Defensive Carry banner

Anyone carry a S&W AirWeight?

12K views 48 replies 35 participants last post by  snowdoctor 
#1 ·
Reviews? Well built? Pros and Cons?

Any opinions or comments would be appreciated.

PICs woud be great also!

#29 ·
I have 2 friend that carry airweights. Both of em really like em to shoot and carry. Makes a great ankle carry piece due to its low weight.

#32 ·
not responsible

i think that picture is showing a lack of responsible gun ownership on your part. if you look at the picture yes your finger is not on the triger but there are rounds in the cylindar and there is a person on the other end of the camera. one slip and your finger could be on the triger and bam that sweet little southern belle g freind of yours is in a pool of her own brain matter and blood and you did it. i would rahter not see pictures like that. just show your gun on the coffe table.

#33 ·
Person on other end of camera???? How do you know?

Cameras have auto timers or remote cables - which is what I use. I do not in all seriousness consider anyone here would aim at a live camera operator! Please!

''Effect'' pics like this may not please some but sure as heck they need not involve anything irresponsible.

#34 ·
JAMES BOND said:
i think that picture is showing a lack of responsible gun ownership on your part. if you look at the picture yes your finger is not on the triger but there are rounds in the cylindar and there is a person on the other end of the camera. one slip and your finger could be on the triger and bam that sweet little southern belle g freind of yours is in a pool of her own brain matter and blood and you did it. i would rahter not see pictures like that. just show your gun on the coffe table.
I think Phil knows better than that. He can post the circumstances of the photo for himself if he wants to, but I would place a sizeable bet that the photograph was made in a responsible way. Pictures like that don't bother me at all as long as they are not pointed at anyone in real life.....

#35 ·
JAMES BOND said:

I see nothing wrong with this pics and have seen a lot worse but im sure Phil probley used a wonderfull thing called self timer or a cable release or had it hooked to his computer on a timer so he could postion him self as he wanted ... Wonders of technology

#37 ·
I have had an airweight bodyguard for many years and would never consider selling it.

When I need to carry where lapse of concealment would be --ahem-- embarassing, I carry the bodyguard or Kahr pm9. With proper concealment gear (ankle,pocket, iwb) the nod goes the the Smith for concealment, but the Kahr carries 2 more rounds in a better caliber.

#38 ·
JAMES BOND said:
I don't see anything wrong with that pic. Personally, I use the self timer on my camera, AND the weapon has been pointed in a SAFE direction. Sounds like a "gunkid" comment, from way back when.

#40 ·
Ridge Runner said:
Reviews? Well built? Pros and Cons?

Any opinions or comments would be appreciated.

PICs woud be great also!
I have "new school" 638 bodyguard(alloy frame w/ steel barrel & cylinder) an "Ol School" 649(all steel). Difference is that the new school is rated +P and the Ol School is not(only for carry). I train how I fight, so I shoot +P for practice! I'll have to put my Ol School through the cryo treatment to get it tougher(to handle the +P on a regular basis)!

#41 ·
I have a 637 and love it. Trigger pull is horrible (weight wise) but I've learned to crank it the first part of the pull and then it comes to a point where its at its where it would be and I can kind of aim a little better at that point. Not sure if anyone understands but it works. Another thing I do is to use my whole finger. I don't use just the pad of my index finger, rather I put the finger through and i'm actually pulling the trigger with the first joint. When I only used my finger tip, I always pulled shots to the right in double action shooting. Now I don't even think about it and i'm all kinds of accurate between 7 and 10 yards. The hammer hasn't caused a problem for me but I can appreciate why the shrouded hammer would be better. I practice almost entirely shooting it double action.

I think it's a great little gun.

#42 ·
#44 ·
I do the same with my 642. With the CT grip, it was easy to see my mistakes and make corrections. Funny, when I bought this gun, it was with the idea of using it my BUG but it has become my main carry weapon in a pocket holster. I really like it.

#49 ·
642 .38+p with laser grips

I bought a titanium hammerless, and really like it. I don't mind the recoil but that depends on preference, hand size, strength etc. I put the LG305 laser grip on it, and man does it rock. no morebearing down the barrel. whereever the dot is, the bullet hits. Now it does take some practice, esp with the trigger pull and if you don't like the recoil. it gets to the point, that you don't even see the gun, you are on target and squeezing before you realize it. it is a different way to think about shooting. I know some people don't like them because they let the BG know where you are at, but if your gun is out, and you squeeze the light, you already mean business. I have never had to use it in personal defense,thank god, but if I do, I would also think the laser may be a deterent.
one note, the lg205 are smaller grips, but they don't have a shut off switch and they are polymer...the lg305's are rubber overmolded and come with an on/off switch on the butt.
I would love to hear other feedback about this...
-THE DOC

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.