Kimber Ultra CDP II, SA EMP or STI Rogue for CCW

This is a discussion on Kimber Ultra CDP II, SA EMP or STI Rogue for CCW within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have read a few article about Kimber Ultra CDP II and Springfield Armory EMP and some comparison of them. Is there any article and ...

Thread: Kimber Ultra CDP II, SA EMP or STI Rogue for CCW

I have read a few article about Kimber Ultra CDP II and Springfield Armory EMP and some comparison of them. Is there any article and if anyone has experience with these and STI Rogue? Any advices / comments will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I do in fact own both the Kimber Ultra Carry CDP II and the Springfield EMP 9 mm. I bought them from my gun dealer as he just happened to have them in the case at one time after ordering them for 3 months.

As you know by now they look like sister and brother, right down to the grips. the Kimber is about 1/4" larger on the grips. (being .45 cal. expected)

They are both Custom Shop Guns. Both look and are identical on the inside when broken down. The mags (3) Mec-Gars that come with the EMP are just top notch, if not the best I have used of any mags. There is only one mag that comes with the Kimber a basic 1911 style. I purchased a Wilson Combat just for that gun and it works and looks great for $30.00. No other extra mags with the Kimber. Also with the EMP comes with a very usable "Geer" belt holster none with the Kimber. EMP also comes with a "Geer" double mag blet holder.

Both will run you about $1100.00. Just for your info: this week dealers just started getting the EMP in .40 if that fits your needs.

These are both just excellent shooting weapons and I have never had a feed problem with either. I have shot Gold Dots, Hornady, Golden Sabre and Winchester Silver Tip Hollow Points. along with nornal range ammo from Remington, Blazer and Winchester. My personal carry is the New Gold Dot Short Barrel 9mm +P for the EMP and Gold Dot 200 gr. +P for the Kimber.

My friend held the EMP for about 10 min. and has just ordered the 9 mm. Order time 2 weeks to 2 months. $1160.00

These Custom Shop Guns just have that feel of "Quality" and that good Racking sound you get... you just know these are at the top of the heap. No question in your mind will they do the job of protection! I hope you have experienced this feeling when you checked these guns out.

Customer Service equal on both.

Hope this helps.

+1 for the Kimber Ultra CDP II. I have used it as my primary carry gun for the past 4 months with no regrets. After the initial break in it functions flawlessly. Very solid feel - nice treatment to the slide for carry (they round all the edges so that it's less likely to get caught on clothing.) The night meprolight sights are terrific.

For accuracy it's a tack driver at 10-15 yards. At 25 it's tougher for me than a full size 1911 due to the reduced sight radius - but that's just me, not the gun. One modification I made was to order a pair of Alumagrips - Chris, the owner was very helpful with great customer service.
    No arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women.

Ronald Reagan

My Ultra CDP II is just an outstanding handgun. In .45 ACP, of course. It's accurate, reliable, comfortable to shoot and easility concealable.

Just spent a very pleasant afternoon at the range on Friday. Ran about 150 rounds through it with nary a hiccup. For every-carry comfrot, I put a set of thinline Alumagrips on.
    Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

Senior Member Array hudsonvalley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rodc13 View Post
    My Ultra CDP II is just an outstanding handgun. In .45 ACP, of course. It's accurate, reliable, comfortable to shoot and easility concealable.

Just spent a very pleasant afternoon at the range on Friday. Ran about 150 rounds through it with nary a hiccup. For every-carry comfrot, I put a set of thinline Alumagrips on.
    Where are the Rosewood grips?
    Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives.
    ---Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by hudsonvalley View Post
    Where are the Rosewood grips?
    Still have 'em and might use them again one of these days. The rosewood does look really nice. Especially with some good gunleather, like this one from Tucker.

Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

Quote Originally Posted by Naturalstate View Post
    My friend held the EMP for about 10 min. and has just ordered the 9 mm. Order time 2 weeks to 2 months. $1160.00
    Larry's Pistol & Pawn Online Store

In stock, No out of state sales tax (unless your in Alabama), and no credit card surcharge. Great guys! Although, the price has went up about $75 in the last month. Still very competitive.

Had both the EMP and the Ultra CDP II. The CDP II is far superior because of its trigger. I sold the EMP but currently have the Ultra in 9mm and the Compact CDP II in.45 ACP. Dennis

Any STI Rogue owners here? Any comment about it? Thanks!

Links