G30 Sf

This is a discussion on G30 Sf within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Any body got one? Anybody have a range report?...

Thread: G30 Sf

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality

G30 Sf

Any body got one? Anybody have a range report?
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Rob99VMI04 View Post
    Sorry - no help on the SF.

The avatar is a classic though. Is this available on a tee-shirt somewhere?

Randy

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    I'm wondering If I'm going to have to start making these? All proceeds go to Defensivecarry.com
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

I have a standard G30 and it has been great. Just got it this past Christmas. I just couldn't stand to wait for the SF any longer. This weekend at the NRA convention I felt them side by side. For me personally, I couldn't feel much difference (which was kind of a sigh of relief for me!). However there is a lot of difference between the 21 and 21SF in my opinion.

Get the 30SF. You'll love it.

I'm wondering If I'm going to have to start making these? All proceeds go to Defensivecarry.com
    You think anybody under 40 knows what it is?
    It reminds me of the "peace symbol" back in the day...

Rob, I just purchased a G30 SF today. I won't make it to the range until Sunday most likely, but I will post again as soon as I do.

First impressions are wonderful though. This is my first glock as I have fondled many before and they just didn't feel right in my hand. The SF changed that. I picked one up today and the comparison between the standard model grip and the SF was very noticable to me and I was needless to say...SOLD!

My other guns include a full size SW1911 and two M&P compacts (9mm and .40) and the grip feels just as good in my hand as any of them.

Other than the grip change the G30 is pretty much a standard small frame Glock with a standard rail (no picatinny or ambi safety like the G21SF), so I expect it to live up to the Glock reputation.

I will chime in once again after a range visit. Hope this was helpful...

Matt

what kind of money did you have to put out for the 30sf...I have been looking all around Denver, Co. and I can't find in any of the gun shops.
    Glock 23
    Beretta 92fs
    Ruger Mark 3
    S&W 642
    Looking

Probably just me, but I've got a 30 and played with a 30SF and really couldn't tell that much difference. Their info says it's 1/8" shorter from front to rear.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

Quote Originally Posted by denverbear View Post
    what kind of money did you have to put out for the 30sf...I have been looking all around Denver, Co. and I can't find in any of the gun shops.
    I did not get an overly good deal on this particular gun. The shop I got it at is the ONLY shop around with any real selection so they are priced high. Long story short though I paid 600 plus tax. Looking around on the net I have found them for the lowest so far being 547 and the highest 650. Considering I would have to pay a transfer fee at the shop I purchased mine at I decided to take the hit and pay the extra dough...and also because as you said they are not too easy to find just yet.

If I were a more patient individual I would have waited to see what I could find one at a gun show for. Probably your best bet I think.

Price gouging! That's over retail...
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

Alternate Peace Symbol

Don't let them kid you about your peace symbol avatar. Peace is good, and is best achieved through superior firepower and nuclear deterrence. Here is my symbol:

Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the Peoples' Liberty's Teeth." - George Washington

I have a 30 that I love. I fondled a 21sf yesterday at the store and was impressed as to how well it felt after holding a g20. I wouldn't mind trading in my 30 for a 30sf.
    Benjamin Franklin once said, "he that would supplant a little liberty for a little safety deserves neither".

So did you buy one yet or what!

Range Trip

Alright so I got to the range today for only 100 rounds through my G30 SF, and I was VERY pleased. While 100 Rounds isn't a whole lot I can say that it shot very well. Recoil was nothing out of the ordinary for any .45. No more noticable to me than my full size 1911. Accuracy was great as well. Bout a 1 inch group at 10 yards. Sight reset really surprised me at how good it was, and I had no failures of any kind.

I give this gun an A+!

Of the few people that held the gun there was a noticable trend in that those with larger hands did NOT prefer the shortened grip design of the SF while those with thinner/smaller hands praised it. I have thinner hands and the G30 feels very secure and comfortable in my mitts.

Matt

I have a 30 and love it. Have been trying to get a SF to go along with it to keep. Then I will have two 30s, and three 19s. Those two are the best pistols ever made in my opinion. They fit my hand better than anything, boringly reliable, accurate, and easy to shoot and carry.

Links