I'm trying to narrow the field of carry guns I own. In short, I need to pick two and stick with them.
The criteria is as follows:
- Both guns are for carry/self defense only
- One gun for summer carry. Its hot here. Temp's in the 90's and humidity in the 90% range aren't uncommon.
- The winter months are usually cold enough for a fleece type sweatshirt. A coat is worn just a few months out of the year.
- .38 special is the minimum caliber. Anything that is this size or larger is acceptable.
- Double actions are preferable. I love the single action of the 1911 for competition, but I'm afraid of an accidental discharge if the pressure was really intense.
- I'm impressed with designs that make things simple. The simpler the better.
I'm flexible on methods for carry. IWB and pocket holsters are most used in my daily travels.
Thanks in advance for any/all suggestions on which two handguns you would settle with.