LCP Range Report

This is a discussion on LCP Range Report within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I picked up my LCP on Friday and shot a large amount of ammo over two sessions on Saturday. My efforts were focused on three ...

Thread: LCP Range Report

LCP Range Report

I picked up my LCP on Friday and shot a large amount of ammo over two sessions on Saturday. My efforts were focused on three areas:

Getting comfortable with the gun

Establishing reliability for a carry piece

Understanding where it shot when offhand point shooting

Ammunition Types:

UMC 95 grain FMJ multiple boxes
    Aguila 95 grain FMJ multiple boxes
    MagTech 95 grain FMJ
    Win Supreme 95 grain JHP
    Rem Golden Saber 102 grain JHP
    Hornady Custom 90 grain JHP

Started with the inexpensive stuff and moved up wanting to break in myself and my gun. On the second mag the last round was a FTF. On the fourth mag the fifth round was an FTF. After that I never had a problem again. It operated flawlessly even after getting quite hot from so many rounds in a short period.

Recoil was not too bad but definitely more than our Titanium Smith or our Tomcat. With the narrow width I was a bit sore the next day.

In point shooting I consistently shot a little high and left. With the revolver I am straight right a little bit. Important info in a SHTF situation. Groups were good. Very nice, small and deadly (4") at close range and as I indicated in another post even at 30+ yds still had a 12" group offhand. Not bad for a pocket rocket.

All in all I am pleased and have been carrying the LCP everyday since. I really like the fit and finish of the piece. A lot nicer in my opinion than the Keltecs and on par with the Kahr.

In a future trip I want to do my own analysis of expansion/penetration. Will post once I complete. Till then based on other info on the forum carrying loaded with the Golden Saber rounds.

Hope this is useful to someone.

Sidenote: My son had the Desert Eagle out and we blew through a couple hundred rounds with it(reloads, we are not made of money). Caught myself flinching once or twice going back and forth between guns. DE is good for deer hunting and play time. Messes with your head if you shoot it too much...
    Facts are negotiable, perceptions are not.

2. Remove Ads

Good test since you made the effort to grab all the different ammo. I have the P3AT and it certainly isn't the last word in fit and finish. Didn't run as reliably as the results you show for your Ruger LCP either. Probably won't exchange it for a Ruger at this point as it has become dependable and I don't need to expend a lot of cash on .380 runts. I'm thinking my brother-in-law will be coming up with a LCP soon and I'll take his for a test drive.

Had mine for a couple of months now and so far I have enjoyed the LCP. Certainly better the the Kel Tecs I have seen. Took getting the aim down awhile but have it down now. Not much for a sight on it, my first 3 magazines were all shooting high, had to aim a little lower then I thought you would on it, but overall I am still impressed with the little gun for only $289. Not ever going to replace my 45 ACP, but the perfect conceal gun especially when its hot out now and all your wearing is shorts and a t-shirt.

Links