S a W SIGMA bad

This is a discussion on S a W SIGMA bad within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Sorry you had problems... S&W will make it right. My 40VE has 5k rounds down range with no issues ever. Give it a chance when ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: S a W SIGMA bad

Sorry you had problems... S&W will make it right.

My 40VE has 5k rounds down range with no issues ever. Give it a chance when you get it back.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

2. Remove Ads

Send it to Smith, they'll fix it. Request a pre-paid box to mail it in as well. And a spare mag or two for your trouble.

I got a Sigma as my first handgun when I was 15 or so because it was cheap and I was able to swing it as a Christmas present. The trigger sucks but it has been 100% reliable.

HOLD THE PHONE....

If you thought it was an M&P, paid $400 for it, THEN ask if it is a good gun I would suggest that you make sure it is not a molding mark in the frame. I have a feeling it is based on other posts. I'm sorry man, but they let you carry a gun?

Cheap sigma piece

Need some information.

You say you bought a "cheap sigma piece." Does this mean you bought a used gun?

If it was used how much did you pay for it? If it really was cheap as you have said is it possible the previous owner knew of the gun's problem and did not inform you. I'm sure you're familar with the old saying "buyer beware." Fortunately for you Smith and Wessen stands behind their products.

I can just see this gun falling from the top of some high shelf or something onto a concrete floor and the owner saying, "I sure hope I can sell this."

Let us know why the weapon is a "cheap piece" and not an uninformed purchase of damaged goods.

Its acheap peice cause I ran about 300-400 rounds through it before I had the gun break and it was jamming like crazy clean or dirty it didnt matter . plus it was about 2 weeks old brand new outa the box
    SIGSAUR 1911 gsr 45
    S a W SIGMA 9mm CRAP
    Ruger 10 22
    Black powder 44 cal revolver

Cheap piece sigma

If I understand your last post you are saying you purchased the weapon new. If that is correct then you should not have experienced the problems you describe. Were the 300 to 400 rounds factory ammo? Some low quality reloads will cause the problems you describe. Also avoid Wolfe steel ammo. Were all the rounds the same brand? Sigma's will usually feed anything but if you were mixing different ammos there might have been something in there it didn't like.

Have you talked to the dealer. Considering the unusual nature of your experience I'm guessing the dealer would bend over backward to make it right.

I could understand you going to a different weapon but my 40ve has about 2,000 rounds downrange without the first problem. That includes several different factory rounds, both fmj and jhp's. Several hundred of those rounds were my own reloads. Of my nine handguns the ve is my favorite carry piece. Sorry you're experience was so negative.

THe gun was brand new I only fired factory ammo through it and it was the target ammo no defense rounds
    I only ran winchester 100 round walmart box,lawman range ammo .
    SIGSAUR 1911 gsr 45
    S a W SIGMA 9mm CRAP
    Ruger 10 22
    Black powder 44 cal revolver

S&W will fix it, excellent customer service, its why I am willing to pay a few more bucks for a smith, there well worth it

Send that puppy back, it must have sneaked by QA. Mine has been great, and after the trigger job I did on it it is even better.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Sounds like a lemon to me, and as others have said ... send it back to S&W, I have no doulbt that customer service will make it right!
    "Eternity is Too Long to be Wrong"

Texas CHL Instructor & Holder & Utah CFP Instructor
    NRA Instructor & Life Member
    Member TSRA, USCCA, TCHA
    Christian, Heterosexual, Pro-2A, Pro-Life, Conservative, Common Sense American

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links