Defensive Carry banner

Too many guns?

5K views 63 replies 56 participants last post by  LongRider 
#1 ·
Just a quick question for the group. I live in Portland (not in a bad area) and started carrying a Kahr PM9 for my CCW of choice. I like to go to the range and shoot, but need a better "range gun", so I am going to purchase a nice Kimber .45 for target and home defense. I also ordered the Ruger LCP .380 for pocket carry. I think I might be "overloaded". Should I sell my Kahr PM9 and just have the Ruger for CCW and the Kimber for home/range use? Or, is there a good reason to keep the Kahr (maybe another place in the house? Maybe a backup in the car?). Suggestions? Thanks...

#4 ·
I am not certain there is such a thing as too many guns. If there is, I am certain it is not 3!!!!!

#5 ·
If something happend God Forbid, you'd loose your primary for a while. Or one of your other firearms breaks and has to spend time with a gunsmith you are down to two.

The long and short is there isn't too many as long as you can afford another.

#6 ·
Good points! I didn't think about the fact that I might have one being fixed. Thanks for the quick replies! I'll keep the Kahr as a backup (and maybe use it as primary CCW in rough areas and also carry the Ruger LCP as a BUG). I'm sure I'll post more later that says "So... Is 5 too many". LOL!

#8 ·
Right now I have 2 handguns, 3 shotguns, and a 22 rifle. There are 3 more handguns that I want to get. I would like to get an AR, and a good hunting rifle. After I get all of those I'm sure there will be something else I will want. :image035: So you can never have too many guns.

#9 ·
Never too many guns. Never.

#45 ·
I agree. I seem to get new ones and say "that's the last one for a while" and then I find something else I want. It just never stops. :comeandgetsome:

Wht :hand10:

#11 ·
The more options the better. Having to many or too much is a myth.

#15 ·
you got me beat,I got 9 handguns and like 25 or 26 guns altogether,I bought 4 guns in the last 6 weeks 3 handguns,nope 3 is a good start,you will always find something to fill that niche

#16 ·
You guys are depressing me. I can barely afford practice ammo, let alone padding my lead tossing options.

#17 ·
NEVER SELL you will regret it later! I'm in the 20+ range:hand5:
Get some more!

#19 ·
What is this nonsense, too many guns. They are like shoes, you need various types for all different situations.

BTW, if any of you out there feel you have too many guns, just PM me and I will let you know where you can send the extra ones to for safe keeping. :danceban:

#25 ·
3 guns is a start, but it is only the beginning!

I say buy a REALLY big safe...and don't stop til its full. Only once said safe is full shall you be justified in buying additional safes for filling :smile:

Matt

#26 ·
LOL.....I just got back into shooting last fall, and I own a G21 and G17, each carried regularly. My next gun purchase (hopefully sometime this summer) will be a G26, for a BUG and to give me an option for summer carry. I'm a blue collar working stiff, so it takes quite a bit for me to come up with $500 to $600 for a gun purchase.

Once I get to a point where I can swing the purchase of a gun that I probably won't carry very much, I'd like to get a Beretta 92FS. And from there, who knows? Fortunately, there really aren't any decent gun shops in the area, so I'm not tempted very much.

One thing I would suggest is to choose carry guns with the same manual of arms. I have practiced and trained quite a bit with my Glocks now (and the XD I once owned, which was similar), and for that reason, I would be pretty uncomfortable carrying something with an external hammer and external safety lever.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.