Pachmayr grip for square butt K frame ??

This is a discussion on Pachmayr grip for square butt K frame ?? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; To aid in ease of concealment, I've been wanting to get a smaller rubber grip for my 2" M10. I have a Hogue Monogrip that ...

Thread: Pachmayr grip for square butt K frame ??

Pachmayr grip for square butt K frame ??

To aid in ease of concealment, I've been wanting to get a smaller rubber grip for my 2" M10. I have a Hogue Monogrip that is just too big. While perusing Pachmayr's website, I noticed that their compac and compac professional grips only come in the round butt flavor. Would I still be able to use them with my square butt frame?

Thanks

Jeff
    “Laws that forbid the carrying of arms . . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes . . .
    ----- Thomas Jefferson

NRA member

2. Remove Ads

simple answer, NO, but, you can have your "square butt" converted to "round butt" I've done it here at the shop for myself as well as for a few customers. I believe gander mountain charges about $100 for the conversion.
    no such thing as "knock down power"......
    only "knock down accuracy"!!
    lawyers are the only ones counting the misses ACCURACY FIRST!!

Round butt grips will not fit a square butt frame.

Thats what I figured. I was looking at some schematics of the round and square butts and it just looked like it might work. Oh well. Now Im left wondering why Pachmayr doesn't have at least one set of relatively compact rubber grips for a square butt frame.
    “Laws that forbid the carrying of arms . . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes . . .
    ----- Thomas Jefferson

NRA member

Jeff, I carried a K frame as a duty gun for many years. Pachmayr used to carry a fairly compact grip for the square butt, but it was still larger than the factory grips. Your best solution is to use a Tyler T grip. The Tyler will improve your grip without adding to the overall dimensions of the gun.

Here's you a photo of my old Colt PP with Tyler T grip so you can see how it works.

GC
    If you want to conceal the gun, IMHO rubber grips aren't the best answer anyway. They tend to grab clothing and "print" because they are "tacky" and stick to the outer layer. Personally, I like the factory Magna's and a Tyler T, or, wooden grips by Ahrends or some other good quality maker.

Quote Originally Posted by GC View Post
    If you want to conceal the gun, IMHO rubber grips aren't the best answer anyway. They tend to grab clothing and "print" because they are "tacky" and stick to the outer layer. Personally, I like the factory Magna's and a Tyler T, or, wooden grips by Ahrends or some other good quality maker.
    A big plus1. You really don't need rubber grips with the model 10. I have a 4 inch one and the recoil is pretty tame. I put round to square grips on all my round butt revolvers. I also like Ahrends grips.

used to have a S&W mdl 13 4" - pachmayer "gripper" was what I used - still run across a set now and again

Distinguished Member Array JerryM's Avatar
    We are not all in agreement about rubber grips.
    I have used the Pachmayer Compact grips for my three J- Frame Smiths for probably 10 years.
    I do not find them more difficult to conceal or that they grab my clothing. But they sure do tame the recoil, and that is especially true of the M60 3 inch and M642 .357 mags.

It think that if it can be done one should try them and make a decision after that.
    I have for about a week been carrying my M60 in a holster made by Bluegrass. The gun has a set of Pachmayer Gripper grips. They are longer but flatter, and the gun disappears under an untucked shirt or coat.
    I would not be without the rubber grips on those guns.
    Welcome to Pachmayr

Regards,
    Jerry

Links