Market Heating Up for Small Guns?

This is a discussion on Market Heating Up for Small Guns? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by David in FL A sad, sad, day that I remember well, many years ago now.......the day they took away my beloved 1911 ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Market Heating Up for Small Guns?

Quote Originally Posted by David in FL View Post
    A sad, sad, day that I remember well, many years ago now.......the day they took away my beloved 1911 and gave me an M9 to replace it.

Nothing horribly wrong with the Beretta mind you, I just shoot a 1911 a lot better due to my dinky-little-girl-fingers.....
    Luckily, I retired before they could take away my 1911! And, it is still my "main man!" My brother-in-law keeps telling me that I should get a Beretta 92. Says it's a wonderful gun. I say, "Why!"
    Gene
    Shooting for over 60 years!

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by MOUNTAINEER View Post
    Luckily, I retired before they could take away my 1911! And, it is still my "main man!" My brother-in-law keeps telling me that I should get a Beretta 92. Says it's a wonderful gun. I say, "Why!"
    I'd be very careful around a brother-in-law that would offer that kind of advice........ There's no telling what nonsense he'd come up with next!

Quote Originally Posted by wht06rado View Post

Very true! It ALWAYS goes to the lowest bidder!

Wht
    +1

While you'd think the equipment with the ability to do a job best would get the highest priority, it's actually the "bottom line" that really decides who and what gets the contract when dealing with most government and corporate agencies. That's why you see so many LEO's with GLOCKS and why the military's standard issue pistol is NOT the SIG! Both the GLOCK and the Beretta are adequate pistols for the job, but even those that use them will (but often not without prodding) admit there are better choices available.

As for the popularity of small, easily concealed pistols, that is nothing new. Pocket pistols have been around for 200 years. Small revolvers have been popular since before the Civil War as well as the derringer, which still remains popular as a deep concealment, hide out weapon. Remember, it was a derringer that was used by Booth to kill Lincoln while Sirhan Sirhan and John Hinckley used small .22 revolvers to shoot RFK and Reagan! What's changed in the past decade is the ability of gun makers to make small framed, reasonably powerful and reliable semi-auto pistols that can now fill the role that had been reserved for those small revolvers and derringers.
    "... Americans... we want a safe home, to keep the money we make and shoot bad guys." -- Denny Crane

I'd love to have a small pistol for a backup gun.... unfortunately have the same problem as everyone else...need more money.
    Criminals For Gun Control
    Brady's Campaign Pro-Gun Forum

Member: NRA, PG-NH, GO-NH
    Life Member: JPFO, GOA
    Clubs: LF&GC

Everyone should have a BUG, even if it's a tiny mouse gun... at lest if your gun had a serious malfunction/BG wrestled it away etc, you have a 2nd option.
    http://www.bloombergfightbackfund.com/
    Sig P220R/Sig P239 (9mm)/ S&W 640/ Ruger Single Six Hunter (.22LR/Mag)/ CZ 452 Varmint .22LR/ Lee Enfield No4 MK2 sporterized dated 1959/ Mosin Nagant M90-30 dated 1942/

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links