Defensive Carry banner

M&P mags and backstrap

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  miklcolt45 
#1 ·
I was wondering if the M&P mags are interchangeable such as the Glock. I'm looking at the 9mm sub and didn't know if the full size 9mm mag would work. Question 2) If the backstrap is out, is the gun disabled? I know some weapons are like this and I really don't want that in my weapon. :comeandgetsome:

#8 ·
Thanks on that link. Just shot my 9c with full-size mags last night at an IDPA-sort of match. Would have been nice.

They will be on order.

#3 ·
1) Yes - the fullsize 9mm mag will fit and function perfectly in the compact gun.
2) No - removing the backstrap doesn't do anything to the functionality of the firearm. Just makes it a little more difficult to hang on to. :smile:

The above comments stem from my personal experience with M&Ps, as an owner of 5 of them.

- Lee -

#4 ·
Question 1 has already been answered, but as to question number 2, I don't think the back strap being removed from the gun disables the firearm. Yes, there are some guns like this (the Walther PPS comes to mind) but I have heard nothing about the M&P having such a feature and I'm sure I would have read about it or heard about it from the Smith reps.

That's something I'll have to test when at the range, but I'm thinking it would be uncomfortable to fire the gun without the back strap.

#5 ·
Thanks for the info everyone. I know the PPS is that way, and the though of that disabling my firearm was not a great idea IMHO. I didn't want that in a weapon. The MP is looking like it's going to be the one I purchase.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.