Just shot my new PT140 Millenium Pro

Just shot my new PT140 Millenium Pro

This is a discussion on Just shot my new PT140 Millenium Pro within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I put over 150 rounds through it today. Not one single problem whatsoever! Constant groups with every clip in the kill zone. It will jump ...

Talking Just shot my new PT140 Millenium Pro

I put over 150 rounds through it today. Not one single problem whatsoever! Constant groups with every clip in the kill zone. It will jump if you limp wrist it, but as long as I didn't do that, it was great. I even put 3 different manufacturers of ammo through it to see if there would be a difference, but there wasn't.

I was extremely pleased with it's performance! I've read a lot about how unreliable the PT140 is, and a lot of people knock it. If today's performance is any indication, I will trust this thing, literally, with my life. I'm going to put a few hundred more rounds through it to get more proficient and comfortable, then it will be by regular carry weapon.

There is one thing I don't like though....the clip springs are VERY stiff and after loading about 10 clips, my fingers got pretty sore. I think I'm going to look for a clip loading tool for it. Anybody else noitice this?

Now to get that new IWB holster......another tough decision.

We have a winner here...a man and his gun...one with the cosmos!

Congrats on what sounds like the beginning of a trusting SD relationship.

Holsters? See related links...may I suggest a Fist #1A IWB?

Stay armed...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I just took my new PT145 to the range today. I had similar results, seems like a great gun. As for the holster, I traded an XD45 and had a Mtac for it. The PT145 fit it almost perfect. I took a lighter to it and reshaped the trigger guard area to the PT145 and it works great.

The springs will ease up quickly. I had the same problem and got a tool but now don't use it.

Thanks guuys!
    I've been looking over the mtac holsters. I think I'm going that way.

Where did you find an MTAC for the 145? I don't see that option available on the MTAC order area on the Com-Tac site.

Quote Originally Posted by j21blackjack View Post
    I just took my new PT145 to the range today. I had similar results, seems like a great gun. As for the holster, I traded an XD45 and had a Mtac for it. The PT145 fit it almost perfect. I took a lighter to it and reshaped the trigger guard area to the PT145 and it works great.

I had an XD45 before the PT145. I modified my MTAC XD45 body with a lighter and a screwdriver to fit the PT145's trigger guard. MTAC does not make a body for the 145, but if you contact them they may be able to suggest an even closer match than the XD bodies.

If you load up the mags and let them set for a few days/weeks, they'll be easier to load in the future.

A hair dryer or heat gun (paint stripper on a lower setting) works great for heating Kydex.

Cloudpeak

Senior Member Array threefeathers's Avatar
    My son carries the same gun and he absolutely loves it. Good choice. He got the Don Hume IWB.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudpeak View Post

A hair dryer or heat gun (paint stripper on a lower setting) works great for heating Kydex.
    +1
    The lighter idea wasn't the best as it left black carbon all over.

Thanks guys. I've sent an email to Comp_Tac, but haven't heard anytthing back yet. I'll post it when do.

I have a IWB comp-tac for my PT145 and I love it, very nice holster

Quote Originally Posted by Tallone View Post
    I put over 150 rounds through it today. Not one single problem whatsoever! Constant groups with every clip in the kill zone. It will jump if you limp wrist it, but as long as I didn't do that, it was great. I even put 3 different manufacturers of ammo through it to see if there would be a difference, but there wasn't.

I was extremely pleased with it's performance! I've read a lot about how unreliable the PT140 is, and a lot of people knock it. If today's performance is any indication, I will trust this thing, literally, with my life. I'm going to put a few hundred more rounds through it to get more proficient and comfortable, then it will be by regular carry weapon.

There is one thing I don't like though....the clip springs are VERY stiff and after loading about 10 clips, my fingers got pretty sore. I think I'm going to look for a clip loading tool for it. Anybody else noitice this?

Now to get that new IWB holster......another tough decision.

The only 3 downsides my old taurus had (same gun, mine was a 3rd gen though, not a 4rth gen, so some of this may no longer be true).

Plastic mag catch and metal mags. Wore that part out in about 2 years, and Taurus wouldn't send me just the part

Always shot below point of aim, no matter who was shooting nor their stance. Had to aim between the 8 and 9 on a B27 at 7-10 yards to get the X.

Long trigger pull (definitely trainable).

From what I understand, they now come with the sa/da striker setup. If they also come with metal mag catches, I may have to consider buying a new one. I loved mine.
    ~Mike F.
    http://www.ConcealedCampus.com
    http://www.a-human-right.com/
    "Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."

Links