next gun...

This is a discussion on next gun... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; well I went TDY for the Army and was gone for 2 weeks. now that I have came back I have a little extra money. ...

View Poll Results: What to but next.......

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • Glock 30 Subcompact .45 ACP

30 26.32%
  • Glock 27 Subcompact .40 S&W

33 28.95%
  • Smith and Wesson 340PD .357/ .38 Special

51 44.74%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: next gun...

next gun...

well I went TDY for the Army and was gone for 2 weeks. now that I have came back I have a little extra money. So I am looking for my next carry gun, so I have put a lot of thought in to it.... but I just cant decide....

2. Remove Ads

Well I want to get all 3 but the wife wont let me get them all at the same time... plus I cant afford all 3, heck i can only get one every 3-4 months, if im lucky...

I voted for the Smith, everyone should have at least on j-frame. What kind of carry are you planning on going with?
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

You could consider a SIG and get this great rebate for military personnel:

SIG Rebate Offer
    "It's a big gun when I carry it, it is also a big gun when I take it out” – Clint Smith

Hard to choose without knowing what you already own.

G27 Me being a big Glock fan has nothing to do with it. Are you thinking about the G30 or G30SF? Reason I ask is knowing the G30 just didn't fit into my carry repertoire like I thought it should. That G27 will go almost everywhere and anywhere you carry and nobody will be the wiser--discrete and powerful enough. Sorry--I just hardly ever think of revolvers as a carry option for me--I know alot here do though and for good reasons I'm sure. That being said--I wouldn't rule it out completely either.

Quote Originally Posted by grady View Post
    Hard to choose without knowing what you already own.

I have 3", 4.25", 5" 1911 all colts. Beretta 92G-SD, and a XD40SC.

I am looking to carry IWB.

Not sure why you want a new EDC...although that happens to us all...not every 3-4 months though...

Of your choices, a 'snubby' is a nice collection 'addition', but I would probably choose the Glock...I checked the 30, but I believe I would not eliminate the 36 as a possibility...I have the 36 and love it!

Stay armed...expand the collection...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

everyone should own one wheel gun...atleast. But I voted glock 27. Perfect balance of size, ammo capacity and power. But I love my wheelguns. Those are what you pass down from generation to generation.

I have all 3 plus oyther carry guns. I usually go for the J frame. It conceals well. It works. I like it!
    "Being PARANOID is just plain smart thinking when they are really out to get you!"

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyrigger View Post
    I have 3", 4.25", 5" 1911 all colts. Beretta 92G-SD, and a XD40SC.

I am looking to carry IWB.
    If you're planning to carry the new gun by itself, based on what you already own, I'd choose the Glock 30. The 27 is only 1/4" shorter than your XD40SC, and it's the same length.

If you don't wear loose clothing or if you have difficulty concealing the XD, then I might choose the 27. It hides very well. Sometimes that extra 1/4" is important.

If you're planning to carry more than one gun at the same time, I'd choose the J-frame for a support hand backup.

All good choices, but assuming you won't be carrying it alone, I'm voting J-frame.

J frame

A revolver would be nice to add to your autos. I have S & W airweight, when shooting the 38 spl +P the recoil is snappy but not too bad.

I voted S&W. J frames are great weapons.
    http://www.odmp.org/

Defensor Fortis
    Tutor et Ultor
    Aduentes Fortuna Juvat
    Libertatem Defendimus

I voted G27, it is VERY concealable and has the power to get the job done...
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."

"SA is a cognitive state or process associated with the assessment of multiple environmental cues in a dynamic situation" ~ Isaac

Quote Originally Posted by ronbo View Post
    A revolver would be nice to add to your autos. I have S & W airweight, when shooting the 38 spl +P the recoil is snappy but not too bad.
    I'm leaning toward an airweight, I have a model 60, .357, SS, it's a bit heavy as a BUG I can pocket, or ankle carry. I'm concerned about the recoil, can you compare any other weapons?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links