my new XD9 :) - Page 2

my new XD9 :)

This is a discussion on my new XD9 :) within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Great looking pair ... both really good shooters too...Congrats...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: my new XD9 :)

Great looking pair ... both really good shooters too...Congrats
    "Eternity is Too Long to be Wrong"

Texas CHL Instructor & Holder & Utah CFP Instructor
    NRA Instructor & Life Member
    Member TSRA, USCCA, TCHA
    Christian, Heterosexual, Pro-2A, Pro-Life, Conservative, Common Sense American

Those bi-tones looked good, even the Taurus.
    " Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master." George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Wils91 View Post
    I'm not sure what i want to do with the Taurus. it's been good to me, but i may trade it off for a pistol for my Fiancee (she wants a pistol too!) i havnt decided yet.
    Trade it off for a brand new XD 9mm sub-compact for the fiancee---she'll love ya for it!

new xd

that was my first handgun,loved shooting it. on new
    addition.
    (SHERIFF BUFORD T. JUSTICE) "what the hell is
    the world coming too"

NRA LIFE MEMBER

U.S. ARMY FT.SILL, OKLA.

Quote Originally Posted by Defensive Arms View Post
    Trade it off for a brand new XD 9mm sub-compact for the fiancee---she'll love ya for it!
    that would be all well and good but she thinks a compact gun is too big, and it has to be pink

so choices are limited, and from what i'ver seen in a decent caliber, expensive.

that would be all well and good but she thinks a compact gun is too big, and it has to be pink

so choices are limited, and from what i'ver seen in a decent caliber, expensive.
    An XD sub-compact isn't a compact.

Compact = 4 inch barrel
    Sub-compact = 3 inch barrel

The XD9 sub-compact isn't too big at all for a woman's hand. Take her to the gun store and let her hold one. I bet it'll fit her hand just fine. If she likes the feel of it, just get her the frickin' thing. Once she shoots it, she'll be hooked! She won't even be thinking about the fact that it's not pink.

Quote Originally Posted by Defensive Arms View Post
    An XD sub-compact isn't a compact.

Compact = 4 inch barrel
    Sub-compact = 3 inch barrel

The XD9 sub-compact isn't too big at all for a woman's hand. Take her to the gun store and let her hold one. I bet it'll fit her hand just fine. If she likes the feel of it, just get her the frickin' thing. Once she shoots it, she'll be hooked! She won't even be thinking about the fact that it's not pink.
    she says the pt145 is too big for her, i'll put it that way. and you don't understand how she is when it comes to anything pink.
    to her it's pink, or nothing. she actually told me this tonight. she's being rediculous, like she wont even touch a gun unless it's pink....no joke.

GRRRRR

Sweet!!!!!!

I wish I had gotten the Bi-tone Version!
    "Life is like a box of chocolate... You never know who you are going to shoot."

my flickr photo page

Senior Member Array McPatrickClan's Avatar
    Nice pistol! Congrats.

she says the pt145 is too big for her, i'll put it that way. and you don't understand how she is when it comes to anything pink.
    to her it's pink, or nothing. she actually told me this tonight. she's being rediculous, like she wont even touch a gun unless it's pink....no joke.

GRRRRR

The Pink Lady solves that problem then.
    GunBroker.com guns: PINK CHARTER ARMS 38 SPL. (UNDER COVER) (item: 100491197 ends: May-28-08 05:43:51 PM)
    Dave
    Springfield XD .40 Service
    Para Ord Hawg 9
    Kahr CW9
    S&W 22A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joBMq...eature=related

Distinguished Member Array snowdoctor's Avatar
    if she is wanting a firearm, and is willing to carry...BUY HER A PINK ONE....do what it takes....
    and now that you have that XD, and a few months...you will forget about the taurus...but don't take my word for it....just let us all know in a few months...
    XD's are one great pistol.
    ----DOC-----

--people ask why I carry, and I show them this picture. I think it says it all.--

NRA Certified Instructor--many disciplines

I love my XDs and I hope you like yours as much as I have enjoyed mine. I have two service XDs (.40 and .45) and one subcompact 9mm and all have been exceptionally reliable.

Quote Originally Posted by Defensor View Post
    i've seen those, but the ones i saw were alot more expensive.
    i'll be looking into them more here in the next couple months.

Quote Originally Posted by snowdoctor View Post
    if she is wanting a firearm, and is willing to carry...BUY HER A PINK ONE....do what it takes....
    and now that you have that XD, and a few months...you will forget about the taurus...but don't take my word for it....just let us all know in a few months...
    XD's are one great pistol.
    I told her she needs to get her LTCF before i get her her own gun and once i feel that she can safely handle/operate/care for a handgun then i will get her one. as of right now, she's never even shot a gun. (no public local ranges )

i may end up trading or selling the taurus for something else, depending on how much i can get for it either way. hopefully the shop where i got the XD can order that pink lady.... it depends though

well i shot the XD today. put 2 mags of some cheap ass CCI blazer though it.

there is old Railroad property next to my house and about a 10 minute walk down track where i can shoot..... as long as no reliefers are riding there SSI funded quads there.

shot from about 35-40 ft away(it looks really far away but it wasnt)
    took some pics from my phone before i shot so excuse the quality

the one on the left edge of the orange was my first shot, the shots at the top are more or less from the first mag, the shots in and low of the black are from the second. once i figured out how it was shooting, high and to the left from POA i did better as you can see from the first mag to the second.

Very sweet!
    It is utterly illogical to believe that passing laws to reduce gun violence will be successful when those who are commiting the gun violence do not obey the law.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links