I dropped my RIA 45 and.... - Page 4

I dropped my RIA 45 and....

This is a discussion on I dropped my RIA 45 and.... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by doobie holy cow... Kinda makes me like that some states mandate that a gun has to be dropped from a fairly high ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I dropped my RIA 45 and....

Quote Originally Posted by doobie View Post
    holy cow... Kinda makes me like that some states mandate that a gun has to be dropped from a fairly high height and not go off if it wants to be sold there. Wait a minute, no I don't.

Glad you are ok.
    Actually this is one of the guns that had to pass the drop test to be sold in california.I've been dropping the gun on carpet to see if the hammer might of dropped but it's staying cocked with the safety in fire position,I think it's a case where the gun hit perfectly to cause a ND,might of been an extremely soft primer.Anytime a gun goes bang when I don't pull the trigger makes me want to make sure it won't repeat it in the future
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Very, VERY lucky nothing worse happened, as CHL owners we have to live in Yellow, and we must always be careful with our weapon ... Duh!
    "Eternity is Too Long to be Wrong"

Texas CHL Instructor & Holder & Utah CFP Instructor
    NRA Instructor & Life Member
    Member TSRA, USCCA, TCHA
    Christian, Heterosexual, Pro-2A, Pro-Life, Conservative, Common Sense American

Truly glad to hear that you were not hurt any worse than that! From now on, I will try to be extra careful when using the toilet, especially in a public restroom.
    God bless our troops!

H...S...
    That is scary. Glad you're ok.
    Benjamin Franklin once said, "he that would supplant a little liberty for a little safety deserves neither".

WOW that sounds like one hell of a scare! Im glad to see that you came out of it all without too much damage. I have the same setup (1911 in a Crossbreed ST) so I will be paying ULTRA close attention when holstering after hearing your story.

Stay safe...

Matt
    -----------------------
    -SW1911
    -Sig P229
    -M&P 40c
    -Glock 30 SF

I pulled the firing pin and spring out of my SA1911-A1 and my RIA 1911,the SA firing pin felt like it was stronger than the RIA spring,not only that but the SA spring is 3/4 inch longer than the RIA spring,I'm sure the SA 1911 could pass a 10 foot drop test on the barrel but I bet with a 3/4 inch shorter and weaker spring the RIA couldn't,It failed a 3ft drop accident,I intend to notify armscor corp on monday if anybody has the number for customer service I would appreciate it
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"

Distinguished Member Array Dakotaranger's Avatar
    1911auto.org has this posted:

raywjr@armscor.net
    775-537-1444
    "[T]he people are not to be disarmed of their weapons.
    They are left in full possession of them."

Zacharia Johnson (speech in the Virginia Ratifying Convention,25 June 1778)"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." ~Alexander Hamilton

Thanks for the info

Let us know what they say...their customer support has gotten rave reviews.

-JT

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    I pulled the firing pin and spring out of my SA1911-A1 and my RIA 1911,the SA firing pin felt like it was stronger than the RIA spring,not only that but the SA spring is 3/4 inch longer than the RIA spring,I'm sure the SA 1911 could pass a 10 foot drop test on the barrel but I bet with a 3/4 inch shorter and weaker spring the RIA couldn't,It failed a 3ft drop accident,I intend to notify armscor corp on monday if anybody has the number for customer service I would appreciate it
    that's why i said 3 pages back to post it at m1911.org. there are 2 customer service representatives over there that see every post in the Armscor forum. the president of the U.S. part of Armscor even responded to one of my posts once to tell me that i had a rare pistol. they would already be all over this if you would have posted over there.

Quote Originally Posted by WilliamWallace View Post
    that's why i said 3 pages back to post it at m1911.org. there are 2 customer service representatives over there that see every post in the Armscor forum. the president of the U.S. part of Armscor even responded to one of my posts once to tell me that i had a rare pistol. they would already be all over this if you would have posted over there.
    I have posted in m1911.org and I emailed factory rep I think due to weekend they are away from work but I expect a reply tomorrow,thanks fer info

VIP Member

Yup

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyC4 View Post
    We just put new tile in one bathroom last week...my wife would shoot ME if I punched a hole in that floor!

Whew...glad it turned out as well as it did for you.
    We are tiling ours next week. After, I would be better off "gettin real hurt" in a AD, than letting the tile get damaged---'cause Mrs. will finish what the gun didn't do.'

Seriously, glad you weren't seriously damaged. Tile can be replaced. You can't.

Always remember, put people before things.

OD*
    Quote Originally Posted by WilliamWallace View Post
    I PM'd dukalmighty their info, anyone else with conserns;
    Ray Witham Jr. - User Name: LVSHOOTER - Email: raywjr@armscor.net

Ivan J. Walcott - User Name: ArmscorBA - Email: ivan@armscor.net
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, donít give them a tomorrow."

Glad to hear your okay except for the cut. How old is the firing pin spring and how many rounds on it?
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

Glad you're OK. Is the bullet in the floor? Or did it ricochet somewhere? (Or did I miss where the answer is already given?)
    "None who have always been free can understand
    the terrible fascinating power of the hope of freedom
    to those who are not free."

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links