New P3AT

This is a discussion on New P3AT within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; What kind of grease would you guys recomend? All I have on hand as far as lubrication goes is Militec-1....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New P3AT

What kind of grease would you guys recomend? All I have on hand as far as lubrication goes is Militec-1.
    “They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security” Benjamin Franklin
    I'm not pro gun, I'm pro rights. What are you?

NRA
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

2. Remove Ads

After 9 years with the .32 KT (still have it), I recently purchased the .380KT. I had read all types of things (good & bad) about it but I decided to give it a try. I have a total of 6 mags for it. Before I took it to the range, I cleaned it and libed it with some quality gun gease I use on my comp guns. I then shot 144 rounds of ball as fast as I could load and fire all mags. No failures. Cleaned and lubed it again - next trip I shot 144 rounds of mixed HP's and ball - No failures. Cleaned and lubed it again - back to the range - another 144 rounds of mixed ammo - no failures. Then shot 6 mags of my carry ammo - no failures even with a dirty gun. I think I am going to like this just as much or better than the .32.... Time will tell.
    "Being PARANOID is just plain smart thinking when they are really out to get you!"

While I have not shot mine as much as some, I love it for easy to carry.

Quote Originally Posted by wht06rado View Post
    What kind of grease would you guys recomend? All I have on hand as far as lubrication goes is Militec-1.
    Militec 1 is great stuff, it's all I use. Clean your pistol well, coat all slide surfaces inside and out (barrel included) and put the slide and barrel in a preheated 200 degree oven for 10 minutes. Remove all the 'cooked' militec, apply 1 drop to each slide rail a tiny bit of grease on the breech interface and reassemble. Then shoot it like you stole it. You should lube it a little heavier the first few boxes
    Get the U.N. out of the U.S.
    Get the U.S. out of the U.N.

Quote Originally Posted by wht06rado View Post
    I've heard that militec is good stuff, but I'm still using CLP Breakfree. I have been greasing that flat part that the hammer rides on (the slide/hammer interface), but not the last time I cleaned. I think the clp with it's teflon should be good enough, but I haven't been to the range to test that yet.
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this mini documentary!
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

I just got back from the range. I only experienced one FTE and that was in the first magazine. No problems after that. I fired a total of 108 95grn FMJ WWB rounds and 20 102grn Remington Golden Saber HP rounds. The one failure to eject being the third shot of WWB. Accuracy was good. I shot it better than I shoot my S&W 642. I was able to make a pretty good ragged hole at 5 yards just pointing and pulling, not doing a whole lot of aiming and about a 2 3/4" 5 shot group at 7 yards and I don't claim to be a very good shot. Haha. I did manage to tear my hand up pretty good, which is why I had to stop before I could get all 200 rounds I brought with me down range. I have a nice hole worn in my trigger finger and the webbing of my strong hand is pretty torn up. Overall impressions of this gun are good and I am very happy with how it shot today. It's looking like I've got another good one to add to the arsenal. Only time will tell.

Here's the 5 yard target:

And the target from 7 yards:

Best of all I got to shoot for free today!!!

Wht
    “They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security” Benjamin Franklin

NRA
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Very nice shooting. It's amazing how accurate this tiny pistols are, isn't it? Glad to hear your happy with it.
    Get the U.N. out of the U.S.
    Get the U.S. out of the U.N.

Nice looking holster! Can you tell me where I can get one like it?
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by obxned View Post
    Nice looking holster! Can you tell me where I can get one like it?
    The holster is just a Desantis Nemesis. Just search the net for them. I know Midway USA has them, Cheaper Than Dirt probably does too.

Quote Originally Posted by rhinokrk View Post
    It's amazing how accurate this tiny pistols are, isn't it?
    Yes it is! I was pleasantly surprised!

Wht

NRA
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

If you coulda shot 200 rounds in that thing, I woulda been impressed! Guess I'm not man enough to stand up to that much self abuse! I may carry bigger guns in the future, but don't see my P3AT going anywhere! Been berry berry good to me!

great gun.. get the belt clip, it has been the best thing that i have done to my p3at. with the belt clip and a uncle mikes pocket holster, small auto size 0,, the p3at is a great carry gun.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

New Member Array COPSNROBBERS238's Avatar
    I carry mine on a daily basis. its the backup to my other backup gun. Once i got it broke in I'am very happy with it....

The belt clip recommended above is fine and does not impede shooting in any way, but... I find that when used as designed as a iwb or front or rear pocket clip the pistol (in my case the p-32) is difficult to draw. Maybe the mag extension would help. I would never install the clip to use owb; the pistol could easily slip out while you are seated. The Nemesis is great for front or rear pocket and makes drawing a breeze once it has a few days to form itself to the pistol.. The little Fobus paddle is perfect for owb.
    Last edited by wlynn; May 16th, 2008 at 11:28 AM. Reason: clarification
    Too much of a good thing is not enough... member of WVCDL and NRA

Quote Originally Posted by wlynn View Post
    The belt clip recommended above is fine and does not impede shooting in any way, but... I find that when used as designed as a iwb or front or rear pocket clip the pistol (in my case the p-32) is difficult to draw. Maybe the mag extension would help. I would never install the clip to use owb; the pistol could easily slip out while you are seated. The Nemesis is great for front or rear pocket and makes drawing a breeze once it has a few days to form itself to the pistol.. The little Fobus paddle is perfect for owb.

I don't plan on buying the clip. Pocket carry works just fine for me. I also have a Comp Tac 2 O'Clock for it if I wish.

Wht

NRA
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I love mine and it has never failed me.I also have the same holster as you and I carry it every day as my bug.
    Have Fun and Shoot Straight !!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links