New P3AT

This is a discussion on New P3AT within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just picked up my new P3AT today. Going to take it out to the range tomorrow to see how it runs. Hopefully I wont ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New P3AT

New P3AT

I just picked up my new P3AT today. Going to take it out to the range tomorrow to see how it runs. Hopefully I wont have any problems. Just thought I would share my new gun purchase!

Wht

“They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security” Benjamin Franklin
    I'm not pro gun, I'm pro rights. What are you?

NRA
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    Great firearm! I had one for a while

Clean it, and lube heavier than you normally would it helps during the break in. Enjoy. You just bought the best pistol in it's class.
    Get the U.N. out of the U.S.
    Get the U.S. out of the U.N.

The P 3 AT is a great gun, it is my anythere/anytime gun, since it so easily slips in a pocket in it's K Rat holster. No IWB or OWB holster, no belt required.

Enjoy. Don't be too discouraged if you have a few hiccups the first time out. Mine worried me at first, but not one malfunction for the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th, subsequent range trip.
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this mini documentary!
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

Distinguished Member
    KT's P-3at is a functional gun, nothing fancy, but mine has been 100% The only thing I don't like about it is that it makes carrying my other guns more of a chore. Kinda spoils a person on it's ease of carry.

Z
    An ounce of lead is worth 200lbs of cop.

Great little pistol. I've had a Generation 1 for years with no failures after the first couple of magazines and the only thing I have ever done is polish the feed ramp. It's with me all the time. Not one I would ever consider getting rid of.

Congrats on your new pistola...I have had one for years...always goes boom...so easy to conceal!

Going to the range to 'run' it?

Best regards to your finger......not a 'fun' range gun!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Get yourself some sandpaper and look up the "Fluff and Buff" on the web. The Kel Tec Owners Group website (KTOG.Org - Kel-Tec Owners Group, I believe) has a link to it. Do it, whether you think it needs it or not, and you'll be pleasantly surprised at how much of the break in period it eliminates. It is very nice to carry, very light vs a full sized sidearm, but you need that weekly clean/lube for sure-amazing how much of a lint magnet it is!

Good choice for a .380, I've owned mine for about a year and carry it everyday to work in a SmartCarry rig as I need deep concealment, and wouldn't trade it for anything else. A few things you might want to do is buff the ramp (which has already been mentioned), touch up the rails very lightly, buy some grip extenders for your mags, get a slip on grip cover KTADDONS.com to lessen the recoil shock on the short grip, and lightly file down the front of the trigger to take out the sharp ridge to ease the sharpness when you pull the trigger a few times. If you want to get extra fancy, you can get some testors model airplane paint and paint the front and rear sights, did my rear sight in green and the front in red, then cover the paint with your wife's clear fingernail polish, in a years carrying everyday the paint is still looking like new...it took about 200 rds to totally break mine in, but no hiccups since then.
    The first time you aren't armed and prepared may be the last time you wished you were.

Distinguished Member Array Gideon's Avatar
    I've had two, the 2nd one has been a dream; won't even talk about the first one! Mine is accurate and not too bad to shoot. I agree with the post that said not to be discouraged if you get a few FTE or FTF's, that's common. They're small gun's with a steep ramp so it's not uncommon. The fluff and buff can be fun but if you decided to us sandpaper on your ramp or the champer use super fine like 600 grit and ONLY sand in the direction the bullet moves, i.e. in and out. I've got the Ruger LCP now too but honestly if you have a P3AT that is reliable you have everything the LCP has to offer and with the P3AT you can get the mag extension from KelTec and increase capacity by one!

Administrator
    Use a firm grip to maximize slide energy since it is such a little thing.
    Use a good low friction gun grease on the rails.
    That seems to work better than lighter oil.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

I wouldn't do the "fluff n buff" unless it is absolultey necessary, you know what they say,
    "If It Ain't Broke, Don't Fix It"

Use a light coat of oil on everything except on the rails, where I also recommend using a light (very light) coating of grease.
    When Guns Are Outlawed, Only Outlaws will have guns

Just remember, When seconds count help is mere minutes away

Also remember, When you go to trial by jury you are putting yourself into the hands of 12 people who weren't smart enough to get out of jury duty.

Don't do the fluff and buff unless needed.

Mine works great, every time, normal cleaning. However, mine is particular to FMJ ammo, and prefers WWB. You need to try a couple brands to find the one your gun prefers.

Also, don't limp wrist, or you'll stovepipe.

I had one that I did not do the "fluff and buff" to and never had any problems. Congrats on your purchase of a P3AT, you will find that it is a dream to carry in the pocket. Mine was a second generation pistol and fed Corbon DPX just fine.
    God bless our troops!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links