I break pistols

This is a discussion on I break pistols within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So far, I have been shooting with CCW9mm three times. Seems like every time I shoot one of his handguns, I break it. Always the ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I break pistols

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar

I break pistols

So far, I have been shooting with CCW9mm three times. Seems like every time I shoot one of his handguns, I break it. Always the same way, too. The firing mechanism fails to engage somehow and all I get is a trigger pull with nothing happening.

The first one was his CZ which never malfunctioned. When I shot it a spring or something broke in the firing mechanism. It is now at the gunsmith. Today he brought a Kel-Tec. Flawless when he shot it, but on my fourth round, the firing mechanism malfunctioned. Again on the 6th.

He shot my Glocks without a hitch.

I am just bad luck I guess.

So anyone wanna go shooting next weekend??
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

2. Remove Ads

Darn, bad timing. I have to uh, wash the car, fix the sink, and uh paint the house. Sorry, maybe next time.
    Glock 27
    BENELLI NOVA

Ex Member Array TacticalCompact's Avatar
    Yeah sorry, but I've got to pick up the dog poo all day both days of the weekend.

I'm being kidnapped by a mexican drug gang and held for ransom on that day
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

VIP Member
    Would love to go shooting with you, I have a special bullseye T shirt you can wear!

Sure, let me know when you'll be in the U.P. of Michigan. I'll introduce you to one of my Baer's or Sigs.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

I used to shoot my friend Larry's guns and they either broke or malfunctioned in some weird way. He called me a jinx!!! Now I get even by shooting his finely cast bullets that he molds himself in his cases with his powder and primers. Call me a jinx? Maybe a jerk but not a jinx. john

Quote Originally Posted by exactlymypoint View Post
    Umm..

I gota see that guy about that thing
    In God we trust, Everyone else we monitor...

Senior Member Array Hydrashok Glock's Avatar
    Hey i comletly know the feeling. When ever i pick up ZR271CUDAS guns i eith malfunction them or jam them. LOL I swear it not me. I dont know wha is going on.
    The choices you make today define you of who you are tommorow

When you see the light at the end of the tunnel your life is not over..... it is just about to begin

COPS Protective Services

Distinguished Member Array Tally XD's Avatar
    Boy! I hope you dont have this kind of luck in a situation where your life depends on your gun actually NOT breaking!
    I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry.
    - Barack Obama Chicago Tribune, April 27, 2004

I will let you come over and shoot my rubber band gun.
    Have Fun and Shoot Straight !!

So far, I have been shooting with CCW9mm three times. Seems like every time I shoot one of his handguns, I break it. Always the same way, too. The firing mechanism fails to engage somehow and all I get is a trigger pull with nothing happening.
    My name is ccw9mm. I bring guns to be broken.

Where's a good 12-Step Program when you need one?

It would be funny if it weren't so expensive. I need some sort of gunsmith insurance policy. I wonder what sort of score the actuarial types in "Hartford" will assign to my application? Ah, me.

I dearly love the CZ P-01 and it has been nearly flawless since new. At the gunsmith, apparently the only issue was a loosening of a screw related to the spring steel piece that keeps the magazine release in its spot. That backed out enough to allow something to interfere with the "trigger bar," such that pulling the trigger failed to move the hammer. The gunsmith's taking it through its paces but has yet to find anything else wrong. So, it should be back soon. (I imagine this is simply a LocTite "Red" type of deal, but we'll see.)

The KelTec P3AT I have just broke, as well. A piece of the polymer about the size of my pinkie fingernail came came off in my hand when I last field stripped it. Haven't determined exactly what the formal function of that piece is, but the gun no longer fires and the slide won't operate properly. So, it's toast. It's currently sitting in a ZipLoc bag in the safe, labeled as "toast -- unk."

The KelTec PF-9 that I recently purchased cheaply and on a whim decided to show its colors, with exceedingly light strikes on the primer. By comparison, the M1 Carbine we played with had very deep, perfect primer strikes. The PF-9 exhibits a strange change in the distance required to reset the trigger, too. Doesn't seem tied to anything, but on one round the reset will be Glock-like in the distance of travel required, whereas on the next round it'll be nearly to full extension. Bad, bad, bad. Needs a little further exploration, but I don't think it will last long in the safe.

You know, if it weren't for the fact that I simply cannot easily manipulate the Glock or SIG slide release, I'd be all over the Glock 19 and 26, or even the SIG 239. But that sort of failure in need could be damaging to my health. (The left hand isn't what it once was, due to damage to fingers about ~15yrs ago, so the controls on a defensive pistol need to be larger and easily manipulated, for me.)

exactlymypoint, one thing that I didn't mention is the new NAA 380 Guardian that I've got. It has yet to be broken in, but we'll play with it next time. I double-dog dare ya to find the same problem in this one. If you do, buddy, I'm calling your wife to complain.

I'm good with that. NAA 380 Guardian, anyone?
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Distinguished Member

Man, I'd love to but gotta floss my teeth and fluff my shower cap.
    "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." Eccl. 10:2

Distinguished Member Array SonofASniper's Avatar
    Hey I might be game to hook up with the two of you some time.

One nice thing about Exactly My Point breaking your guns is that it happened at the range rather than at a crucial time when you needed them.
    I will support gun control when you can guarantee all guns are removed from this planet. That includes military and law enforcement. When you can accomplish that, then I will be the last person to lay down my gun. Then I will carry the weapon that replaces the gun.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    I'm calling your wife to complain.
    I thought he was still looking fo Mrs. Right??!!??
    Last edited by Captain Crunch; May 25th, 2008 at 12:23 AM. Reason: Fixed quote tags.
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a
    patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links