CZ firearms

CZ firearms

This is a discussion on CZ firearms within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was wondering what people thought about the CZ brand of firearms. I have heard good things but and curious what people think....

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: CZ firearms

CZ firearms

I was wondering what people thought about the CZ brand of firearms. I have heard good things but and curious what people think.

VIP Member
    Between my wife and I we have 5 CZ's. RAMI's in both 9mm and 40 cal. CZ75 Compact 9mm, CZ75 P-01 and CZ P-06. All have been reliabble and accurate. The P-06 is my primary carry gun, with the P-01 being my secondary carry. Once night sights are available for the RAMI my RAMI 40 will become my backup carry weapon. I don't think you can go wrong with a CZ. Just out of curiousity what part of VA are you in? Perhaps we could get together at a range and you can try them out.

Very high quality weapons, any particular model you are looking into?
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

I'm in Hampton. I was looking in a shop today and I say one. I remember during a gun show I held one and I really liked how they felt. I think the one I saw was compact and chambered in 40 cal.

have shot several and was very impressed. Good quality and fit. Nicely smooth and accurate. Dan wesson is now a part of cz and i will be buying a bobtailed commander 1911 soon, so technically i will soon own a cz!

Can't go wrong
    -mac
    "In those days, there was a lot more respect for other people and it showed in peoples values.... Today the word value means nothing more than something you get on the $1 menu at McDonald's." -BARK'N

Leave the CZ-100 off of your list unless you are fond of a long, heavy, and gritty trigger.

The first handgun I purchased was a CZ-100, I really liked it a lot until I fired some different handguns. This thing also kicks like a mule.
    "The Army and the Navy are run like traditional military services. The Air Force is run like a corporation. But the Marine Corps is a religion." Navy Admiral

University of Science Music and Culture

SEMPER FI!

The P01 is my summer carry, because it is smaller than my Beretta 92. It shoots well and reliably. I found having a de-cocker instead of a safety a bit off putting at first, but that works well, too.

Shadow; CZ's are incredibly tough weapons. An old friend of mine, Ted Bonnet used to be sponsored by CZ. I watched him shoot their guns over a period of about 10 years when he was winning all kinds of championships, and he used a CZ .40 caliber pistol to do all of it. Not once did I see those pistols fail him.
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

CZs are one of the best value available in handguns right now. They have a wide variety of models available to meet many different needs from CCW to duty weapons to competition.

Due to their ever increasing popularity, there is also a growing aftermarket of accessories and custom parts and services for them.

Is there a specific role you are looking to fill?

Joe

JRG
    I have several CZ's, I'm not sure what a 'gritty trigger' is? I've never had or experienced one. They are great handguns and reasonably priced. Go to the CZ forum and read up on them.......

My P-01

I love my P-01 more with every visit to the range, so far i have put over 3000 rounds through it and my only issue is that the grip screw that rides against my body stays rusty. But that only means that I need some stainless grip screws. IMHO if that is the worst thing that can be said about a gun it is one to keep and never trade/ sell. OH YEA it hated the Remington green box from Wal Mart, but that was the extremely rough edges on the brass I think.

Happy shooting,
    Searn

I just bought a CZ75 Compact (9mm) and it's a great gun. I shoot it much better than my (former) M&P 9mm and maybe just a bit better than my 1911's. Here's a picture of the CZ with an offhand at 7 yard target shot with handloads using the little Lee 105 gr. SWC bullet. 5 shots- .67" and that was before the trigger job.

Cloudpeak

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    I had a CZ40P. (changed out factory guide rail to a full-length nitride guide-rail, upgraded slide buhing, wolff springs,..) I miss it terribly. Wish I had never sold it

Quote Originally Posted by JRG View Post
    I have several CZ's, I'm not sure what a 'gritty trigger' is? I've never had or experienced one. They are great handguns and reasonably priced. Go to the CZ forum and read up on them.......
    Go to the CZ forum and read up on the CZ-100.
    "The Army and the Navy are run like traditional military services. The Air Force is run like a corporation. But the Marine Corps is a religion." Navy Admiral

University of Science Music and Culture

SEMPER FI!

I have the CZ-75 PCR Compact (9mm). I love it! The (perceived) recoil is negligible, it handles well, and has never jammed on me, with thousands of rounds put through.

I do carry during the winter, or if I'm wearing lots of clothing, but it's not really a summertime CCW. That said, I still give the CZ very high marks.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links