CZ Rami question to owners

This is a discussion on CZ Rami question to owners within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I found a Rami .40s&w at a local shop at a good price. I already have a Glock 23 and a 27, so I need ...

Thread: CZ Rami question to owners

CZ Rami question to owners

I found a Rami .40s&w at a local shop at a good price. I already have a Glock 23 and a 27, so I need it like I need another gun...

I like the CZ pistols and think they're underrated. Can anybody tell me about recoil, handling, and enjoyment to shoot? Or would rate it as a carry often shoot seldom piece of hardware. If so I would look to the larger frame guns.

I like the feel of the Rami and it would conceal well...

Let me know!
    G-23, 27, 35 (all .40)
    G-29 10mm
    H&K 45c
    Les Baer Thunder Ranch 5"

2. Remove Ads

recoil is ok i have 400 rounds in mine no problems, i like my glocks better. the CZ is just different, ok to shoot with the pinkie extension. good shooter for the short barrel. good carry gun

I can't speak for the .40cal, but my EDC is a 9mm alloy RAMI. It is a top notch pistol. It is accurate and the fit and finish are amazing for a pistol in that price range. The recoil in the 9mm is soft and it conceals very well.
    Before I bought it, I pit it against a Glock 26, XDsc, and a M&Psc at my local range, needless to say I went home with a new RAMI. I like that it comes with standard low light sights and the rubber grips seem to make it easier to grab out of a holster, also the beavertail is a nice feature.
    My only complaint is the lack of a decocker. I have 500+ rounds through it withoutd a hiccup. CZ's are awesome pistols, and the RAMI seems to be a hidden gem in the subcompact category.

Distinguished Member Array clarkston_cz's Avatar
    The new decocker models should have a WIDE appeal to many folks.
    Those that have overlooked the wonderful RAMI before, will be taking a second look.

As for any 40 caliber RAMI. You are in all honesty, taking a chance when you buy one. Much more of a chance than a 9mm. That just seems to be the track record of Some of the Mini Zs in shorty forty.

Otherwise, it will have more recoil than a 9mm version, but still offer a person a wonderful little package of CZ goodness.

I don't like shooting Baby Glocks at all. Love shooting my edc RAMI 9.

So much, that I hope to be shooting it in 90 degree weather this weekend!
    www.czforum.com

Go RED SOX!

VIP Member
    I have a RAMI 40 that has operated flawlessly, as has mywifes RAMI 9mm. That being said there have been complaints about the 40 having problems with FTE. Without having seen any of the guns with "problems" and getting to fire them I have a feeling a lot of the problem may be do to limp wristing them. As for recoil, I find it reasonable for a sub compact in that caliber. If your serious about buying it, I would see if they will sell it with a reliability agreement. No one want to buy a potential paper weight!

I don't want to hi-jack the thread but I can't get an e-mail through. Archer51 who makes the grips that are on the CZ's in your avatar?

VIP Member
    Here is the web site for them. I have ordered grips for all my CZ's from them. High quality and price is good too.

Marschalgrips.com

My RAMI .40 kicks like a mule. I can shoot it, many others that have fired it get all kinds of jamming problems. Decent grip strength goes a long way in being able to shoot it.

I wouldn't mess with a pinky extension.

Spend some time with it and you'll be able to fire it reliably single offhand. Before I learned to hold it properly it would jam quite often.

I do enjoy my CZ RAMI .40. I had some Marschal grips put on it - added significant thickness.

EAJ
    CZ 2075 RAMI 9MM Pistol with Pearce grip extension (PG-XD) modification & custom Omega 1/2 Stippled Leopard Wood grips. Outstanding. :)
    Attached Images

Links