Taurus P145

Taurus P145

This is a discussion on Taurus P145 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; What is the opinions on this pistol?A local shop has one for $299....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Taurus P145

Taurus P145

What is the opinions on this pistol?A local shop has one for $299.

I carry one daily. Nice price, assume it's used?
    I'm a child of the 60's, but I got over it.

I had a pt-140 and never had a problem. Thats a fair price for a used one. Check it out and if it seems to be in good shape, grab it up. It does have the "straight eight" sights, which is why I got rid of mine. So, make sure it's something you like, but you can always change em down the road.
    God Bless America!!

I looked at a PT145 yesterday and I went with the intentions of buying it. I liked everything about it except the sights. Just a little large for a carry gun, in my opinion. Yes, I know what they say about opinions.

The front sight, especially, looks like it had the potential to hang up on a draw. The rear sight wasn't too bad. Actually, they were nice sights, just not for a carry gun. I still haven't ruled the gun out just yet. I can always change the sights for some lower profile ones. I haven't shot the PT145 yet but it was a pretty nice compact .45 for the money. There, now I've almost talked myself into going back and getting it.

Well...I love my 2nd generation DAO PT145. This particular model had screw in sites...so it was very easy to change them out...a little bit of loc-tite and away we go...

As for a carry piece...it is awesome. Look how much smaller it is compared to the Glock 19...and we are talking about 10 + 1 .45 ACP pills...eh?

Here is the size compared to my G26:

It all comes down to going down the dark holes after monsters. Thatís what itís all about; when everyone else is huddled around the campfire, somebody has to go out and fight.

Wow, great price, jump on it. I have never had any problems with my Taurus'
    Member: NRA & GSSF
    Glock Certified Armorer
    *Oderint Dum Metuant*
    "You don't shoot to kill.... You shoot to survive."

I bought a gen 3 on a whim, have no intention of carrying it, (might see use as a night stand gun or a "truck" gun though)
    I hate the straight 8 sights..........will likely change them out for fiber optics. I've only put around 200rds thru it (again, cause I hate the sights), haven't had any issues with it (or for that matter any of the other Tauri's we have).
    When Guns Are Outlawed, Only Outlaws will have guns

Just remember, When seconds count help is mere minutes away

Also remember, When you go to trial by jury you are putting yourself into the hands of 12 people who weren't smart enough to get out of jury duty.

Great gun. Lots of bang for buck. I carry one on occasion in an OWB Bianchi Shadow 7

I'm going to my dealer tomorrow and buy it,I called him today and said I'd be there tomorrow afternoon,no problem he told me. It comes with a case and an extra mag for $299 +tx.I'll try to get him down a little.
    How do you tell a 1st,2nd and 3rd generation apart?

I carry my 3rd Gen PT145 daily and love it. Looks like a good price

Taurus PT145 Pro 3rd generation are SA/DA. What that means is that it is single action and it will only go to double action if you have a misfire and it gives you a second strike capability in double action. All other PT145 Millenium Pro's made before the 3rd gen were double action only. You can determine if the gun is 3rd gen by looking at the slide. The 3rd gen have Millenium on the left side of the slide and PT145 Pro on the right side of the slide.
    2nd Gen have Millenium Pro on the left side and PT145 on the right side of the slide. First gen have Millenium on the left side of the slide and PT145 on the right side of the slide.

First Generation were prone to problems. I would avoid getting a first generation.

I carry one (3rd Gen) every day. The only thing I do not care for is the Hinie sites, wish it had the normal 3 dot.

That is a good price, I paid $329 for mine
    02PSD4ME

Had mine for over a year and around 500 rounds down range without a hitch..It's a good buy by all means :)
    The words can't and impossible are honey only to lips of losers. "Keith Matt(Me)"

Ruger KP95
    Glock 22/ PT145/ Pardner Pump Tactical/ Century AK-74

Quote Originally Posted by kimberland View Post
    Taurus PT145 Pro 3rd generation are SA/DA. What that means is that it is single action and it will only go to double action if you have a misfire and it gives you a second strike capability in double action. ...
    Whoa. Are you saying that I can't have double acction on the first round and single action on subsequent rounds?

Quote Originally Posted by gwlammers View Post
    Whoa. Are you saying that I can't have double acction on the first round and single action on subsequent rounds?
    That's right. When you chamber a round, the gun is ready to fire SA. Only in the event a cartridge fails to fire is DA available to give rapid second strike capability. So you MUST carry with the safety on.
    Life is too short to be serious!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links