Yeah, at 5'9" 210 I was wondering about that.

To the OP, pocket or IWB works for me. For IWB, I agree around 4ish o'clock works best for a beer gut.

too hefty

I'm 5'11' and 275. I carry a S&W 642 in a round bottom Mika. I'm trying to become comfortable carrying a Commander length 1911 in a Sparks Axiom or VMll.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links