Too many guns?

This is a discussion on Too many guns? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; After you reach ten you can begin to think about this too many guns thing....

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Too many guns?

After you reach ten you can begin to think about this too many guns thing.

2. Remove Ads

My only regrets in life are the guns I got rid of. Don't make that mistake, you have a good base to start your collection. With politics the way they are, stockpile guns , reloading supplies and ammo. The day may come that you won't be able to buy them.

My son laughs at me. I originally told him that I couldn't see me with more than a couple of guns. Of course that was at least a couple of guns ago.
    You need at least one in every caliber. Then you can start diff sizes, compacts, sub compacts, full size, tactical!

Too many??? I dont understand!

9 months ago I owned handgun and two bolt action rifles, but know I own three handguns a shottie, "Assualt Weapon" and two bolt action rifles.

four new guns and $2,800 in 9 months, and I'm just getting started. Just dont tell my wife! Oh and I got her to buy me a 28 gun safe, Big mistake on her part! now I have to fill it, darn the bad luck.
    Last edited by Gomer; June 7th, 2008 at 12:13 PM. Reason: grammer

I'll agree with others, no such thing as too many. I have two hand guns, that will increase, I live in a state that requires one purchase a month. I also have a shot gun, haven't fired it yet, and a Russian M44, and an Enfield Ishapore on the way.
    BTW, one of my hand guns is a CZ P-06, see avatar, quite accurate, at a decent price.

2 years ago I was very content with a shotgun and a little .22. Somehow I hit 30 guns yesterday. Got a 36 gun safe for christmas and it's already almost full

This thread just talked me into the Walther PPK/S that I don't need.
    Freedom of speech does not excuse one from freedom of thought.

Let's see right now... I have two for home defense, and three for carry - all of which are great at the range. It's always good to have more than one option when it comes to carrying. So, right now I like a total of five handguns, but that can change tomorrow when the next magazine comes out, or I get another itch.
    Be Observant and Be Safe.

Current: S&W 442, Springfield XD9sc, XDm9, and Glock G26, G19, G23C,
    and SIG P226-40 TT, and Ruger GP-100, and Beretta 92FS
    Former: Taurus 92SS, SIG P220 TT, S&W 360, SIG P239-40, Ruger 22/45 MKII

Distinguished Member Array Colin's Avatar
    You never have to many guns, but you can have to few gun safes. When your guns fall out of the safe everytime you open it, it's time to buy a new safe.

Senior Member Array Phillep Harding's Avatar
    If you don't mind some suggestions:

You are more likely to need a spare if your regular carry gun is in the evidence locker so get at least two of what you carry, or one quality and one clone. Keep a spare somewhere safe, but maybe not in your home.

Either get guns with just one layout, or practice a LOT with all the different style guns so you know how to operate them just by the feel of what you have in your hand. You don't want to burn up a case of ammo a week with a gun with a "push up to shoot" safety, and carry a hardly ever fired gun that requires "push down to shoot".

Oddly, I've never had trouble switching between a revolver and a pistol. Strange.

My new Keltec P11 will be here first part of next week,Don't ever make the mistake of telling you're significant other when she says you never take me anywhere anymore and you tell her you would rather spend time with her at home and enjoy her company without all the distractions and then a couple days later show her the new gun you just bought that you been saving all you're extra money for
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Yes, Virginia...there is a point when you have too many guns...

If are required to sleep in the garage because there is no room in the house.....then you have almost too many, so you buy a bigger house....

If your wife leaves you for a guy with a bigger gun...then you have too many little guns.....

If you have to tow a trailer when you ccw....then you have too many until you get a trailer for the trailer....

I could go own but I am sure .....you say....NO already.
    http://www.treasureislandbedandbreakfast.com
    Ed Brown Kobra Carry | HK P7M8, P2000sk, P30s | Sig P238, P239SAS, 1911 C3, P232, P938 | Colt Defender, Mustang Pocketlite, 1911 | Rohrbaugh R9 | Kimber Covert Ultra II | Browning HP, Buckmark 22LR(suppressed| Walter PPK(1966) | Kahr PM9 Black Rose |

Senior Member Array Phillep Harding's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    Don't ever make the mistake of telling you're significant other when she says you never take me anywhere anymore and you tell her you would rather spend time with her at home and enjoy her company without all the distractions and then a couple days later show her the new gun you just bought that you been saving all you're extra money for
    That wouldn't be experience talking, now would it?

Naw, you'd never do something dumb like that.

(heheheheheh)

Never mind the bullet proof vest, you need a skillet proof helmet.

Quote Originally Posted by raevan View Post
    My only regrets in life are the guns I got rid of. Don't make that mistake, you have a good base to start your collection. With politics the way they are, stockpile guns , reloading supplies and ammo. The day may come that you won't be able to buy them.

True, and the day may come sooner than we think. That is why we need to stock up on guns and ammo this year!
    God bless our troops!

Quote Originally Posted by SonofASniper View Post
    Never too many guns. Never.
    I agree. I seem to get new ones and say "that's the last one for a while" and then I find something else I want. It just never stops.

Wht
    “They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security” Benjamin Franklin
    I'm not pro gun, I'm pro rights. What are you?

NRA
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links