Kahr P9?

This is a discussion on Kahr P9? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; anyone here own a kahr p9? If so what have been your experiences with these guns? I've heard/read that kahr has had a lot of ...

Thread: Kahr P9?

Kahr P9?

anyone here own a kahr p9? If so what have been your experiences with these guns? I've heard/read that kahr has had a lot of problems with their polymer framed guns like feeding issues and cracked frames and broken frame rails is this true? I ask as my local shop has a LNIB P9 with 2 mags and night sites for $450. I was debating ordering a new stainless K9 w/night sites but thats gonna run me about $650 give or take. So whats the verdict guys are the polymer kahrs bad guns?

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    They are good guns! They are not beginner friendly though, be sure to inspect everything before you purchase a used pistol.
    "Just blame Sixto"

I have a CW40 I bought new about 2 weeks ago. I ran 200 Rds of SW 165 FMJ through it. Not one hiccup what so ever. Very accurate for a compact. I can tell it is loosening up a bit. Everything seems to be smoother than when I first starting shooting it. I bought a couple boxes of hydro-shocks but haven't had a chance to run a couple mags yet. I'm very impressed with it so far. I paid $399 + tax for it new. Hope tis helps.
    Wayne

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    A p9 is my main carry gun, its hard to say more about a pistol than that you trust your life to it .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

My EDC will be the CW9, budget version of the P9. The CW9 comes with 1 mag, fixed front sight and a few minor differences from the P9, but It's a great gun. Most Kahr's I hear are tight at first (I could barely rack the slide on mine - probably not very beginner friendly), so you'll definitely need the break in period that Kahr recommends and it'll loosen right up, but I trust it to go bang every time. I paid $425. +$40 for extra magazine. $450 LNIB sounds like a pretty darn good deal for a P9.

Where are you in FL btw? I'm in Gainesville.
    Heavily armed.
    Collection: Kahr CW9, M&P 15-22, Walther P22, Glock 19.
    Sold: XD9 4'', Kimber 1911 Series II compact, FNP-9
    Shopping list: Springfield EMP 9mm, M&P 15 .223

That's a great price for a P9 w/ NS. Is it the stainless or DLC slide version?

I carry a P9 daily. It has worked flawlessly. I have never had a FTF in approximately 1500 rounds. I like it because it conceals easily as it is very thin. That by the way, is an excellent price for a P9 with night sites.

Quickdraw it is the stainless slide version. Well I may have to put some money on her after reading this I was leaning towards a steel k9 but being basicly the same gun I guess I p9 will do.

Links