Anyone carry a CZ-82?

Anyone carry a CZ-82?

This is a discussion on Anyone carry a CZ-82? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; They seem a little bulky, but I love how they shoot. Plus, they hold 13 rounds....

Anyone carry a CZ-82?

They seem a little bulky, but I love how they shoot. Plus, they hold 13 rounds.

I carry one on occasion when greater discretion is called for, as in some venues a 1911 is a bit harder to hide. It is a nice little gun, and I barely notice it is there in a fairly generic IWB holster. Doesn't even make a lump under a waistcoat and jacket. It is indeed refreshing to have so many rounds on call. Though I am sure I am preaching to the choir, with the 9x18 being a bit weaker than 9x19, make sure you tote high quality hollowpoints.
    Great little gun overall. It is extremely ergonomic, fits my hand like a glove. It has Wonderful stock sites, compared to some others, and a very nice trigger also.

I have one I carry during the winter months. It's a heavy little gun being all steel but it's a fun little shooter. I recently bought a Keltec P-11 and carry it during the summer months. That's 11 rounds of 9MM in a nice little package. All in all I like my CZ82
    If you cannot stand behind our troops feel free to stand in front of them.

GOD BLESS AMERICA!

If you are authorized to carry a weapon, and you walk outside without it, just take a deep breath, and say this to yourself..."Baa."

I carry one in a Bianchi Professional IWB. Very comfortable to carry and shoot!!
    "An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it."

This would be the top selling compact pistol if it came with an alloy, single stack receiver. If I am going to carry a pistol of the wt and girth, it will be in a larger caliber. There are many things that I love about this pistol. CZ just needs to tweek it a little.

ranburr

CZ82

I agree with ranburr, I really like the CZ82, but it really needs to be lighter. And for a concealed carry piece, a nice thin single-stack grip would be nice.
    Oh wait, there is one. It's called a Sig230. I would prefer the CZ but the SIG is about the same size half the weight.
    I've known about CZ's for years. Always liked the big 75 but I have a heavy full size 9mm. I did buy a CZ75 Compact D with alloy frame today. I'll report on it as soon as I shoot it. Hoping it will handle hot personal defence hollow points.
    The gun is the size of my G19 and slightly heavier. Probably as thick too. But at least it don't have corners all over it.

High Cap Mags

I might add that the 13 or 14 or more round mags are allright for those that feel the need for great firepower. But if I need more than 7 or 8 rounds, I hope I have a shotgun near by. Or maybe a carbine.
    The smaller unmber of rounds in a single stack makes the carry gun lighter and thinner. This means it's more likely to be uner my T-shirt and not under the car seat.
    I've been thinking of something like the 380 alloy to carry but keep a high capicity in the car.

Thanks guys. I'll probably carry my Walther pp during summer months and switch to the CZ-82 in the winter.

Quote Originally Posted by ranburr View Post
    This would be the top selling compact pistol if it came with an alloy, single stack receiver. If I am going to carry a pistol of the wt and girth, it will be in a larger caliber. There are many things that I love about this pistol. CZ just needs to tweek it a little.

ranburr
    Already own one with an alloy frame and single stack mag. Its called a PA-63. It even has it's own little Crossbreed IWB holster to live in!
    One of my favorite CCW guns. Plus at $120.00 its not hard on the wallet either.
    If you cannot stand behind our troops feel free to stand in front of them.

GOD BLESS AMERICA!

If you are authorized to carry a weapon, and you walk outside without it, just take a deep breath, and say this to yourself..."Baa."

Links