Seecamps

This is a discussion on Seecamps within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; What's the general opinion on them I've got one in 32 acp but not convinced that it's got enough punch but I know that Idon't ...

Thread: Seecamps

Seecamps

What's the general opinion on them I've got one in 32 acp but not convinced that it's got enough punch but I know that Idon't want to be hit with it though.

2. Remove Ads

I've always wanted one for the "cool" factor, until I saw a 9mm Rohrbaugh.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

Distinguished Member Array ripley16's Avatar
    If you want a very small, lightweight hideaway, they are hard to beat for the reliability, quality and solid stainless steel durability you get. The one gun I can carry anywhere, anytime. Mine has given solid service for twenty years. I don't believe a better pocket gun exists.

As for the pistol:

LWS32 pistols are well made little pistols, perhaps the finest of the hide-out pistol niche, craftsmanship wise. As such, they've developed a loyal fan base. If you have one or are considering one I recommend a visit to the Seecamp forums for more information:

The L.W. Seecamp Company Forum - Index

As for the .32 acp:

It is what it is, which is a cartridge offering less than optimal performance regardless of whether it is packaged in as neat a little gun as the LWS32 is. It is better than nothing, though, and will do the job in a pinch. Which is why I imagine hide-outs exist to begin with other than as novelties.

And yes, I have one.
    God, country, family.

Got one here. I would not trade it for anything. It is so small and reliable. I can fire seven rounds in less than three seconds. It's not the most potent round, but it is better to have it than not.

Quote Originally Posted by flor1 View Post
    What's the general opinion on them I've got one in 32 acp but not convinced that it's got enough punch but I know that I don't want to be hit with it though.
    Sounds to me like you should probably get rid of it and get something more powerful. I'd be happy to help you out by taking it off your hands for $100.

I would consider it the weapon to carry when you arnt. I would jump up the horse power tho, at least a 9mm and most likely a 40 S&W. Good luck.
    "Eternity is Too Long to be Wrong"

Texas CHL Instructor & Holder & Utah CFP Instructor
    NRA Instructor & Life Member
    Member TSRA, USCCA, TCHA
    Christian, Heterosexual, Pro-2A, Pro-Life, Conservative, Common Sense American

I love mine. I carry it as a BUG, or by itself when I just can't carry a larger weapon.

As long as you recognize the limitations of the weapon and the round (and BTW, every gun/round has limitations), IMHO you won't find a better ultra-small, ultra-concealable carry piece. The quality of manufacture is head and shoulders above anything else on the market.

I'm waiting on an LWS380 right now. Not because I necessarily think that the .380 is that much better than the .32, but because my wife keeps stealing my LWS32 when I'm not paying attention!

They are well made guns, but for 1/2 the price I prefer the NAA Guardian, I have one in 32 and one in 380. The Guardians are very, very well made, mine have been 100% reliable. Here are the reasons I prefer them over a Seacamp or R9
    They are less sensitive to ammo, the Seecamp will only shoot high dollar SD rounds reliably.
    There are far more custom features offered by NAA, like gutter sniping, grip panels, special finsihes etc...
    The Guardians extra mags can be bought with finger extensions, this was a major feature for me since I have fairly large hands and I have the have the extension when shooting full house SD rounds.
    Did I mention they are 1/2 the cost of a Seecamp????
    My 380 is constantly with me, usually secondary to my G23, but when deep concealment is a priority I feel well protected with it playing primary, as long I'm not ghetto bound. The 32 with gutter sniping rides in my wife's purse. There really is very little difference between the two calibers out of these micro barrels. I don't carry HP in the 380 only FMJ.
    This is my opinion take it for what it's worth, it's not usually the popular one as Seecamp owners are usually very proud of their high dollar mouse guns, and there's nothing wrong with that. I'm just giving you something to think about.
    NCH
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

First class gun... too weak for personal carry this day and age... 380 is the absolute minimum and not 100% wild about this either but I will carry the litle LCP in a pinch. A lot more ft lbs. over the 32 percent wise

NCHornet,

Some of the information you wrote is not accurate.

The price difference between a Guardian .32 and a Seecamp LWS32 in negligable, currently both are a bit above $400. Both well made, competent guns.

The Seecamp 380 is more expensive, but Guardian 380 is much larger and heavier. If NAA could make a 10 ounce 380 it too would cost more. NAA has enough trouble making their 18 ounce 380 as it is.

The Seecamp 32 shoots a variety of ammo, to include Winchester White Box. They aren't as picky as some think. If it fits in the mag, it works. I routinely shoot about seven different brands.

Some people do customize their Seecamp, but not many, as it comes ready to use. I've often wondered, why folks buy a $400 NAA, turn around and upgrade it into a $700 custom job, and then complain about the price of the Seecamp. Go figure.

Magazine extentions are available for the Seecamp. If you want one you can have it.

Did I mention they are about the same price.

My intent is to be accurate, not start a them against us duel. They are both fine guns. There are enough differences between these two pistols to give folks a preferential choice, but that choice should be based in fact-- not fiction.

Do you know of any dealers in southeast VA who generally stock the Seecamps? I'm wanting to buy a good pocket gun, but all I've seen in the VB/Norfolk area is Kel Tec, Kahr and a few NAAs.

Quote Originally Posted by wagglebee View Post
    Do you know of any dealers in southeast VA who generally stock the Seecamps? I'm wanting to buy a good pocket gun, but all I've seen in the VB/Norfolk area is Kel Tec, Kahr and a few NAAs.
    The Seecamp website lists this one,

Green Top Sporting Goods
    10193 Washington Hwy
    Glen Allen, VA 23059
    (804) 550-2188
    info@greentophuntfish.com

The last time I was in Greentop they had at least one used and one new pistol on display. Priced at $399 and $450 I think.

Thanks. I'll give them a call before I drive up there. The last time I was there (about six months ago) they didn't have any.

Links