Glock 19: Perfect - Page 2

Glock 19: Perfect

This is a discussion on Glock 19: Perfect within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have several Glocks in 40 S&W, so I'm kinda' comitted to the caliber. If I had to do it over, I would opt for ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I have several Glocks in 40 S&W, so I'm kinda' comitted to the caliber. If I had to do it over, I would opt for the 9mm.

Glock is hard to beat, but I definitely like my wife's M&P9C too!

I've been back and forth on the Glock 19 issue. I think I'm just going to have to suck it up, and buy one even though I'm pretty sure I don't like them.
    Mindset - Tactics - Skills - Equipment
    http://www.ingunowners.com
    W9ZEB dot Org

Love mine, it's like a good, reliable truck that you don't really notice or appreciate until it's gone.

Sounds like a great gun! Is the more pricey compensated model worth the extra cash?

As much as I did not want to like glocks and moreso 9mm, I cannot dislike them. They are combat accurate, hard to shoot bad, reliable, good quantity of ammo (15+1 for the model 19), easy to get parts and accessories for, and hardly any maintenance.

I have 3 glock model 19's. If I could own only 1 hangun, it would be the glock 19.

If you want a firearm for self-defense, the glock 19 is hard to beat. If you want a bbq gun or some other type of bling gun, get whatever speaks to you.

But for me and mine, Glock 19 is the ticket for CCW.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallone View Post
    Sounds like a great gun! Is the more pricey compensated model worth the extra cash?
    Keep in mind that with the compensated model, there's a chance you'll catch some powder burn if you have to fire close to your body before you're fully extended in your draw.

HKR
    [QUOTE They are combat accurate, hard to shoot bad, reliable, good quantity of ammo (15+1 for the model 19), easy to get parts and accessories for, and hardly any maintenance.

IMO there's nothing more to be said than the above.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallone View Post
    Not for a fighting gun. Compensated guns with wreak havok with your night-vision and you definately don't want to be shooting from retention with one (ouch!).
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

Yeah, I went into the process of choosing my carry gun with a strong bias against Glocks. Somehow I picked up an anti-Glock bias while I was in the military. However, after comparing about 20 different guns on length, height, thickness, weight, reliability, trigger type, lack of thumb safety, capacity, price, and servicability, I came to the conclusion that the G19 may very well be the ultimate carry pistol. While perhaps not particularly outstanding in any of the above categories besides reliability (there are cheaper pistols, and there are thinner pistols), it does strike a balance between all of them that is hard to beat. I love mine.

Mel
    The Ethics of Liberty
    LewRockwell.com
    The Survival Podcast
    How long have we watered the Tree of Deceit with the blood of patriots?

Distinguished Member Array Paymeister's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HKP30 View Post
    I've been back and forth on the Glock 19 issue. I think I'm just going to have to suck it up, and buy one even though I'm pretty sure I don't like them.
    Yes, you should suck it up and buy one.

No, you won't like it.

[using the Force]

Then you will want to send it to me.

Senior Member Array kahrcarrier's Avatar
    Ignore the "screw up your night vision" posts that always pop up when discussing "C" models.

I have shot my G23C many times at night. It does nothing to your sight any non-ported model wouldn't do.

Carry one if you want....................

Quote Originally Posted by kahrcarrier View Post
    Ignore the "screw up your night vision" posts that always pop up when discussing "C" models.

I have shot my G23C many times at night. It does nothing to your sight any non-ported model wouldn't do.

Carry one if you want....................
    What about close quarters? Shooting from retention in a WalMart parking lot...with the BG 3-5 feet away, may just change your belief in a compensated weapon for SD...OMO
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    What about close quarters? Shooting from retention in a WalMart parking lot...with the BG 3-5 feet away, may just change your belief in a compensated weapon for SD...OMO
    That is the reason I wont carry a "C" model, plus they really dont make much difference.
    "Just blame Sixto"

GLOCK'S SUCK !!!!!!!!!

They shoot wether clean or dirty, upright, upside down, sideway's. They are a proven platform by many military and leo departments, they are relatively cheap, easy to buy parts for, easy to strip and clean, and one of the fastest guns to bring into action.

Boring hunks of plastic and metal.

The 19 is becoming very popular with CCW permit holders and rightfully so, draw, point, shoot, they go bang all the time.
    Have fun with it.

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar
    That is the reason Glocks are so popular!

Whenever I go to the firing range to practice with my 19, I often find other people looking at me in disgust while I proceed to shoot my gun. They bust out their high end 800+ dollar pistols, only to spend more time clearing malfunctions than actually shoot their guns. By the time they've cleared the first few malfunctions, I have a bench full of empty ammo boxes, spent brass laying all around me, and my targets have more holes than swiss cheese. I think to myself "Why would I want to spend that kind of money on a gun, that fires the same cartridge, and has no more stopping power than my G19 (Kimber and H&K 9mms for example)?" I know Glocks aren't for everyone, and not everyone likes polymer pistols, but for everyday utility use and carry, they're pretty hard to beat, and will take a beating IMHO.
    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links