Glock 30SF or 36?

Glock 30SF or 36?

This is a discussion on Glock 30SF or 36? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; What's the thoughts? Is the slide of the SF the same width as the 36 or 30? What's the diff in grip size? Is the ...

Thread: Glock 30SF or 36?

Glock 30SF or 36?

What's the thoughts? Is the slide of the SF the same width as the 36 or 30? What's the diff in grip size? Is the 30sf basically between the 30 and 36 or is it a whole different animal?(as much as any model glock can be different from any other of the same size)
    In God we trust, everyone else keep your hands where I can see them.

Rights are like muscles: If you don't excersise them they slowly disappear.

The 30sf is exactly the same as the 30, except for a minor reduction (3mm, I think) in the back of the grip. Trigger reach is a little easier now, and the hump on the backstrap was also reduced. It's still just as wide as the regular 30.

Glock 30 is 1.27 inches wide. Glock 36 is 1.13 inches wide. Capacity is 6+1 for the G36, 10+1 for the 30sf.
    Slow is smooth.....smooth is fast.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bline View Post
    What's the thoughts? Is the slide of the SF the same width as the 36 or 30? What's the diff in grip size? Is the 30sf basically between the 30 and 36 or is it a whole different animal?(as much as any model glock can be different from any other of the same size)
    Basically the same as the Model 30 except for slightly smaller exterior grip dimensions.

Here is a source of information:
    New Glock 30SF | The Firearm Blog
    If the public are bound to yield obedience to laws to which they cannot give their approbation, they are slaves to those who make such laws and enforce them.--Samuel Adams as Candidus, Boston Gazette 20 Jan. 1772

Veteran--USA FA
    NRA Benefactor Life
    Tennessee Firearms Association Life

VIP Member
    NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    Quote Originally Posted by Bline View Post
    30 SF hands down.

From seeing customers come in with the 36, it seems there some issues with the 36 that may or may have been worked out (don't get me wrong I love Glock and own 7 or 8 I lost count); however, the only one I refuse to buy is the 36, I'm not sold on it just yet. A lot of people that rent our 36 seem to have a much easier time making the gun malfunction. It seems like its a limp wristing problem; however, the IMHO it lowers user ability. Plus the 30 has the ability to take magazines that hold more than 10 you could in theory take a 30 SF and turn it into a full hand size G21 just with the smaller compact slide.

My next Glock will be the 30SF to compliment my G21 SF, and If I can convince myself that .45 ACP is the way to go for carry may turn that into a new carry rig.
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

I've got a 21SF and a 30...I can't tell the difference between the girth of the grips.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

Here's a pic of a G30(SF) & G36 side by side. I just last Fri. picked up the G30. Put about 200 rds through it. Both guns have functioned flawlessly for me. Though historically, the G30 has been the more reliable gun. There is a considerable difference in grip size. I have no problems with either and I have small hands.

BTW, I got grease on the sheets while taking that pic. Wife is gonna be ticked
    A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity.
    -- Sigmund Freud

Here's a pic of the grip difference between a G30 and a G30sf. Pic taken by Ken Lunde at the 2008 Shot Show. He takes some awesome pics, here is a collection of his pics from the 2008 Shot Show:

Ken Lunde's 2008 SHOT Show Photos & Report
    Attached Images
    Slow is smooth.....smooth is fast.

Sponsored Links