Anyone carry a S&W AirWeight?

This is a discussion on Anyone carry a S&W AirWeight? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; P.S. Post, Phil I don't know what makes me most afraid the 642 or you holding it. Good picture....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anyone carry a S&W AirWeight?

P.S. Post, Phil I don't know what makes me most afraid the 642 or you holding it. Good picture.
    Listen, Think and React.....Nuff Said.....

2. Remove Ads

not responsible

i think that picture is showing a lack of responsible gun ownership on your part. if you look at the picture yes your finger is not on the triger but there are rounds in the cylindar and there is a person on the other end of the camera. one slip and your finger could be on the triger and bam that sweet little southern belle g freind of yours is in a pool of her own brain matter and blood and you did it. i would rahter not see pictures like that. just show your gun on the coffe table.

Assistant Administrator
    Person on other end of camera???? How do you know?

Cameras have auto timers or remote cables - which is what I use. I do not in all seriousness consider anyone here would aim at a live camera operator! Please!

''Effect'' pics like this may not please some but sure as heck they need not involve anything irresponsible.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by JAMES BOND
    i think that picture is showing a lack of responsible gun ownership on your part. if you look at the picture yes your finger is not on the triger but there are rounds in the cylindar and there is a person on the other end of the camera. one slip and your finger could be on the triger and bam that sweet little southern belle g freind of yours is in a pool of her own brain matter and blood and you did it. i would rahter not see pictures like that. just show your gun on the coffe table.
    I think Phil knows better than that. He can post the circumstances of the photo for himself if he wants to, but I would place a sizeable bet that the photograph was made in a responsible way. Pictures like that don't bother me at all as long as they are not pointed at anyone in real life.....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

I see nothing wrong with this pics and have seen a lot worse but im sure Phil probley used a wonderfull thing called self timer or a cable release or had it hooked to his computer on a timer so he could postion him self as he wanted ... Wonders of technology

Here's my 642 sitting in a Hedley pocket holster. (pointed in a safe direction)
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
    --GEORGE ORWELL

I have had an airweight bodyguard for many years and would never consider selling it.

When I need to carry where lapse of concealment would be --ahem-- embarassing, I carry the bodyguard or Kahr pm9. With proper concealment gear (ankle,pocket, iwb) the nod goes the the Smith for concealment, but the Kahr carries 2 more rounds in a better caliber.

I don't see anything wrong with that pic. Personally, I use the self timer on my camera, AND the weapon has been pointed in a SAFE direction. Sounds like a "gunkid" comment, from way back when.

Yes, I used a timer on the camera. There's nobody involved but me -- and nobody in mortal peril except my cheap Chinese digital.

Quote Originally Posted by Ridge Runner
    Reviews? Well built? Pros and Cons?

Any opinions or comments would be appreciated.

PICs woud be great also!
    I have "new school" 638 bodyguard(alloy frame w/ steel barrel & cylinder) an "Ol School" 649(all steel). Difference is that the new school is rated +P and the Ol School is not(only for carry). I train how I fight, so I shoot +P for practice! I'll have to put my Ol School through the cryo treatment to get it tougher(to handle the +P on a regular basis)!
    Train how you Fight
    Slow is Smooth, Smooth is Fast!
    "Anything you do can get you killed, including nothing." Murphy's Combat Law

Distinguished Member Array Gideon's Avatar
    I have a 637 and love it. Trigger pull is horrible (weight wise) but I've learned to crank it the first part of the pull and then it comes to a point where its at its where it would be and I can kind of aim a little better at that point. Not sure if anyone understands but it works. Another thing I do is to use my whole finger. I don't use just the pad of my index finger, rather I put the finger through and i'm actually pulling the trigger with the first joint. When I only used my finger tip, I always pulled shots to the right in double action shooting. Now I don't even think about it and i'm all kinds of accurate between 7 and 10 yards. The hammer hasn't caused a problem for me but I can appreciate why the shrouded hammer would be better. I practice almost entirely shooting it double action.

I think it's a great little gun.

Assistant Administrator
    1man, Gideon - today was my son's intro to his 637 - he loved it and I was somewhat enamored too. Shot great.

A rather lengthy self-indulgent post I just put up - on his pre carry prep' day ---

http://www.combatcarry.com/vbulletin...8083#post58083
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Sounds like you're basically staging the trigger - I do the same thing with my 642. Yep, it helps accuracy.
    Jack

XD9
    I do the same with my 642. With the CT grip, it was easy to see my mistakes and make corrections. Funny, when I bought this gun, it was with the idea of using it my BUG but it has become my main carry weapon in a pocket holster. I really like it.
    There are 2 sounds in the world that strike more fear than any others. A click when you should hear a bang and a bang when you should hear a click.

+1 what P95Carry said,being able to do a quick follow up shot is almost as important as the first shot. Its worth the extra wieght.I carry a Kahr MK9 or Colt commander,sold the sw airwieght.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links