Kel Tec Pf9 - Page 2

Kel Tec Pf9

This is a discussion on Kel Tec Pf9 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; do they make the laser grips for the PF9?...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kel Tec Pf9

do they make the laser grips for the PF9?

Not grips, but there are laser sights that fit on frame under barrel.

speer gold dot, corbon 115gr, Federal Hydra-shok 124gr(?) in hollow point have all worked fine in my PF-9.

The recoil is strong for 9mm but not strong like a .44 magnum or anything. It is just a bit snappy and causes higher than expected muzzle rise compared to a full size gun in 9mm. But for a gun that weighs almost nothing, that should be expected.
    Putting more than about 50 rounds down range with mine causes the grip to rub a raw spot on the skin between the thumb and forefinger. I have been too lazy to sand off the bit of plastic flashing there, which would probably fix that issue.
    It is also a bit more likely to FTF if you have a limp wristing problem. It has never happened to me, but my mother had an issue until she modified her arm position. She has arthritis and likes to shoot with her elbows in a deep "V". With my full sized Glocks it doesn't cause an issue but it did with the PF-9. When she straightened her elbows, no more issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Precision View Post
    speer gold dot, corbon 115gr, Federal Hydra-shok 124gr(?) in hollow point have all worked fine in my PF-9.

The recoil is strong for 9mm but not strong like a .44 magnum or anything. It is just a bit snappy and causes higher than expected muzzle rise compared to a full size gun in 9mm. But for a gun that weighs almost nothing, that should be expected.
    Putting more than about 50 rounds down range with mine causes the grip to rub a raw spot on the skin between the thumb and forefinger. I have been too lazy to sand off the bit of plastic flashing there, which would probably fix that issue.
    It is also a bit more likely to FTF if you have a limp wristing problem. It has never happened to me, but my mother had an issue until she modified her arm position. She has arthritis and likes to shoot with her elbows in a deep "V". With my full sized Glocks it doesn't cause an issue but it did with the PF-9. When she straightened her elbows, no more issue.
    Weird - Glocks always have trouble with limp wrist.

I've been carrying the big brother, a P-11 for several years and finally broke down and bought the new PF-9, a Fathers Day present to me. It shoots tight groups at 15 yards......but they are all about 4" high and 4" to the left, no matter what ammo I use. I shot over 100 rounds hoping to break it in and get the point of impact closer to the point of aim. I had two buddies shoot it with the same results. Last week it went back to KelTec. I sure do hope they can fix it, it is a really nice pocket carry pistol and a great BUG behind my Browning Hi Power.

I'll let ya know how it turns out or as Paul Harvey says.....the rest of the story!!

tex
    The only thing needed for evil to exist is for good men to stand by and do nothing!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links