Any Way To Talk Me Out Of A P-3AT?

This is a discussion on Any Way To Talk Me Out Of A P-3AT? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Tomorrow's "Buy A Gun Friday" and I was thinking about a P-3AT plus a few boxes of DPX's and Golden Sabers. Any reason not to? ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Any Way To Talk Me Out Of A P-3AT?

Any Way To Talk Me Out Of A P-3AT?

Tomorrow's "Buy A Gun Friday" and I was thinking about a P-3AT plus a few boxes of DPX's and Golden Sabers. Any reason not to?
    Thanks.
    Freedom of speech does not excuse one from freedom of thought.

2. Remove Ads

I don't own any Kel-tecs, but if it fills a role you need in your CCW arsenal, I say go for it.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

new gun friday

can"t think of any reason not to.
    (SHERIFF BUFORD T. JUSTICE) "what the hell is
    the world coming too"

NRA LIFE MEMBER

U.S. ARMY FT.SILL, OKLA.

Administrator
    Don't dry fire it.

See if the dealer that you buy it from will be willing to hand cycle a magazine full of cartridges through it for you before you plunk your money down for it.
    The dealer might do it if he/she knows that you're seriously wanting to purchase it.

If rounds will hand cycle through it then you can pretty much bet that it will feed and function OK for you.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

I have the 'first gen'(.380)...have had it for over 5 years...never a problem...I'd buy another just to have a perfect pocket stuffer...

I actually have the .32 and P-11 also...none have giving me problems...but they are not 'fun range guns'.

Stay armed...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Kel Tec - The BIC lighters of handguns.
    Keep emotionally active. Cater to your favorite neurosis.

I think you will find that the P3AT (or Ruger LCP) makes a perfect pocket pistol that can always be with you. It is not a target gun to spend all day at the range, rather it is more of a shoot little, carry a lot, close in defense pistol.
    God bless our troops!

Distinguished Member Array Gideon's Avatar
    I wouldn't try to, but would suggest you at least look at the Ruger LCP to see which of the two you like better. I have both. 1st gen P3AT was a nightmare but it helped prove that keltec has oustanding customer service. The 2nd generation was a good gun for me! But I do like the looks of the LCP better and I think it's got better fit and finish and feels just a tad better in the hand because it's a hair wider.

They (P3AT or LCP) are the perfect little pocket pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by Air,Land&Sea View Post
    Tomorrow's "Buy A Gun Friday" and I was thinking about a P-3AT plus a few boxes of DPX's and Golden Sabers. Any reason not to?
    Thanks.
    If you were fighting for your life, is that the gun you want to depend on?

If the answer is no, don't buy it.

If the answer is yes, rethink it.

Distinguished Member Array Gideon's Avatar
    Mitchell does raise a valid question. If you can carry bigger, I would! I usually carry a Kahr 9mm or even a .38 +P, but I work in a business environment where I have to have a tucked shirt but we NEVER wear a coat. I won't use tuckable holsters becasue of the simple fact that the clips are exposed. In my humble opinion that ISN'T concealed carry. So I have a real need for a true pocket piece. The R9 is too much money, a bit heavy and too finicky for my tastes. A J frame is too bulky for a guy my size in dress pants, so that leaves a seecamp, or NAA guardian, or the P3AT/LCP.

I think it's better to have the P3AT or LCP than to have nothing at all but again, if you can wear any kind of cover garment that'll enable IWB carry, I would.

Distinguished Member Array snowdoctor's Avatar
    i like the idea of 'buy a gun friday'....I need to incorporate that more often.
    if the keltec fits your needs, then yes....I own one and it doesn't get much use anymore....I did not feel 100 percent comfortable with that firearm with my life.
    ----DOC-----

--people ask why I carry, and I show them this picture. I think it says it all.--

NRA Certified Instructor--many disciplines

If you were fighting for your life, and your gun is at home because it was too big to conceal adequately for your circumstances, you'll wish you had a keltec.

Make no mistake: It is not a combat pistol. It is, however, a pistol that works and is incredibly concealable. Although I prefer my XD, my P3AT gets a ton of carry time because of it's concealability.
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this mini documentary!
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

I use a Glock 19 in a C-TAC with C clips.

Blouse your shirt out a bit and it is invisible.

If the SHTF I want a battle rifle...but if I can't have that, I want a Glock 19.

Ex Member Array TacticalCompact's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gideon View Post
    Mitchell does raise a valid question. If you can carry bigger, I would! I usually carry a Kahr 9mm or even a .38 +P, but I work in a business environment where I have to have a tucked shirt but we NEVER wear a coat. I won't use tuckable holsters becasue of the simple fact that the clips are exposed. In my humble opinion that ISN'T concealed carry. So I have a real need for a true pocket piece. The R9 is too much money, a bit heavy and too finicky for my tastes. A J frame is too bulky for a guy my size in dress pants, so that leaves a seecamp, or NAA guardian, or the P3AT/LCP.

I think it's better to have the P3AT or LCP than to have nothing at all but again, if you can wear any kind of cover garment that'll enable IWB carry, I would.
    For you, though this is not the thread topic, I would recommend you try a good tuckable like the MTAC or CBreed Supertuck. I have the MTAC with velcro clips. They do not show as the belt covers the clips entirely.

Today I wore a polo with cargo shorts, tucked with my p40. Completely vanished with no clips visible whatsoever.

I purchased a KelTec P32 a weak ago, great gun for the price and it's THING as small.... you could conceal with with just about any clothing, situation and I hear the .380 version is almost the same size but has more kick.... Kahr as it's .380 coming out soon too.

I only fired 50 rounds through the keltec though and it seems reliable thus fare, also looks like a quality product for the price.

The P32 is only a BUG and deep concealment option (when the Sig P220 and P239 are not options) and I have to either get a pocket holster or a clip.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links