Ruger LCP .380 (Merged X 2)

This is a discussion on Ruger LCP .380 (Merged X 2) within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Congrats!! They are nice guns, although I have not had the pleasure of owning one as of yet.....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ruger LCP .380 (Merged X 2)

Congrats!! They are nice guns, although I have not had the pleasure of owning one as of yet..
    EVIL PREVAILS WHEN GOOD MEN FAIL TO ACT.

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array HowardCohodas's Avatar
    Great pistol. I just received a magazine grip extension. Still fits well in pocket. I have to shoot with and without the extension to see if there is any difference. I am carrying in my weak side front pocket using a DeSantis Super Fly.
    Howard
    I carry a gun because I can't carry a cop!!
    Politically Incorrect Self Defense

Quote Originally Posted by turk1800 View Post
    holsters, what are you guys useing for lcp pocket,or?and were? oh and yes were did you get for 259.00 would like to check on that thanks tommy
    Using a DeSantis Nemesis for the pocket and a Fobus Evolution Paddle holster for OWB carry.

I was on a waiting list at Bud's Gun Shop online and got the call this morning. I sent the money order for $325 including shipping, and have an FFL will bring it in for no cost.

Check with them at Guns for Sale
    "It's a big gun when I carry it, it is also a big gun when I take it out” – Clint Smith

Which do you (who ever has experience with both) prefer? the DeSantis Nemesis or Super Fly for the Ruger LCP???

Think first, act appropriately...

I called a couple of the larger shops around the state and everyone seemed to have a waiting list. I called a shop about 5 doors down from my office and luckly they had one. I paid alittle more but I got it right then so I'm happy

Quote Originally Posted by sidetech View Post
    Which do you (who ever has experience with both) prefer? the DeSantis Nemesis or Super Fly for the Ruger LCP???
    Get the SuperFly and you will have both. The SuperFly is essentially the Nemesis with an additional flap attached with Velcro. This flap makes it print like a wallet in your pocket. However, if you had a certain pair of pants with a smaller pocket, you can just remove the flap and your back to the basic Nemesis holster.

Hoss

Sig 239 SAS 40 S&W / Sig 239 9mm / Kahr PM-9 / Walther PPS .40 / Sig P-245 / Ruger LCP
    Beretta Tomcat / Walther PPK / BDA 380 / Taurus 85 / Kel-Tec PF-9 / Am. Derringer 357

NRA Life Member
    My Web Site

EW3
    Quote Originally Posted by sidetech View Post
    My vote goes to the Nemesis. I've had both for a (now gone) P3AT and the Superfly is thicker and bulkier. The flap, while a nice concept on the Superfly, is HUGE. Try putting a CD jewel case in your front pocket and you will get an idea. The Nemesis sticks in the pocket just as well and is a little thinner.
    "Naked and Starving as They are We Cannot Enough Admire the Incomparable Patience and Fidelity of the Soldiery" – George Washington, Valley Forge, 1777.

Has anyone else had problems with their LCP? I tried to put some Corbon through mine and when I chambered the round, it locked my pistol up tight. I called Ruger and he had me disassemble it with the round in the chamber (I had to use a rubber hammer to get it apart). The round was stuck in the barrel and I had to use a rod to get it out. The service guy said that they have had calls like mine with a couple types of ammo. Corbon is a pretty popular round and unfortunately it is the main one that is giving them problems.
    "To be prepared for war is one of the most effectual means of preserving peace" George Washington

LCP

I just picked up a LCP today, the store had only one in and had not put it out on display yet. Is there a spot to get an extra magazine and grip extension for the little buggers?
    NRA Life Member

Senior Member Array HowardCohodas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ronbo View Post
    Is there a spot to get an extra magazine and grip extension for the little buggers?
    I bought the LCP, an extra magazine and a grip extender from three different vendors on Gunbroker.com. No problem with any of the transactions.
    Howard
    I carry a gun because I can't carry a cop!!
    Politically Incorrect Self Defense

i've shot 90gr. cor-bons, and dpx's in mine,, no problems,, the dpx has less recoil. got mine filled with dpx's. [also shot 2 boxes of 102 golden sabres, s&b r.n,,no problems]

So basically, I got one with low chamber tolerance that won't take Corbon. I bought some Winchester SXT's and they will at least chamber. Haven't taken them to the range yet.
    "To be prepared for war is one of the most effectual means of preserving peace" George Washington

First time at the range with LCP.

Sort of like a first date. Didn't really know what to expect.

6 clips with no mis-feeds of any kind. Accuracy seems to be decent (I'm out of practice so don't put too much stock in that). I grouped 3 inches, low and away (at least I'm consistent).

The trigger took a little getting used to. It's a really long pull with a BANG at the very end.

I also took my .357 revolver loaded with wadcutter reloads that my late father in law gave me. After shooting two full cylinders worth, I started playing guess the chamber. I'd take out one of the spent shells, load one live round, spin it, and pull the trigger 3 times max. If three didn't fire, I'd spin it again to lose the flinch.

It really works. I was consistently getting 9 and 10 ring shots at 10 yards.
    -Tony

"Those who beat their guns into plowshares will plow for those who didn't." -- Thomas Jefferson

VIP Member
    Wow, I'm in a good mood. My buddy who owns a gun store has been coaxing his gun distributor to send him an LCP, he unexpectantly got one in today and phoned me to tell me to "come pick it up when it's handy". Handy? Heck with that I'm coming to pick it up right now! So I've got it sitting right here NIB, it's going to make a good pocket gun for me on the times that I need to carry one.

My son has had one for about a month, he got lucky at an out-of-town gun store. I shot his and it did fine, it does have a long trigger pull, once you get used to it you can pull quickly through the travel then slow down while you expect the break.

Went for a physical exam with the doctor on Wednesday, they just called with my labs and said everything was in normal range.

Good gun and good blood work. I hope this good mood lasts a while
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links