USP vs. USP compact?

USP vs. USP compact?

This is a discussion on USP vs. USP compact? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; a few weeks ago i shot a usp compact that a friend owns. it was chambered in .357 sig and i absolutely loved it. i ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: USP vs. USP compact?

USP vs. USP compact?

a few weeks ago i shot a usp compact that a friend owns. it was chambered in .357 sig and i absolutely loved it. i was fairly accurate with it( as i haven't shot a pistol larger than .22 in years, due to lack of oppurtunity), i kept all 10-12 rounds in a 6 by 6 square. it also felt really good in my hand. but as i was looking around the gun shop i saw that usp's were a bit cheaper than compacts, so my question is: is there much of a difference in feel, recoil, and ability to carry? this will be my first handgun other than what my father has owned, so i want to make a good choice.

Well i cant say a whole lot as i dotn own a compact but there a little smaller than the fullsize only bad thing is 357sig isnt chambered in the fullsize if that is caliber you want

sorry, i forgot to mention that i plan on getting whichever gun i decide on chambered in .40 s&w

Lead Moderator
    having shot both, I feel the compact isn't all that much smaller, and you lose some sight radius accuracy with the comp.

I have the Compact in 40 cal Variant 1 setup. It shoots VERY well, and never a hiccup during shooting sessions.

I have a full size USP45. LOVE it. You should try the 45 out also if you get the chance :)
    "There are more things on this planet with fangs, claws, poisons, and scales, than there are things that are warm, fuzzy, and full of love. It's just a simple fact." - James Keating

Quote Originally Posted by Justin
    I have a full size USP45. LOVE it. You should try the 45 out also if you get the chance :)
    i would love to get a usp.45, but aren't they about $200 more than the rest of the calibers?

Not Around here there usually same price as other calibers

well I live in south texas, and i haven't even found a dealer for HK in my city.....I guess i'll have to go back to my home town for my purchase.

any of you usp owners have anything mounted on your handguns, such as lights or accessories? i have read that the rail is not (insert proper term that escapes me) the same as other handguns with rails, therefore making it hard to find accessories that work. not that i am going to run around with a surefire on at the range, but it would be nice for any possible late night encounters in my home.

you can buy a light to fit it or get the adapter so that the light that fits everything else will fit it also

Senior Member Array firefighter4884's Avatar
    Mr. Orange,

When I bought my first handgun about 3 months ago (after NJ cleared me to do so...I bought an HK USPc .40) I LOVE IT. I've had a very minor issue with the aftermarket sites, because you can't get Night Sites from the factory, but over all, I'm very very happy.

I recently got to shoot an HK USP .40, and for some reason, it just felt cheaper then my Compact. I dunno...

--Jim
    Firefighter / EMT - Always Ready. Ever Willing.

~Never do anything that you don't want to have to explain to the paramedics...~

Lead Moderator
    While the HK USP rails are not 1913 standard, you can find adapters or lights to fit em. Perhaps the p2000 might be a better choice for a cCW piece, and the rails are standard size.

well i did think about a p2000, but aren't they a bit smaller, i have rather large hands and want something that will give me a positive fell when i draw it. also i don't think it would be an issue as i usually wear loose fitting clothes.
    Guns don't kill people, Husbands that come home early kill people.

P2000 is smaller but has interchangeable back straps to beeter fit your hand i have a big hand and thought it fit well

Saw a Browning "Pro 40" pistol in 40S&W. Stainless slide with Polymer frame. 14 shot Sig 229 style frame. (same size as the Sig 229) Decocker in rear of slide that doubles as a condition 1 safety as in the 1911 series. VERY nice package indeed. Came with two hi caps and removable backstrap to change angle of grips (like the SW 99/ Walther 99 series ) Retail was 549.95 New.. might want to check it out
    http://www.shootingtimes.com/newproducts/browning_1030/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links