Uh Oh....my Kahr 9mm's are in trouble!

Uh Oh....my Kahr 9mm's are in trouble!

This is a discussion on Uh Oh....my Kahr 9mm's are in trouble! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; But in a nice way. Why? 'Cause I'm finally a member of the HK P7 cult! I purchased this P7 over at Gunsamerica.com. The seller ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    VIP Member

Talking Uh Oh....my Kahr 9mm's are in trouble!

But in a nice way.

Why?

'Cause I'm finally a member of the HK P7 cult!

I purchased this P7 over at Gunsamerica.com. The seller was John Zephir at Zephir's Sportsman's Supply & Equipment. This purchase was my first (and very positive) experience on Gunsamerica.

I purchased this gun on my birthday (or at least I placed the order) and received it on Friday.

The gun feels great in my hands and the Euro bottom magazine release doesn't bother me. It's just going to be whole new manual-of-arms I will have to get used to.

Now for a nice cleaning (and checking of the piston, gas port and extractor which all look good after field stripping the gun)....I wish it came with more than one magazine. They are still available from some sites I see for between $50-60 dollars.

Here's the original sale posting:
    http://www.gunsamerica.com/guns/976539418.htm

I will shoot the gun this week (Hurricane Wilma permitting).

I already see a hard chroming job, night sights and Nills wooden stocks in her future!

Any other P7 owners out there?
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

1952 - 2006
    Nice gun.
    I really love the trigger pull on them. Wonderful CCW selection.
    Heroes are people who do what has to be done, when it has to be done, regardless of the consequences

"I like when the enemy shoots at me; then I know where the ******** are and can kill them."
    ~George Patton

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Lead Moderator
    wow, nice gun. I own a USP, but always liked the P7's looks. Not sure if it would work well for a leftie though.

Distinguished Member Array RSSZ's Avatar
    She's a HK,what can ya say. Great gun with some character. I know she's yours---BUT--- please,no hard chrome or wood grips. She'll thank you for it later.-----------

I personally don't see anything wrong with accessorizing a Cadillac with a Mercedes.
    John Moses Browning and Eugene Stoner were the Albert Einstein's of the Gun Industry!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rocky
    (SNIP) Not sure if it would work well for a leftie though.
    I think the P7 lends itself perfectly to lefty use....if you look carefully at my photo, there's a button to lock the slide just to the rear the middle of the trigger. It's easier (for me at least) to manipulate the button with my left hand and index finger. Releasing the slide, cocking the gun and hitting the magazine release are all hand neutral with this gun.

Quote Originally Posted by RSSZ
    (SNIP) no hard chrome or wood grips. She'll thank you for it later.-----------
    I would actually rather keep it black, but a bunch of P7 owners over at Parkcitiestactical.com have HC'd P7's and all comment that very little wear is evident with their guns even after thousands of rounds and/or holster presentations.

After seeing the HK photos taken by Dr. Ken Lunde, I've decided "why not?": http://www.praxagora.com/lunde/hks.html

Besides....if I HC this one....it'll give me an excuse to get another one and keep that one black!

Assistant Administrator
    Since production ceased - will spares be any problem - that is one thing that had concerned me a bit.

Other thing folks do mention is how hot they get after only moderate thruput - at least with P7M8 and I assume same gas system. Price seemed very fair as these and similar models apparently in much demand.

I may be remembering wrong but have a feeling Class3NH has one.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

VIP Member
    Yes, acquiring spare parts are kind of a challenge....but they do exist. That's one reason why people HC their P7's (according to parkcitiestactical.com)...to reduce wear on parts.

Yes, the first couple of P7 generations (PSP and P7) get hot after 50 or 60 rounds or so....hence the P7M8 and it's heat shield.....hey! That's another reason to pick up a second P7.....when one is cooling off, I fire the second one!

Assistant Administrator
    That's another reason to pick up a second P7.....when one is cooling off, I fire the second one!
    Damn - that is excellent logic - way to go
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Looks like a very solid price, I usually see them upwards of 800-900. I fancy the M13 model so badly, but the price they fetch for a 9mm
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the PEOPLE to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Quote Originally Posted by P95Carry
    Since production ceased - will spares be any problem - that is one thing that had concerned me a bit.

Other thing folks do mention is how hot they get after only moderate thruput - at least with P7M8 and I assume same gas system. Price seemed very fair as these and similar models apparently in much demand.

I may be remembering wrong but have a feeling Class3NH has one.
    Good memory Chris! indeed I do! In fact TWO PSPs (1 in hard chrome with night sights) One in Bluse with night sights, AND a P7M8 as well! I guess that makes it a THREESOME They work flawlessly, and will eat anything you put through them. I would suggest the Fed Hydra Shoks, Gold Dots, and Fed/Win FMJ. Stay away from the Wolf 9 mm stuff, or you'll be in dire straits.
    BTW, DON'T thorughly clean the gas rod, as the weapon works better with it being slightly dirty. The weapon was designed for either a Righty or LEFTY shooter. Mags are no problem either. BEST thing is, if you have the takedown tool, you can pull the firing pin assy out, AND leave the weapon with a round in chamber, and full mag, thus rendering the weapon TOTALLY harmless and inoperable to small, inquisitive hands.

DR
    Have you been peeking in my safe? I have a couple of Kahrs and think they're great. I just picked up a P7M8 (already hard chromed). The things I like about the Kahrs are much the same as what drew me to the P7 (flat, reliable, constant trigger pull, accurate).

Now, I just need to find a holster for it.

Administrator

Thumbs up European Style Magazine Release

I kinda like the European Style mag release.
    It's actually quite fast on a magazine change but, takes lots of practice & a bit of "Slight Of Hand Manipulation" but, it's worth the time & effort to master it.
    My "Carry" SIG/Browning .45s have the Euro Mag Releases.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

VIP Member
    Very nice!

My brother has a PSP and really enjoys his. The plus side of having a "staple gun" is that for whatever freak reason your handgun is wrestled away from you, chances are the other person won't know how to operate it.

Here's a picture of a PSP (top) and P7M8 (bottom, with heat shield).
    Attached Images
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

Hey Betty if your Kahr is looking for a new home let me know. My is looking for a brother or sister to play with.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links