Jimenez Arms .380

Jimenez Arms .380

This is a discussion on Jimenez Arms .380 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My wife and I took her new toy out today to try it out. Needless to say it was horrible. The gun kept jamming, FTF, ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jimenez Arms .380

Jimenez Arms .380

My wife and I took her new toy out today to try it out. Needless to say it was horrible. The gun kept jamming, FTF, FTE, and 1 or 2 stovepipes. We tried several different types of ammo. She was only able to put MAYBE 15 rounds through it. 1 magazine still has 2 rounds stuck halway down the magazine. Before I give up hope, has anyone dealt with Jimenez Arms customer service before. I wasn't to impressed with their shipping policies posted on their site. Thanks for any info.

Take it back to the store. They won't refund your money, but hold them responsible for a defective gun. Have them ship it back for repairs. It will cost you almost what the gun is worth to ship it overnight.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

if the gun has a warranty, it shouldn't cost you much, if anything, for the company to fix it. if you get screwed, consider it a lesson learned, similar to the one i learned after buying a cobra enterprises .380 a few months back. i got wise, and bought a keltec p3at last week.

I have never even heard of the company or gun!! I guess that explains alot eh? Sorry about the bad gun though, that sucks!!
    Nothing Wrong With Shooting as Long as the Right People Get Shot.
    Clint Eastwood, Magnum Force, 1973

Jimenez firearms are unreliable,you get what you pay for , if you buy one for ccw you don't put much value on you're life.I would never buy a Jimenez or cobra unless I needed a heavy fishing weight
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

B52
    +1 on what dukalmighty said. Your life is worth more than a Jimez firearm...buy a Keltec if you are short on funds.

I realise that sometimes the cheap price looks attractive on some firearms but if you're new to guns and whats on the market sometimes it's a good idea to ask questions about different makes of guns,just because it's cheap doesn't mean it's not a good gun,but I've seen nothing but bad reviews on the jimenez pistols and the cobras aren't much better
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Senior Member Array mr surveyor's Avatar
    Jiminez is part of the Davis, Lorcen, Raven......(them names go on, and on) evolution...the "ring of fire" manufacturers....

yes, they are very cheaply made, but can be made to work! If you have owned an older model Kel-Tec you will be familiar with the term "fluff and buff". The Jiminez will benefit greatly from some very minor polishing:

Disassemble the gun and use a small piece of 600 grit wet/dry sand paper wrapped around a pencil and work it slowly and softly in and out of the chamber. You are NOT trying to remove metal, just remove the crummy coating, similar to parkerization, that ends up as overspray in the chamber. Then pay very close attention to removing all the black gunk from the feed ramp as well. Again, you are NOT trying to remove metal, just the overspray gunk that should not be in the chamber or on the feed ramp. Then clean up all the goo, lube it up and try it again.

One of my ffl buddies bought 3-4 of the 380's and 25's just to have available in his shop. He had me "tune" them all, and range test them. They were all range reliable, no FTE or FTF after a 10-15 minutes of work on each.

Would I carry one...NO. They are NOT safe carry with one in the tube, and I will NOT carry without one in the tube. Are they reliable? Probably not for the long haul. Did I buy one? Yes... He offered my the JA25 with 4 mags for $75 "to get the danged things out of the shop".

Give it a try, you can still make a fun shooter out of it. The four I worked with were all amazingly accurate, all things considered.

surv

I had to ask before I could say "I told you so". My wife purchased the gun at a gunshow. She handled everything from the Bersa to the crap we shot today. She was excited at making her first gunshow "deal". I blame myself but I did advise her against it. But, some good did come out of it. She told me she wants to go find something Monday. She likes shooting my Sigs and my CW9. So it's a start.

If you're looking for a inexpensive .380 try the Bersa Thunder. If you look around you can find them for $200-250. Well worth the money, and accurate. Good Luck.

My Ex... thought the only things worth shooting was .45's and M-16's, but she was trianed by the Army, so that explained it.

We did some work on one that is in the same category, and if I shoot CCI in it, it works fine. Anything other than that, forget it... FTF, etc. But put CCI in it... whole different story. I would not ever depend upon it for CCW.

VIP Member
    I'd never tell the wife "I told you so", even if it is what is running through my mind! But if the lesson taught her that her life and yours are worth a few more dollars spent, it was a cheap lesson.

Yeah the "I told you so" was kind of me saying it on the inside.

Administrator
    Jimenez Arms - I thought they were ordered by the State Attorney General to be shut down for making firearms that failed safety testing?
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

I've seen hundred of these pistols and never seen one that worked.

ranburr

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links