New MK9

New MK9

This is a discussion on New MK9 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well, I've been trying to convince my wife she should have her own handgun. Today she allowed me to pick up an MK9 for her, ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New MK9

Ex Member Array TacticalCompact's Avatar

New MK9

Well, I've been trying to convince my wife she should have her own handgun. Today she allowed me to pick up an MK9 for her, with NS. Yummy. All cleaned and oiled and ready for the first shoot.

After watching her fondle it a bit, I'm thinking I should have bought her a revolver after all. She's barely strong enough to move the slide.

Well, maybe I'll get her a revolver, and the mk9 fits nicely into my MTAC that was built for a P40. It sure does conceal much better, and though I haven't tried it yet I'm sure it will feel like a BB gun after shooting so my .40 from the P40.

You make it sound so good, but

Be Observant and Be Safe.

Current: S&W 442, Springfield XD9sc, XDm9, and Glock G26, G19, G23C,
    and SIG P226-40 TT, and Ruger GP-100, and Beretta 92FS
    Former: Taurus 92SS, SIG P220 TT, S&W 360, SIG P239-40, Ruger 22/45 MKII

I think you guys will LOVE it!! I've had mine for a week and it so great!! I shot over 100rds Sat, and she was perfect. The recoil is so nice after shooting my Kel-Tec's which I traded for the new MK9. Anyway, congratulations, and carry in great health!!

Jesus said "and if you dont have a sword (AK), sell your cloak and buy one. Luke 22:36

Here it is, with it's big brother P.

Ya need one of them there +1 mags, oh, and a holster! (unless I see a +1 under the plastic!) The Kahr MK's are great little guns, very accurate.

Very nice... take her (your wife) to the range and instruct her on pushing against her hands as she racks the weapon, if she has not tried that. It will usually fix the difficulity in racking a weapon. Or if all else fails... congrats on your new weapon.
    "Eternity is Too Long to be Wrong"

Texas CHL Instructor & Holder & Utah CFP Instructor
    NRA Instructor & Life Member
    Member TSRA, USCCA, TCHA
    Christian, Heterosexual, Pro-2A, Pro-Life, Conservative, Common Sense American

I have carried a gun for well over half a century both in the line of duty and as a private citizen. During those many years, I have tried about everything. It is my opinion that the MK9 is the best all around carry gun ever made. It is tiny, amazingly accurate and dependable, has a great trigger, very little perceived recoil, and is well designed. What more could anybody ask for? You made an excellent choice.

Another photo is not called for, but here is mine anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Rustynuts View Post
    Ya need one of them there +1 mags
    Yeah, it comes with a 6 round and a 7 rounder with pinkie extension. I don't think I'd ever carry it with the extended mag. The only thing IMO that makes the MK9 better than the P or K version is that the grip is shorter and conceals much easier. As I noted in another thread, I can bend fully over with the MK in my MTAC and you can't see it. My P40 sticks way out... it's obvious.

Putting the extended mag makes the grip just as long as my P40, negating the benefit of the smaller gun. Shorter barrell doesn't really do much good. I think the Covert version was probably the best, but I can't have one :P

Quote Originally Posted by ak-kev View Post

Hey, it looks like there is a pin or some sort of round hole in the frame near the muzzle on yours. I don't see that on mine... is it just a defect in the picture or is it really there?

WOW, good eyes. I never noticed it being different. I went back and looked at all the other pictures and I could'nt find another one like mine. It is a machined hole through the frame, only on one side I will call Kahr now and find out what it's for.
    Jesus said "and if you dont have a sword (AK), sell your cloak and buy one. Luke 22:36

make sure you tell us what they say!

Update: Range Report

We took the Kahrs to the range today and put 200 rounds through both. Both were flawless; zero malfunctions. I was impressed with the accuracy and ease of the MK9, for sure.

My wife really likes it too :D I only fed WWB FMJ through it, haven't picked up any good SD ammo yet. I'm thinking Federal HST.

At one point a range officer came over in a huff and gave me a hard time about my "rapid fire." I asked why it was a problem and his response was "because its the rules." His attitude was poor, and I don't tend to be happy about **** poor customer service especially when I've spent thousands of dollars in your store.

Anyway, that's another topic I guess. The point is, both of these guns run very well, shoot very fast, and are easy to control. With a proper grip, the MK9 exhibits minimal muzzle flip and perceived recoil. I like it a lot, and my wife shoots it very well.

I guess I have to take back my claim of zero malfunctions. Three or four times, the slide failed to lock open when the mag ran dry. Just an empty click as I was not counting my shots.

That is a bit of a concern I suppose. Anyone dealt with this before in a Kahr?

I think the +1 mag rattles anyway in my gun.

I have had the slide lock problem with after market mags, but not kahr's. I think the slide will not be such a chore for her after it is broken in.

I am going to go see one in person, even my Sig P239 feels a bit too much... If the clothing can conceal it, then I carry the largest I can, but I see myself not wearing clothing than can conceal even a P239 well... Was thinking about the Kahr .380 as well... but 9mm sounds better... size is what really matters to me in the very end though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links