Bersa UC .45

Bersa UC .45

This is a discussion on Bersa UC .45 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Does anyone have any comments on the Bersa UC .45, I saw one the other day at a gun shop, fits my grip, trigger pull ...

Thread: Bersa UC .45

Question Bersa UC .45

Does anyone have any comments on the Bersa UC .45, I saw one the other day at a gun shop, fits my grip, trigger pull wasn't too bad, right size for CC, and has the ambidextrous safety for us southpaws, and was only $300NIB w/2 mags, or is it one of those "you get what you pay for"?
    The first time you aren't armed and prepared may be the last time you wished you were.

i don't have any personal experience with them, but they get very good reviews from what i've seen and read.

I LUUV mine! Shoots great, seems put together well, sturdy. Although it seems a bit big/thick to me for CCW. With such a thick grip, I would have liked to see much higher mag capacity. It's a double stack mag with grip length on par with my single stack 3" 1911, yet both only carry 7-rds. The other thing I don't like is the combined safety/decocker. The double action trigger reach is long and pretty stiff. In single action mode, this thing rocks. Would rather carry cocked/locked in SA mode like a 1911, or at least have the option cocked with safety or decocked. I use mine as a cheap durable car gun. Shoots everything I feed it.

The price seems a bit low actually. Do you trust this shop? Most prices I've seen lately are in the $330-350 range, one mag I think? Mags are expensive too, $50.

had one and liked it alot. im also a lefty and it is very user kind. the front sight post came loose it would not fall out but was very loose i sold it and got a SA micro compact. only real down side- mags are pricey and left hand holsters hard to fined.

If it is in good shape, grab it! That is a great price for a great gun (I'm wearing one right now). I am left-handed too. It is true that not a lot of holster makers list for left-handed Bersa .45, but a little testing has shown me that the following will work:

Bianchi Black Widow for S&W 3913
    Blackhawk Serpa CQC for S&W 39xx/59xx
    Blade-Tech IWB Universal for Glock 9mm/.40 cal. (if you don't reverse the mag release, grind off around it or the holster will release the mag.)
    Galco M7X Matrix for Glock 19/23.

I also suspect that the Don Hume H-715 for the Glock 19/23 will work (on order, but haven't tried it yet).
    Earth is the insane asylum of the universe!

Magazines

One of the regulars at the gunshop has one and had a heck of a time finding spare mags at a reasonable cost. Stock up when (while?) you can.

Thanks for all the information, it's a Cal-Ranch store where it is at and yes, I saw and touched both mags that were in the box, sounds like a deal I can't pass up, thanks again.

Just found extra mags for $39.95: Bersa Firearms Retail Prices
    Last edited by Fmr18z; May 17th, 2008 at 10:24 PM. Reason: Extra mags
    The first time you aren't armed and prepared may be the last time you wished you were.

Links