Glock 26 with a twist

Glock 26 with a twist

This is a discussion on Glock 26 with a twist within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just picked up my latest purchase earlier today. It's a Glock 26 with an OD green frame, which I haven't seen many of. I ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glock 26 with a twist

Glock 26 with a twist

I just picked up my latest purchase earlier today. It's a Glock 26 with an OD green frame, which I haven't seen many of. I sold my sub compact XD9 to get this gun and so far it seems like a good trade. I haven't fired the Glock yet but it feels better in my hand than the XD and I feel the sights are better as well. It's easier to put the front dot in the field goal posts than it is to line up with the other two dots like the XD. Don't get me wrong I loved my xd, it was my primary carry for quite a while but after doing quite a bit of reading and research I figured it was time for a change. I will be shooting the Glock tomorrow so I hope to be able to post a range report of my own. Here is a decent pic but the frame is more green than the picture shows.

Nice, you'll love it!
    Glock 26 Owner
    Ubuntu 8.04 User
    Firefox User

Very nice looking handgun. I had a 26 that I wish that I had kept. Very reliable and easy to conceal.

All of my Glocks are all black. I must admit that at first I thought that the OD green frames were ugly, but now they have grown on me.

Good luck.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

Quote Originally Posted by XD9mm View Post
    I sold my sub compact XD9 to get this gun and so far it seems like a good trade.
    Definately a step in the right direction. Now you just need to have your username changed

I don't have any green or tan Glocks but I do think they look kinda cool...just 'cause they're different I guess.
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    I am going to switch from carrying a Glock 27 to a 26. They are a pleasure to shoot...and they don't break.

Enjoy your new toy.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

I've owned mine for about 6 months now (I think). I've found that I'm shoot the 26 almost as well as my Glock 19. I had shot the XD 9sc and the M&P 9c sometime ago and after shooting the Glock 26 I did not think twice about buying the Glock 26.

The Glock 26 is a great size carry gun... very light, reliable and an excellent size. You made a great choice.
    Be Observant and Be Safe.

Current: S&W 442, Springfield XD9sc, XDm9, and Glock G26, G19, G23C,
    and SIG P226-40 TT, and Ruger GP-100, and Beretta 92FS
    Former: Taurus 92SS, SIG P220 TT, S&W 360, SIG P239-40, Ruger 22/45 MKII

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar
    Congrats on the new G26. I've had mine for a few weeks now, and am pleased with it. I originally planned to ankle carry it, but found that to be not for me, so I'm still searching for a carry holster. I wanted to use it for a BUG, but that may not work out for me, because all the holsters I find comfortable all attach to my belt, so may just use the G26 as a summer primary and keep the G19 mags for reloads.
    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

You will love it's reliability.

B52
    Nothing beats Glock's reliability!

Thanks guys, this a great little shooter. I got a chance to put 100 rounds through it this morning and at various distances this thing is dead on. The sights, the trigger, the feel of it in my hand is leaps and bounds ahead of the XD imo.

So much for your screen name! Lol. Congrats on the new gun!!

Wht
    “They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security” Benjamin Franklin
    I'm not pro gun, I'm pro rights. What are you?

NRA
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by wht06rado View Post
    So much for your screen name! Lol. Congrats on the new gun!!

Wht
    Ha, yeah I guess now would be a good time to contact a mod. to get that changed.

I put about 100 assorted WWB, Silvertip, and Black Hills +P through my G-26 this morning. One of the Black Hills failed to extract.

I'll order a new extractor today and hope that will not happen again. It will be the 3rd extractor in 10 years.

Dauff

I really like the Tan/Green/whatever it is Glocks. "With a twist" is a pretty good way to put it!

I cannot say enough good things about my G26. Marvelous gun.

Excellent choice and I must admit that I have not seen a green one except in pictures, but I have seen one in tan, nice, really nice.
    God bless our troops!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links