Glock 26 range report

Glock 26 range report

This is a discussion on Glock 26 range report within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I had the chance to shoot my new G26 today. It's not a bad gun to shoot, but it does have more felt recoil than ...

Thread: Glock 26 range report

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar

Glock 26 range report

I had the chance to shoot my new G26 today. It's not a bad gun to shoot, but it does have more felt recoil than my G19. I kept having to readjust my grip on the gun, so maybe I should get a Hogue grip sleeve for it. I ran 100 flawless WWB 115 gr. FMJ rounds through it, and managed to score 1/2"-1" groupings at 10 yards, thats not too shabby for a such a short barreled gun. I found myself jerking the trigger at times, and pushing the gun downward, so that's another thing I need to work on.

Overall I'm pleased with the G26, but it's not a gun I would like to shoot hundreds of rounds through in a single range trip, and it will make a good BUG.
    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

Glad you're working with it well. I don't think the G27 or G26 is a pistol anyone wants to shoot hundreds of rounds through in one range session. 100 for me in the 27 is more than enough, and if it's P.D. ammo, 50 or less usually.

I don't shoot more than 100 rounds at a time through my G26, and most of the time only 50 or so, and then I shoot one of my other guns after taking a break. Fatigue can begin to set in and then you start practicing your mistakes instead of your good shooting habits. Now I am sure someone is going to post on here that they regularly shoot 500 rounds of .44 magnum before breakfast each morning and that he or she is only 5 foot nothing and weighs a hundred pounds soaking wet. Hooray for them! The rest of us will get along in life quite nicely, thank you very much, with a more limited range session. Congrats though on your G26, it is a very fine carry handgun.
    God bless our troops!

Quote Originally Posted by spyderdude View Post
    I had the chance to shoot my new G26 today. It's not a bad gun to shoot, but it does have more felt recoil than my G19.
    It is a G26 and not a G19. They are each great guns in their own right. Now if you were comparing the G26 to a XD 9sc and complaining - I would be surprised, but it would be something comparable to talk about.

Quote Originally Posted by spyderdude View Post
    Overall I'm pleased with the G26, but it's not a gun I would like to shoot hundreds of rounds through in a single range trip, and it will make a good BUG.
    Wow, I find it a lot of fun to fill up 6 magazines and shoot the G26, then fill 6 more magazines and shoot it again. Sometimes I've filled six or so G19 magazines and shoot my G19 in between shooting my G26.

The G26 is a great gun... I never thought I'd need or want something like this since I already owned a G19, but after shooting one at a range I just had to get a G26 for myself. It's much easier to carry, not that my G19 or G23c will not have a time and place for me to carry.
    Be Observant and Be Safe.

Current: S&W 442, Springfield XD9sc, XDm9, and Glock G26, G19, G23C,
    and SIG P226-40 TT, and Ruger GP-100, and Beretta 92FS
    Former: Taurus 92SS, SIG P220 TT, S&W 360, SIG P239-40, Ruger 22/45 MKII

I have had a Glock 26 for about 10 years and thousands of rounds. Last year I was having light primer strikes way too often for it just being bad ammo. I bought a 250 round bulk pack of Remington 9mm and told myself that if it got through the whole box without failing again that I would keep it. If it failed again, I was going to sell it.

About half way through the box of 250 I decided that it had switched from fun to work. The gun ended up failing on the 247th round. I decided to give it one more chance anyway and took it to my third gunsmith. He cleaned a bunch of gunk out of the firing pin channel and replaced some worn parts in the slide for cheap (the first 2 should have caught that). I ended up keeping the G-26 and bought a manual so I can now do those cheap repairs myself. The "work" was worth it keep a great gun.

Dauff

I had a Glock 26 for 8 years - I NEVER could stop shooting low and left with that trigger. I've prev had a G17,G19,G26 and G34., The stock lighter trigger on the G34 was the ONLY Glock that I didn't shoot low and left.

The Glock is a great gun - but I discovered the P99 - and now I have a P99 compact. I sold my G26 in 2005 and got that P99c. Love it.

Been considering a G26 myself (I have a G19, G17).
    I had a full size P99 some time ago.. I prefer the Glock trigger myself.
    NRA Instructor/RSO/Coach/Recruiter
    www.mallardspring.com
    Fenix, Olight, Nitecore, AMK, Leatherman, Condor, Maxpedition
    Forum Member 8% Discount code dccwms8

Congratulations on the new 26! I love Glocks, and a G26 with night sights will be my very next gun purchase....can't wait.
    G17, G26

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil...

I will actually be picking up an OD green 26 from my FFL today. Hopefully I'll be as pleased as you.

I got a 27 last year. The second time I was at the range with it a guy was there who just got the 26. We both shot each other's guns and I think I liked the shooting of the 26 better. It's a little less snappy than the 27 although I don't mind the snappiness all that much. Ive been carrying a 19 for awhile now but will switch back to the 27 when it gets warmer out. Just a little easier to hide for me that the 19.
    Benjamin Franklin once said, "he that would supplant a little liberty for a little safety deserves neither".

Quote Originally Posted by NEtracker View Post
    Been considering a G26 myself (I have a G19, G17).
    I had a full size P99 some time ago.. I prefer the Glock trigger myself.
    If you have a G17,and a G19, I believe it is required by law to also have a G26 to be 'complete'...

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar
    The G26 is a good gun and plan to hang onto it. I've always had a soft spot for it due to its "cute" profile!
    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

Links